RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Duratrax Cliff Climber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/duratrax-cliff-climber/)
-   -   tekin fxr (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/duratrax-cliff-climber/202396-tekin-fxr.html)

73fordhighboy 09-30-2009 02:00 PM

tekin fxr

does anybody know if the "Tekin FXR" will work with the stock cc motors:?:

stelerzman 10-04-2009 10:35 PM

yes they will, just remember to wire in perallel, and rear motor needs to be soildered backwards. you could upgrade to either the 8500, or the 11000 motors for more torqe and wheel speed.

73fordhighboy 10-05-2009 11:32 AM

thanks! im still trying to gather up info to see which direction to take.

Rockfrog 10-05-2009 11:43 AM

Pretty much any 1/10 ESC will work. running 2 x 380's is nothing compared to a decent 540. I was using a Duratrax Intellispeed Sport before my switch to a MLST ESC. With one servo it worked fine, but the second servo thermalled out the BEC.
Expect the same scenario with most ESC's there. I've since added a UBEC from E-bay. The FX-R should fair better than my DTX unit ... that is if it doesn't just cook off for the spite of it (I've heard they do have an issue or two from time to time).
Another suggestion would be a novak Rooster Crawler, I have one in my Creeper that's working pretty well ... but you would be limited to 8 cells.

benoj 10-05-2009 12:26 PM

yes it will work but for the stock motors to do any crawling you will need to run it on 3s lipo or equivilent. and the 8500 and 11000 motor from dtx are worse than stock, they have less torque

73fordhighboy 10-05-2009 11:27 PM

so you used a mini lst 2 esc? how did that work? i have one sitting here... it's ok to use? do i wire my batteries in series or parallel? thanks

SDheavymetal 10-06-2009 08:45 PM

I installed one FX R in my son's Cliff Climber and the drag brake doesn't work very wel. The guys with Bergs run 2 FX R's. I will ask at the next comp.

Rockfrog 10-07-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73fordhighboy (Post 2031486)
so you used a mini lst 2 esc? how did that work? i have one sitting here... it's ok to use? do i wire my batteries in series or parallel? thanks

For starters ... no drag brake.
I added a BEC as that was thermalling my old 1/10 esc I use previously. Now my two TS-70MG BB's run no issues. (although I'm comtemplating eliminating rear steer - so the BEC may no longer be needed)
I've used just a single 8cell 1200mAh pack on the front axle.
For the MLST esc I would wire parallel ... I can't find specs as to whether is will handle double voltage or not but there is only one battery lead.
At 9.6V I'm probably pushing it but it's working fine so far in the house.
Waiting on a few parts before I take it to 'The Bowl' out here at work.
Stall is still there in full force but with stock motors and gearing and only 9.6V that's expected.
But at $32 shipped from the US to Canada ... it's working pretty good.
I'm going to switch to Tamiya RS380's or GWS T400's when they get here both have lower voltage spec's (both are from 4.8 -9.6V)
and then I'll probably add the Gearbox to each axle like others have done (us scandinavian).
Then we'll see how the ESC handles full on crawling ... I have a pro-boats 4-10cell 1/10 ESC on standby though .. but again, no drag brake.
I wonder if there is an add on drag brake available?