Rock Stacker

got mine up and runnin in my axial..works GREAT
severed701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis
Where can these be found right now
I ended up ordering mine from horizonhobby.com because I had leftover credit there... They have them in stock but want a little more than everyone else. I think stormerhobbies has them in stock right now too. They seem to be quite popular, they are sold out on a number of sites.
ky_18b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:58 PM   #44
Keep it real

Thanks, and that's what I wanted to hear, Horizon is a great place to buy from
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 01:17 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

I think the Crawler Store will have them soon as well as Tekin direct

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:49 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Great review. You talked me into it!

Tower has listings for a FX-R 55T Crawler Combo for $153 and 55T Pro Crawler Combofor $194. Wonder whats going on with those two...
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:54 PM   #47
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaetwo View Post
I think the Crawler Store will have them soon as well as Tekin direct

Sweetness!!

Are you running off of the BEC in the FX-R, or using a voltage reg?
I run 10 cell packs(2/3A), and thinking if I pull the red wire in the FX-R and run off of the CCBEC, I can get away with it and not blow it up with that much voltage.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:01 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Great review. You talked me into it!

Tower has listings for a FX-R 55T Crawler Combo for $153 and 55T Pro Crawler Combofor $194. Wonder whats going on with those two...
No kidding? I knew that they where going to offer a crawling kit but didn't think it would be out so soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Sweetness!!

Are you running off of the BEC in the FX-R, or using a voltage reg?
I run 10 cell packs(2/3A), and thinking if I pull the red wire in the FX-R and run off of the CCBEC, I can get away with it and not blow it up with that much voltage.
I use a 3 cell Lipo running off the FX-R BEC and it works great. However some are using the CCBEC and love it. I am going to get with Holmes Hobbies and get several CCBEC's just to run a little more voltage (5 volts) to the servos.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:06 PM   #49
Moderator Rule Breaker

Anyone else running a 10t puller motor ? I'm thinking this combo would be awesome, just wanted to make sure that the fx-r could handle the puller with 3 cell lipo.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:07 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
Anyone else running a 10t puller motor ? I'm thinking this combo would be awesome, just wanted to make sure that the fx-r could handle the puller with 3 cell lipo.
PM Just Zach and see if he has had any trouble. I think that is the combo that he runs

Old 03-30-2008, 10:24 PM   #51
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
PM Just Zach and see if he has had any trouble. I think that is the combo that he runs

Hopefully he'll see this this would be good benefit for everyone.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

i got my FXR in a few days ago from stormer, along with a new SR3500. wired it up, and progrmed it with the buttons, everything went smooth.

started trying to use it and my servo went crazy, move the reciever away from the tekin and it still acted up. And also no low speed control on the 10t cobalt puller.

put a cc bec on and the steering seemed to work fine but the motor went crazy, jerking back and forth!

talked with Ty at tekin and he told me to send it back, and he would send me another new one. So i sent it to him on thursday. I hope it gets straightened out, i really want to run the tiny little thingy
cspyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:26 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

I'm getting tired of rolling down hills and not being able to control my speed. I need some speed to keep from going end over end but don't want too much. Does the drag brake work to keep the speed down while you give it the forward throttle or do you have to "reverse" to sort of fight the inertia? How does this work when you also need to reverse?

I am not seeing the difference between the FX-R and FX-R Pro either except turn limits on the ESC?
Jaynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:43 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynen View Post
I'm getting tired of rolling down hills and not being able to control my speed. I need some speed to keep from going end over end but don't want too much. Does the drag brake work to keep the speed down while you give it the forward throttle or do you have to "reverse" to sort of fight the inertia? How does this work when you also need to reverse?

I am not seeing the difference between the FX-R and FX-R Pro either except turn limits on the ESC?
The drag brake allows you to roll down a hill at a pre-set speed based on your trucks weight and incline. For example I have my setting on 3 (my rig is pretty light) and it just slowly rolls downhill for me. It's very controllable and is super easy to setup.

The reverse feature is broken down into 3 settings. No reverse, reverse with a delay and instant reverse. I have mine set to instant reverse and then I dial back the power of that reverse with my endpoint. That way it doesn't hit me with full throttle when I go into reverse. It works really well for me.

As far as the difference between the FX-R and FX-R Pro....The no motor limit is nice, the internal resistance is better and the max current is double. Not a huge difference but there are a few nice features there. I want to try one just to compare. Is it smoother? Does it deliver more forward current? Looks like I need to try it out

Old 03-30-2008, 11:44 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspyy View Post
i got my FXR in a few days ago from stormer, along with a new SR3500. wired it up, and progrmed it with the buttons, everything went smooth.

started trying to use it and my servo went crazy, move the reciever away from the tekin and it still acted up. And also no low speed control on the 10t cobalt puller.

put a cc bec on and the steering seemed to work fine but the motor went crazy, jerking back and forth!

talked with Ty at tekin and he told me to send it back, and he would send me another new one. So i sent it to him on thursday. I hope it gets straightened out, i really want to run the tiny little thingy
Thats what I dig about Tekin....Great customer service

Old 03-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The drag brake allows you to roll down a hill at a pre-set speed based on your trucks weight and incline. For example I have my setting on 3 (my rig is pretty light) and it just slowly rolls downhill for me. It's very controllable and is super easy to setup.

The reverse feature is broken down into 3 settings. No reverse, reverse with a delay and instant reverse. I have mine set to instant reverse and then I dial back the power of that reverse with my endpoint. That way it doesn't hit me with full throttle when I go into reverse. It works really well for me.

As far as the difference between the FX-R and FX-R Pro....The no motor limit is nice, the internal resistance is better and the max current is double. Not a huge difference but there are a few nice features there. I want to try one just to compare. Is it smoother? Does it deliver more forward current? Looks like I need to try it out

So how do you initiate the drag brake?
Old 03-31-2008, 12:07 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

It's automatic.

The ESC will see that the motor is running under no power (My guess is that it may have something to do with the current that the motor generates as a result of the crawler rolling downhill) The ESC then provide resistance to this, thereby giving you drag brake.

I better stick with "It's automatic"

Old 03-31-2008, 12:09 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

Nice thats exactly what I need, and the reverse thing sounds nice too. I hate the way my current one sometimes doesn't go right away and its hard to get a nice smooth throttle roll on in reverse.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:24 AM   #59
I wanna be Dave

You'll dig the setup. I hate the reverse delay myself so I have it set to instant. However it's a good way to flip your rig when heading downhill, so play with the endpoint adjustment on your radio to dial it back a bit. Then it's butter smooth

Old 04-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Can you set up brake drag with out programmer? Do most people like it better than the novak crawler? Im getting away from my brushless, and need to something that will like the crawlmaster im 'bout to order
norcallump is offline   Reply With Quote