Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: For my first crawler besides a nylint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default For my first crawler besides a nylint

is this a good crawler for my first i want to change it up and build it to be scale should i get this?
geekfreek95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekfreek95 View Post
is this a good crawler for my first i want to change it up and build it to be scale should i get this?

no, I had one a long time ago, they can't crawl for shit.
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

there's alot that can be done to a cc. a hole lot$! if it's your first...man. it sounds like what i did myself- get a cheap one to see if i like crawling.
well i did...spent alot of loot on that cliffy. loved it. i was so impressed with it went out got an ax10 to compare it to. "it will crawl with the best of them-seriously". if only till you break something. axles-easy to fab. metal gears not so ez. clodstall is a big issue with these little rigs. then you get the bane bots- then yer esc therms out. then you slap a fxr in there. wow. want more, wait whats that sound? oh no rear diff just exploded. damn it. buy metal ones, slap another fxr in there and some pullers while we are at it" break on me now you piece of sh t."----------- it did
well long story short. it's in a box some where round here. get a used ax10 fer like $250 on craigslist. save yourself the trouble.
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I would agree with 73fordhighboy they are o.k. trucks but just not a shafty.... and usually a motor on axle truck like that could be made a scaler but not very scale like being that way. An axail ax-10 or even a venom creeper would be a better start for your scaler.

Just my .02
n8big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #5

If you just want to see if you like crawling, then a cc would be ok, but the minute you said scale, I started thinking ax-10. Like n8big said, the moa axles arent very scale, and you can pick up a used ax-10 for cheap if you look around a little. My vote goes to an ax-10.
Tyler C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:13 PM   #6

my brother has a cc and i have driven it its ok but its nothing compared to my ax10.
nelso is offline   Reply With Quote