Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Traxxas 380 motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #1

Default Traxxas 380 motor

Has anyone tried using the 380 motor from a 1/16 traxxas summit? I know the shaft is the same size but was wondering if it was to much power for the diff's.
zzfj40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Traxxas 380 motor

seemed like a little too much speed for me and I shreded one of the inned plastic diff cups. I swapped back to stock motors and when those go, ill try the redcat 390's with 8t pinions. From what i understand you just have to move the links to the outside of the stock mounting position.

M.
maRRtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

The plastic cups suck regardless of motor choice. Swapping to the steel outdrives was a first step after steel gears when I swapped in the two grasshopper 380's ... I just ordered two redcat 70t's now as well.
The grasshopper motors I swapped in were good slow, and a rocket opened up even with 9T pinions. And the drag brake ... endo's were easy from mod throttle up, let go of the throttle AMD over she'd go. Things got a bit hot after a long run but still reasonable.
I'm hoping these redcats will give even more low speed control.

Look into getting the CVD's as well as the stock dogbones'll bend and twist if you upgrade the outdrives. Although, I'be thought about keeping the dogbones as they are easier to change. But I have yet to break anything since steel internals and outdrives.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:34 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfrog View Post
The plastic cups suck regardless of motor choice. Swapping to the steel outdrives was a first step after steel gears when I swapped in the two grasshopper 380's ... I just ordered two redcat 70t's now as well.
The grasshopper motors I swapped in were good slow, and a rocket opened up even with 9T pinions. And the drag brake ... endo's were easy from mod throttle up, let go of the throttle AMD over she'd go. Things got a bit hot after a long run but still reasonable.
I'm hoping these redcats will give even more low speed control.

Look into getting the CVD's as well as the stock dogbones'll bend and twist if you upgrade the outdrives. Although, I'be thought about keeping the dogbones as they are easier to change. But I have yet to break anything since steel internals and outdrives.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

What ESC are you running? I plan to pick up a rc4wd dig unit and a NEW esc with a drag break!

M.
maRRtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Rooster Crawler
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote