Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > East Coast Championship

Notices

Thread: 2008 TCS Crawlers East Coast Championships

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 09:39 AM   #601
Quarry Creeper

Default first

well it looks like i am the first to cancel..
sorry folks i am not going to be able to make it sat due to health problems
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #602
RCC Addict

Angry

Im the second.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:07 AM   #603
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadge View Post
well it looks like i am the first to cancel..
sorry folks i am not going to be able to make it sat due to health problems
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
Im the second.

That sucks, guys.

gadge, you OK?
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:13 AM   #604
Pebble Pounder

This is gonna be my first comp and all this time limit stuff 8 gates 5 minutes, should I be worried?
RockMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:35 AM   #605
RCC Addict

Unless you were planning to win, you do not need to be worried.
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #606
Quarry Creeper

yea ..thanks for askin....side effects of coming off of steroids for something i didnt have to begin with...(misdiagnosed).... arrogant dr is gettin his a$$ sued..
anybody know a good lawyer ?
gadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:10 AM   #607
Pebble Pounder

Win?? Just being able to compete is plenty of satisfaction for me. Even placing would have to be pure beginners luck! Ah, who knows . . . . .
Old 04-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #608
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
I am here to tell you i just thought it would be a more peaceful event if there was a little more time to think about what you are doing.
You have plenty of time to think about what you want to do. Sit and watch everyone all afternoon, plan your courses out, then when you are ready step up and run the courses. Remember with this "801 format" you don't have to run until you are ready.

Quote:
Everybody also needs to realize i have a 8year old that is one hell of a driver and i hate to have him end up not giving a shit for this sport because of timing out all the damn time. Think about it for a minute all us old guys are not the future of this sport the younger crowd is.
We all understand that, but this is a National level comp with guys from all across the country showing up, the courses have to be hard, and the time limits have to be tight. At all the smaller local comps I have been to across the country guys don't mind helping the kids out, giving them a little more time, ect. However this is a national level comp with the best of the best. It's a great time for your son, you, and even me to sit back and watch some of the really top level drivers all together in one spot and learn from what they are doing.

The kid that sits there all day studying the top drivers and how they run the courses is the future of the competitive side of this sport as opposed to the kid thats off running around all day until his turn to run.;)

Quote:
To tell you all the truth i should have built Tyler a JR Dragster instead of a rockcrawler he would have had a better chance of competing and being competitive. They have one set of rules they don't change and the format is always the same so you know what to expect.
What rules changed? As far as I am aware this comp is being ran by the 2008 USRCCA rules? No format has changed as far as I am aware, time limits are different all across the country at a lot of different events. Remember EVERY national level comp in the last 2 years has ran 5 minute courses.

You also need to realize we won't be running the same courses you run in you clubs with 10 minute time limits. The courses will be smaller than some of the 16 gate monsters some of the clubs build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMonster View Post
This is gonna be my first comp and all this time limit stuff 8 gates 5 minutes, should I be worried?
Don't be worried at all.

For guys that are new to this don't get all excited and be first in line in the morning, sit back for a few minutes and watch some of the guys that have been doing this for a few years. You'll see how they manage their time, you'll see how they choose there lines, it'll also give it a few minutes to clear the butterfly's out of your stomach.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #609
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Jason I will certainly take all the advice I can get. I do look forward to meeting alot of you guys out there. I'm hoping for a really good time. Driving from Northern Va and all . . . so we'll see.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #610
I wanna be Dave

^^^^ (jasons)Best reply in the thread. If it was too simple where would the prestige of winning go.
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #611
RCC Addict

damn jason, well put

Hey Joe, dont worry about the time limits. it may seem very short but in reality it isnt that bad. There are only 8 gates and if you just watch a couple runs and plan it accordingly, you and Tyler should be just fine. Tell Tyler good luck and that he has a cheering section already
yukon635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #612
RCC Addict

JUST 1.5 DAYS TO GO

looking like the cold front is moving through faster than they thought it would,,so just scatterd showers tonight and tomorrow..and just cool and clouds for Saturday

Hope everybody has a safe trip in...If anybody needs any local help on directions or where things are @ just holler I will be glad to help...

Can't wait to meet everybody....

Stacey
sddill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:40 PM   #613
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
You have plenty of time to think about what you want to do. Sit and watch everyone all afternoon, plan your courses out, then when you are ready step up and run the courses. Remember with this "801 format" you don't have to run until you are ready.

We all understand that, but this is a National level comp with guys from all across the country showing up, the courses have to be hard, and the time limits have to be tight. At all the smaller local comps I have been to across the country guys don't mind helping the kids out, giving them a little more time, ect. However this is a national level comp with the best of the best. It's a great time for your son, you, and even me to sit back and watch some of the really top level drivers all together in one spot and learn from what they are doing.

The kid that sits there all day studying the top drivers and how they run the courses is the future of the competitive side of this sport as opposed to the kid thats off running around all day until his turn to run.;)

What rules changed? As far as I am aware this comp is being ran by the 2008 USRCCA rules? No format has changed as far as I am aware, time limits are different all across the country at a lot of different events. Remember EVERY national level comp in the last 2 years has ran 5 minute courses.

You also need to realize we won't be running the same courses you run in you clubs with 10 minute time limits. The courses will be smaller than some of the 16 gate monsters some of the clubs build.

Don't be worried at all.

For guys that are new to this don't get all excited and be first in line in the morning, sit back for a few minutes and watch some of the guys that have been doing this for a few years. You'll see how they manage their time, you'll see how they choose there lines, it'll also give it a few minutes to clear the butterfly's out of your stomach.

This is Mrs. Joesbruiser. It's funny how one little comment was blown WAY out of proportion. (look back a couple of pages.) He wasn't even thinking about the time thing anymore. What I want to know is what you're referring to with the "kid that runs around all day"? This is where you have a chance to prove to me how much sac, if any, you have. I'm not a beat-around-the-bush type of person. Because Tyler has an excellent attention span for his age. And don't worry about whether or not he can compete with you guys. As long as he is in the mood, he'll show you what a little guy can be capable of doing. I stayed out of it until I saw the comment that seems to be insinuating that Tyler doesn't pay attention. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that's how it sounds. What can I say? I'm a "Momma Bear."
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #614
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
This is Mrs. Joesbruiser. It's funny how one little comment was blown WAY out of proportion. (look back a couple of pages.) He wasn't even thinking about the time thing anymore. What I want to know is what you're referring to with the "kid that runs around all day"? This is where you have a chance to prove to me how much sac, if any, you have. I'm not a beat-around-the-bush type of person. Because Tyler has an excellent attention span for his age. And don't worry about whether or not he can compete with you guys. As long as he is in the mood, he'll show you what a little guy can be capable of doing. I stayed out of it until I saw the comment that seems to be insinuating that Tyler doesn't pay attention. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that's how it sounds. What can I say? I'm a "Momma Bear."
Mrs. Joesbruiser,

Don't read anything into that, I have never met your husband or your child, look at my location, I'm clear across the country. I didn't mean anything at all towards Tyler, and I have no doubt from all the stuff I have heard about him he will be giving me a run for my money on Saturday.

I was simply saying that I have been to a ton of comps and seen and helped a lot of kids. The kids paying attention to the old timers and learning from them are going to be the ones we all have to watch out for in a few years.

Your son sounds like one of those kids.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #615
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Mrs. Joesbruiser,

Don't read anything into that, I have never met your husband or your child, look at my location, I'm clear across the country. I didn't mean anything at all towards Tyler, and I have no doubt from all the stuff I have heard about him he will be giving me a run for my money on Saturday.

I was simply saying that I have been to a ton of comps and seen and helped a lot of kids. The kids paying attention to the old timers and learning from them are going to be the ones we all have to watch out for in a few years.

Your son sounds like one of those kids.

cool. Can't wait to meet ya.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #616
RCC Addict

i just picked up the rental car...

our trip begins now... its a pos kia but it did come equipped with the oh so necessary grip and rip ebrake.....
see ya at the cabins...
4stAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #617
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stAir View Post
i just picked up the rental car...

our trip begins now... its a pos kia but it did come equipped with the oh so necessary grip and rip ebrake.....
see ya at the cabins...
I reserved a charger, of course that's what I reserved last time and they gave me a grand marquis. Oh well, as long as it does burnouts I'll be happy. I have lots of pictures of burnouts in rental cars;)

Hey JIA post up the ones from DC in the church parkinglot;)
Old 04-10-2008, 05:51 PM   #618
Rock Crawler

Just a tease...

Shirts are here...

Shirts look gooood...

Sorry, you will have to wait until Saturday!

Fishy-dood, call a brotha when you get a chance I know you are busy!
dkingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #619
I wanna be Dave

Here's another tease...trophies anyone???
Attached Images

billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #620
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkingston View Post
Just a tease...

Shirts are here...

Shirts look gooood...

Sorry, you will have to wait until Saturday!

Fishy-dood, call a brotha when you get a chance I know you are busy!
SWEEEET . . . . one less shirt I have to pack . . . . .

2008 TCS Crawlers East Coast Championships - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2012 TCS Crawlers East Coast Championships Fishmaxx East Coast Championship 1226 01-09-2013 10:27 AM
2011 TCS Crawlers East Coast Championships Fishmaxx East Coast Championship 1791 05-12-2011 06:12 PM
2010 TCS Crawlers East Coast Championships Fishmaxx East Coast Championship 1712 10-11-2010 06:30 PM
2009 TCS Crawlers East Coast Championships: Championship crawling with Champions Fishmaxx East Coast Championship 1351 04-26-2009 04:36 PM