Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle Link on a Mac using Boot Camp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 01:46 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

All is good now:-P:-P:-P:-P. I had to up grade my Paralles to 3.0 to get it all working, but now everything works great. Thanks for your help.

The Gooch
El Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2008, 12:41 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

I've been trying to find a "field solution" for programming. So far, I wasted pretty much a whole day with a little Toshiba Libretto 110CT I have (failed), and trying to force my PowerBook 12" to recognize the Link under Virtual PC (also failed). I'm pretty much at the point of selling my 110CT on eBay and getting an Asus EEEPC. I had hoped that the new Mac laptop would be a smaller form factor than it turned out to be (wanted smaller screen), or I would've gone that route. Kinda wanted to stick to using a Mac for this, but what can you do? The fact that the Castle Link needs .NET kinda limits things for Mac users.
Hodaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodaka View Post
I've been trying to find a "field solution" for programming. So far, I wasted pretty much a whole day with a little Toshiba Libretto 110CT I have (failed), and trying to force my PowerBook 12" to recognize the Link under Virtual PC (also failed). I'm pretty much at the point of selling my 110CT on eBay and getting an Asus EEEPC. I had hoped that the new Mac laptop would be a smaller form factor than it turned out to be (wanted smaller screen), or I would've gone that route. Kinda wanted to stick to using a Mac for this, but what can you do? The fact that the Castle Link needs .NET kinda limits things for Mac users.
If you install Parallels on your mac it will work fine. Providing you have an intel based mac.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

virual PC sucks.. never works..

you will need parallels but if you have old powerbook on G4 then you are pretty much out of luck...

I used to have virtual pc and it's is piece of junk... all my stuff work with my caste link under parallel...... mamaba max, mabmax25, CASTE BEC. all works
jmizoguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizoguchi View Post

you will need parallels but if you have old powerbook on G4 then you are pretty much out of luck...

I used to have virtual pc and it's is piece of junk... all my stuff work with my caste link under parallel...... mamaba max, mabmax25, CASTE BEC. all works

X2!!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:42 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Windows stops loading mid way through every time I try to install it. Any suggestions? I'm using parallels and xp.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigels_world View Post
Windows stops loading mid way through every time I try to install it. Any suggestions? I'm using parallels and xp.
as meaning of installing castle link software?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
as meaning of installing castle link software?
No, installing the evil windows.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:06 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No, installing the evil windows.
I never had any hang up at at all.

are you using old Parallel on new leopard ? XP, burn CD or original
Old 02-20-2008, 10:18 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

That will make a difference if you are trying to load a 2.0 version on the new Leopard OS. You need to get the upgrade 3.0 version.

The Gooch
Old 02-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #31
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gooch View Post
If you install Parallels on your mac it will work fine. Providing you have an intel based mac.
Quote:

That was kind of my point. I am a Mac technician, so I was kind of pointing out the fact that it won't work. I kinda "took one for the team", wasting hours to see if there was a way to force it. My PBG4 12" is all I need for most portable situations - but no Castle Link love.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #32
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I personally DON'T recommend doing it just through Parallels. I recommend using Boot Camp to install Windows, then telling Parallels to use the Boot Camp install. If you've never installed XP, and you have a lot of data on the OS X side already, caution should be taken during the Boot Camp XP setup, though. I've had a few done by novices that caused major issues. (delete OS X partition, anyone?)
Old 02-20-2008, 05:46 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gooch View Post
That will make a difference if you are trying to load a 2.0 version on the new Leopard OS. You need to get the upgrade 3.0 version.

The Gooch
Parallels Desktop 3.0 Build 5584.0 with OS 10.4.11 And I tried Installing from an original cd and from an ISO
image.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodaka View Post
I personally DON'T recommend doing it just through Parallels. I recommend using Boot Camp to install Windows, then telling Parallels to use the Boot Camp install. If you've never installed XP, and you have a lot of data on the OS X side already, caution should be taken during the Boot Camp XP setup, though. I've had a few done by novices that caused major issues. (delete OS X partition, anyone?)
I can't get Boot Camp for Tiger since the beta ended can I?

Last edited by Calderwood; 02-20-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #34

I´m using a boot camp installed xp through vmware fusion, and it works like a charm!

But when will CC come out with a OSX version of the software, I could really use the gigs I have reserved for XP.... ?
bluebeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeetle View Post
I´m using a boot camp installed xp through vmware fusion, and it works like a charm!

But when will CC come out with a OSX version of the software, I could really use the gigs I have reserved for XP.... ?
my guess is ask CC directly..
Old 06-30-2008, 11:40 AM   #36
Rock Stacker

Unfortunately, probably never. We only have 3 engineers...hard enough to come out with new products and update software for what we have now. ;)
Joe Ford is offline   Reply With Quote