Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Shock oil?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2009, 11:45 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Shock oil?

Just got one of these little gems. And one of the shocks has fell apart.

I am wondering what shock oil everybody is running or if someone knows what was factory. Duratrax website sucks for info so just wondering.

And as far as motors go.... The motor thread is very confusing of what to get. I have a stock ESC which would work best.

Thanks Scott.
n8big is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

thats pretty cool man i have an ax10 with the same mods- 35t though. i just looked at mine- chisel tires. my bad

i use integy threaded shocks and run 25 or 30wt cant remember now. i ran 25 in my stockers

most guys in here that run the banebots motors use various 1/10? 540 style esc's one of us in here uses/used a losi mini lst2 esc. reason being is the stock esc cant handle the draw-amps (heat) that they require. well for too long i should say. they will thermal out. then you got to wait till she cools.

Last edited by 73fordhighboy; 12-20-2009 at 12:43 AM. Reason: adding
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:14 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the reply. I will see what else it needs after christmas. When we can run it with fully charged batteries. I bought some 35 or 40 wt. oil on friday night so I will try that because my axial is leaking some oil also.
n8big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #4

Question

Iv'e been wondering about that as well. I bought an ax10 rtr a couple of weeks ago. Did alot of cheap mods:tires, foam, springs, and a cc bec for steering. I have tweaked the links and shock mounts but the dampening of the springs still sucks. If anyone knows what weight oil is in the shocks from factory, please let me know so that I have a baseline to work with.
KILLERKRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

one of my socks fell apart as well (bottom cap fel off) I just picked up another set fo cheap an swapped al the oils to 35W, in my creeper i run 35W front and 90W rear, on the CC it's 35W al around right now and Vendetta rear springs (green front, bue rear)
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:45 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

heck, my shocks have been so leaky I think they are dry... I'm running them in full droop, and because they are getting replaced, no springs. Take a look at them when you are fully flexed, taking the springs of helps, when one is full extended and one fully compressed on the same axle, the fully extended one's shaft deflects in the shock body. Running the upper shock mounts to the middle hole seems to have taken care of that for mine. Next week I'm replacing the stockers with G-Transition 90mm shocks in full droop... we'll see how that goes once I get them on.
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:38 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

25wt or 30wt. threaded integy 108mm shocks. limited the length, cut some turns out the front stocks springs- lcc greys in the back.
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote