Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Kinda thinking now this was a bad choice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 08:21 PM   #1

Default Kinda thinking now this was a bad choice

I guess you get what you pay for.

Yesterday my son wanted to play with his cc that he got for his b-day on the 3rd. He has not really drove it a hole lot and the transmitter go's bad. So I swap the crystals with mine and he's back to work. Well today he want's to play with it and I get him going he comes back in about 10 min later and stripped two teeth off the idler gear while I was figuring that out I see all 4 shocks are leaking.

Is all this normal for the cheep little b@st@rds?

Dave

O also forgot to mention it was missing the transmitter antenna when we got it.

Last edited by TimberKrawler; 10-14-2009 at 09:58 PM.
TimberKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Contact Duratrax (Great Planes) and let them know ... they should take careof you. I was missing one of the steering links and then sent me two replacements free of charge.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:13 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I guess I got lucky with mine I didn't have any issues until I upgraded to bigger motors and ESC.
LeDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:37 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Bought one for my Daughter last week and so far its great. Maybe yours was made on a Friday and they were in a hurry to get home I'm sure there are a few duds out there but as they say call them and they will hook you up with replacement stuff.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #5

Ordered 2 steel replacement idler gears today. One to replace the broken idler gear and one for a spare. I figured if his broke mine will be next. I also figured the oem transmitter is kinda junk so I am not going to try to have it warrantied. I found two Traxxas Tq2's with receivers on e-bay for cheap so I bought them.

I think at this point I am going to only replace cheaper parts and make no great dollar upgrades unless they can be used on my other project. At that point when time comes my cc will become a parts truck for my son's. At this time I will ether finish my scaler or save up and buy a good crawler.

Dave
Old 10-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

awh man, save up and buy a better crawler:-( 1/2 the fun is finding the limits & staying at 9/10's right? only thing left on mine is the esc and...axles. all done pretty cheap. cheaper if i paid 50 for a prebuilt but then i would'nt have had a baseline. oh well. i sorta went your route. bought stuff that will work with parts that would eventually be in there. damn near a comp rig minus the axles, motors & esc. getting the bully's next month. at this point i'll have another stock cc sitting on the shelf oh yeah i do still have the cc body on there- cut and clearenced and lowered.
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

If your getting metal idlers, you'll be metal everything else soon. I ate through all my gears pretty quick after getting it.
gunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

go outside with the kid and watch how he runs it. i thought my crawler was indestructable my daughter showed me it wasn't kids kill crawlers!!
budro kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:05 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

had lots of problems with mine too can even give this thing away no one wants them
must85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by must85 View Post
had lots of problems with mine too can even give this thing away no one wants them

I can give you my address.....
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:04 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsifrtsi View Post
I can give you my address.....

too funny
Old 10-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Every one says get a better one. Well I already have a better one but for $130.00 CDN you cant beat it. You have to understand it does have limits. And half the fun is modding it to work better.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by budro kemp View Post
go outside with the kid and watch how he runs it. i thought my crawler was indestructable my daughter showed me it wasn't kids kill crawlers!!
Yep your right. I gave him mine to run today it was more like a rock race then a crawl. So I parted mine for the rear axle for his so he can keep beating on his. This gave me time to clock my axles and check into some other mods. I am still going to keep the mods on the cheep for mine and keep his all stock till the day comes I can buy me a quality crawler or maybe work on my scale truck.

This will work out good though. I can still mod mine and stock pile my left over parts for my son's. then when time comes I can transfer what parts I want to what ever I upgrade to and he will have mod parts, stock parts well parts to break.

Dave
Old 10-19-2009, 10:55 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

yuppers, im doing the same. stock pile my parts. then one day when i look back on all this----"damn i've got like 3 of these little turds"
Old 10-21-2009, 06:08 PM   #15

Quote:
you can give it to me i could use a parts rig i had both batteries explode in mine (wrong charger my own stupid mistake) now the esc dont work. :-( they're too expensive dont have an extra $75 bucks layin around too bad cause i love that little thing!!!!
fastevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:16 PM   #16
I joined the Band!

Quote:

i must have got the exception to the rule because mine has stock elecs. and gears and motors and 2.2's and it hasnt given me a bit of problems. it is an awesome little crawler
TNCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73fordhighboy View Post
yuppers, im doing the same. stock pile my parts. then one day when i look back on all this----"damn i've got like 3 of these little turds"
Sounds exactly like what happened to me back in 2004 when the VMG was a popular mini for modding (actually at the timeitwaspretty much the only one).... now you can't find parts. When I pulled everything back out of the closet a few months back ... I've got almost three in stock parts and upgrades. And they are still fun to mod.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote