Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Duratrax Cliff Climber
Loading

Notices

Thread: CC Yota truggy

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
Rock Crawler
 
dkchance74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: in a small town
Posts: 572
Default CC Yota truggy

well got all this in trade so i decided to do something with it. i didnt take any pics of the CC when i got it, but it was just stock setup with HPI esc. it came with a L-trail chassis, so i figured i would just put it all together. i used stock links up front and some axial links i had laying around for the back. has the stock CC shocks. some 2.2 chrome wheels with cut swamp dawgs. the front has been pinched, so i need to cut the grill down to fit. anyway heres some pics.





dkchance74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: melbourne/palm bay
Posts: 203
Default

cool build!.....2 moa scalers now, haha!!!

I love the dovetail hood and fenders!

Hell, just noticed the tool box......Nice touch!
rybredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
Rock Crawler
 
dkchance74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: in a small town
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybredd View Post
cool build!.....2 moa scalers now, haha!!!

I love the dovetail hood and fenders!

Hell, just noticed the tool box......Nice touch!
thanks the only problem is i havent really heard anything good about CC axles, but since i got this all together in a trade deal, i figured i'd give it a try and see how it does.
dkchance74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Deltona Fl.
Posts: 173
Default

Cool build man. I have some old cc ales thats need a yota body!
cumminsontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:16 AM   #5
Nobody
 
Cordwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkchance74 View Post
thanks the only problem is i havent really heard anything good about CC axles, but since i got this all together in a trade deal, i figured i'd give it a try and see how it does.
Looks awesome man. I like it.

I'd try to keep it light so you can apply the minimal motor and battery power needed to make the clod stall tolerable, and keep the axles together. You can get metal gears, but they're expensive. Even then I think the axle shafts and stub shafts are weak, and I'm not sure if there are upgrades for those. There is a guy in England that sells the 2.3mm pinions in 9 and 10. Let me know if you need his info. If you need more power, I'd start with smaller pinions, then go to some banebot motors.
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 53
Default Re: CC Yota truggy

redcat racing has some 8t pinions that work great on my xt with stock 390 motors...

M.
maRRtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Duncan, BC, Canada
Posts: 750
Default Re: CC Yota truggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordwood View Post
Looks awesome man. I like it.

I'd try to keep it light so you can apply the minimal motor and battery power needed to make the clod stall tolerable, and keep the axles together. You can get metal gears, but they're expensive. Even then I think the axle shafts and stub shafts are weak, and I'm not sure if there are upgrades for those. There is a guy in England that sells the 2.3mm pinions in 9 and 10. Let me know if you need his info. If you need more power, I'd start with smaller pinions, then go to some banebot motors.
with stock motors the stock gear should hold up to low weight and stock sized tires. The plastic inner outdrives are the weak point.
If you toss in Banebots 390's or any upgraded 390 you'll start chewing gears and outdrives. Steel gears are available from Tower and ebay still and so are the steel outdrives (a must IMO).
The Gears are sintered but I've really only heard of them grenading when a HH puller and a 540 conversion were used.
The stock D-bones will twist if you try to power out of heavy binds but the CVD's are fairly stout and still available as well
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #8
Rock Crawler
 
dkchance74's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: in a small town
Posts: 572
Default Re: CC Yota truggy

this thing is long gone.
dkchance74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #9
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Duncan, BC, Canada
Posts: 750
Default Re: CC Yota truggy

haha, just noticed that ... thought it looked familiar (as in not a new build).
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #10
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: norcal
Posts: 29
Default Re: CC Yota truggy

that a sweet little yota
brookspage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ruston
Posts: 47
Default Re: CC Yota truggy

Looking good it's got some potential . Try and find the grill for it on rpp. The grill will help out the Toyota body look a bunch
Bigmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 341
Default Re: CC Yota truggy

Nice rig. Um, where can I get one now? I have a bad feeling that they've been discontinued. Am I right. I cant find them at Tower Hobbies and I know they stock Duratrax.
Any info would be great.
Thanks
TrilloThrillo110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 795
Default Re: CC Yota truggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrilloThrillo110 View Post
Nice rig. Um, where can I get one now? I have a bad feeling that they've been discontinued. Am I right. I cant find them at Tower Hobbies and I know they stock Duratrax.
Any info would be great.
Thanks


This is a complete custom rig?,? You won't find it in any store or site. He's running CC axles under an l-trail chassis with a custom cage and tamiya body. It looks like the only stock part is the axles themselves....

What exactly were you looking for the base cliff climber? If so yes it's discontinued...

--Dan

Last edited by sickcivic95; 09-10-2013 at 09:59 PM.
sickcivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com