RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Duratrax Cliff Climber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/duratrax-cliff-climber/)
-   -   cliffy start to be vintage? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/duratrax-cliff-climber/256763-cliffy-start-vintage.html)

theclimber 06-27-2010 03:44 PM

cliffy start to be vintage?

i'm think that the cliff climber start to be vintage becouse I can't see it in duratrax site
can it be that duratrax stop make the cliff climber?
so if it does the price will be higher if i will sell my in 6 months or one year?

prophetz 06-27-2010 07:31 PM

Doubtfull. Vintage is when a good thing looses its way to something better, The CC lost its way because there was no nitch for it! It could be worth something down the road, but I doubt it!

2500hdon37s 06-29-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclimber (Post 2519016)
i'm think that the cliff climber start to be vintage becouse I can't see it in duratrax site
can it be that duratrax stop make the cliff climber?
so if it does the price will be higher if i will sell my in 6 months or one year?

Really won't be worth much because they where selling for less than $60 some places and they where just about worthless, not 2.2 comp worthy, moa isn't scale, and they where prone to breakage

theclimber 06-30-2010 09:43 AM

i'm going to get a venom creeper soon so what to do with my cliff climber?
to sell it?to make it better?stay it like now?
p.s. i have the stock wheels and tires and have better tires and wheels

2500hdon37s 07-01-2010 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theclimber (Post 2522683)
i'm going to get a venom creeper soon so what to do with my cliff climber?
to sell it?to make it better?stay it like now?
p.s. i have the stock wheels and tires and have better tires and wheels

I'd just keep it for something to play around with

freemachinist 07-05-2010 05:02 AM

The ONLY vintage R/C vehicles that are worth any money down the road are ones that were NEVER assembled. If the box is unopened, that is even better. Way back in 1985 I had a Tamiya Frog. It cost well over $400 to get and build. I can find them on Ebay in an unopened box and unassembled for around $250. Vintage R/C is not a money maker. The advancements in R/C from year to year make the vintage ones worth less and less.

Think about it, a speed control used to be a ceramic insulator.

73fordhighboy 07-12-2010 12:51 PM

i ran a cliffy for a while...put $oo much money in it. when i think of it that way, it hurts. but she got me into crawlin. thats priceless. i prolly have 5 tons in my backyard rockpile- and i dont compete at all. well w/ my drunk buddies on weekends.

she would destroy my slightly modded ax10 all day long(when i first got it). but after a long vacation up on friday harbor in washington state (Read- small island w/ inlaws) wheeling i dicovered, i was driving my ax10 like it was an moa. i guess i didnt realize the different technique that was used to drive the rigs. it was fun while it lasted...she got hacked up for other projects:cry: ax10"thumbsup"

i still run her old body on my ax10, that i - fer some reason still call it "duraturd"

vintage? i'd have to say...just remembered.

Bukwylde 07-18-2010 10:59 AM

:afro:If you look up vintage in the dictionary it means "representing the high quality of a past time". Maybe to a modern day 16yr old with the way computers and stuff go out of style' 6 months is "Vintage". However in reality it' just "not new anymore". In 1:1 cars there are rules. It takes 20 years for a car to be cosidered "classic". Obviously we are dealing with models so the same definitions would not apply but I think 5-10 years after production would qualify for "vintage staus but 6 monts?... :twisted:

etc1006 07-29-2010 10:42 PM

I'd also tend to lean towards no. I did consider getting one to get into crawling, but held off due to other reasins. If you really want to keep yours alive and kicking. Buy up parts and trucks as you see them.