Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: duratrax cc upgrade parts help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #21
RCC Addict

I want to wire the two motors up to my traxxas xl-5 and use a 7.4v lipo with about 2600mah,(actually 2 1300mah that I was going to wire in parallel) any advise on how to wire the motors and if 7.4v lipo will be ok with these 2 motors? This is new to me and I know that the xl-5 can only handle up to 9.6v, 100a forward, 60a reverse and 14a continuous, I can't wire it for 14.4 or whatever the rtr cc are set up for. Any thoughts?
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2009, 10:56 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

i would have to say: i think you'll be fine with the lipo on there. how to wire it? my fxr is wired in parallel (motors). is the esc made for lipo's? i dont know traxxis stuff
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:21 PM   #23
RCC Addict

I have run 7.4 lipos on it with no problems, just added a lipo alarm buzzer to monitor when cells get low. hoping it will have enough torque, I'm thinking about getting the banebots and metal gears now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73fordhighboy View Post
i would have to say: i think you'll be fine with the lipo on there. how to wire it? my fxr is wired in parallel (motors). is the esc made for lipo's? i dont know traxxis stuff
Old 11-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #24
jwo
Rock Crawler

Photobucket

Photobucket

well these are the pics of the brake line links. one on the rig. and the other with the bent link off and the tools i use. hope this helps
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:03 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Pictures say a thousand words, thanks so much!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwo View Post
Photobucket

Photobucket

well these are the pics of the brake line links. one on the rig. and the other with the bent link off and the tools i use. hope this helps
Old 11-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #26
jwo
Rock Crawler

no problem, hope it works out for you if you decide to go this route.
jwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Hey gunch, any recommendations on a esc, would a rooster crawler be a better option for 2 banebots? Keep in mind that I'll have to run the motors in parallel and it will only get 7.4v lipo @ 4000mah. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunch View Post
yeah, definitely new gears, you'll got through those quick if she goes forward/reverse a lot or back and forth fast. Also some banebots motors are pretty cheap to upgrade the power but you'll need to upgrade the esc too, which can be expensive depending on model. look around for a good used cheap on if possible, then she should be able to have some fun. Also the link. I think it was easier to make my own with brake line and threaded rod than to cut the stock ones, drill, etc. Good luck
Old 11-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

^ a rooster crawler would suit you perfect! thats what i run and i really like it. strong drag brake, ability to have great low end control and easy one touch set-up. wow, that sounded like an advertisement.
gunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:30 PM   #29
RCC Addict

So are you running banebots with 1 7.4v lipo and it give just as much power as the duratrax 14v dual battery setup? What size shaft does the banebots have? Will the stock pinion gears on the cc5000 work with the banebots? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunch View Post
^ a rooster crawler would suit you perfect! thats what i run and i really like it. strong drag brake, ability to have great low end control and easy one touch set-up. wow, that sounded like an advertisement.
Old 11-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

^i use the banebots, with my stock 11 pinions haven't gone lipo yet.
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Here's an update....Ordering all metal gears front and back, metal output joints, bearing kit, cvds and a set of creeper beadlocks to go with the creeper tires I already have. Bought some traxxas link ends, 1/4" brake line and 6/32 all thread rod to make new links. How well do the steering knuckles hold up on these or should I get the aluminum ones? I got an evx at a great price so that issue is solved however, I am going to run 2) 7.4v 2200mah lipos in this and need to add a lipo cutoff to it as a buzzer just wont cut it if I'm not around and and my daughter is using it. I have been searching alot on this and have come to 2 options. Option A is to get a 2s novak cutoff and wire it to the bec side of the evx however I'm adding a ubec to this so I don't now if thats an issue. Option b is to get a 4s lipo cutoff and wire it to the 14.8v set of wires from the evx, my question is which is better and why. Thanks.
49 for an artr was a great deal until I had to do all this, now I'm into it for nearly 300 bucks..........this thing better perform well lol

Last edited by kurtus; 11-27-2009 at 12:09 PM.