Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: esc?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 11:42 PM   #1

Default esc?

Ok all i have read just bout all 27 pages lookin for what esc u all r running , was waiting on the M2 DIG but lookin like a no show. My ? is i see u guys using the mamba mirco,tekin b1r/tekin fxr, traxxas. Which is best to use on the cc. The tekin is the only one i read that says dual motors im very new and u all say this aint the place to go chesp or go wrong would like to order this weekend and for awhile ill not go lipos and kinda stay with the packs ive alrdy got .any help is needed
joker420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I like the Mamba micro because of it's size, the tuneability, and it's ability to handle dual brushed motors. Running on 3s LiPo's, it never gets too hot, and has low resistance, so it's very efficient. When I get back to the states and get cliffy put back together again, I'll add a Punk RC Dig unit, and it'll be about as perfect a setup as i can get for the way I like to drive her.
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I'm gonna put a couple sidewinder mircos and run sticks with rear steer on 3s in mine. But, depending on what battery and if ya want dig, about any crawler esc will run the two little CC motors,. I wouldn't worry much about running a single sidewinder micro, even on 3s. To be sure, the mamba mirco or fxr would be my pick with a rocker or punk dig. If ya don't care about lipo the regular outcry would be fine imho.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:40 PM   #4

Thanks for this input i have ordered the mamba micro and like the punk rc dig. This was a big help just needed to makin this purchase right.so far i feel im headed right and its thanks to everyones help and when my cc is complete i plan on another build
joker420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #5
I joined the Band!

i traded mine for a rc18t that will hit 50mph. well worth it
crawlinnTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:07 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Ahh... that's still slow... I have my E-Revo going well over 60mph and I think my E-Maxx will at the very least keep up with your rc18... but it's still a great break to crawl over rocks at a snails pace, as I think the 2 1/8 scales would create expensive rubbish piles trying to get over the rock pile.
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:19 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

my slash is doing about 60mph at the max . ON 2S LIPO!!!! but i burnt a motor already and im never using those prototype gears again..... mixing pitches is stupid...... but fast. i do 60 on 3s now....
JuziTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:29 PM   #8
I joined the Band!

im going 50 but i want a slash to. what esc, motor,rx and tx,and batt. are you using
crawlinnTN is offline   Reply With Quote