Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Motor suggestions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Motor suggestions?

I looking for a motor with hopefully a little more torque and wheelspeed than my 55T v10 integy. The cobalt puller is a dream but it's just a little too long. I have been considering the 35T warrior as well.
Can anyone suggest any other motors to look at? I like the wheel speed the warrior offers but still don't understand the dyno #s, so I'm keeping my eyes open. Thoughts?

Last edited by solomon7; 01-17-2008 at 02:48 PM.
solomon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

This link might help:

is there much need for a better motor?
Flatcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thanks for that. I'm still at a crossroads. Soooo many different motors out there! If anyone out there has any recommendations of a motor they have used that my be as strong as my V10 but with a little more wheel speed I'd appreciate it.
Still searching... reading as much as I can! Limited computer time though
Old 01-17-2008, 11:43 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

If you want a Good Motor and some nice Wheel Speed. Try the 45t CrawlMax. It won't be has fast as the 35t, but it will produce better results then a V10 and would provide more wheelspeed, just b/c of the lower turn. It can even come in a 40t if need be.

http://www.jpcustomrcs.com/catalog/i...86/4930668.htm

The Crawlmax is my Favorite Brushed motor so far. The Warrior is nice for some wheelspeed, but the Higher Turned Crawlmax just has more punch and Balls to me. But it also $20 bucks more.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:04 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I'm diggin' my 35t warrior. I'm fairly new to crawling, so I haven't used much else but it seems to be a great compromise between torque and wheelspeed, and I like wheelspeed. I haven't run a cobalt motor yet though, I'll probably put one in my scaler. Has anyone here run both a 35t warrior and a cobalt puller? I haven't heard any real comparisons yet. I wonder how they stack up.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:41 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
If you want a Good Motor and some nice Wheel Speed. Try the 45t CrawlMax. It won't be has fast as the 35t, but it will produce better results then a V10 and would provide more wheelspeed, just b/c of the lower turn. It can even come in a 40t if need be.

http://www.jpcustomrcs.com/catalog/i...86/4930668.htm

The Crawlmax is my Favorite Brushed motor so far. The Warrior is nice for some wheelspeed, but the Higher Turned Crawlmax just has more punch and Balls to me. But it also $20 bucks more.
That's funny I was just looking at that wondering if it'll work! So it has more torque than the V10? V11 too? IF yes, it's the one.Not familiar with checkpoint cans though. Whats the dif between the 45s checkpoint can and the 35s Ti can?

Last edited by solomon7; 01-18-2008 at 01:25 PM.