Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Kaetwo's Tekin FX-R Review...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #741
I wanna be Dave

i couldnt get my drage brake to work because i had my throttle trim up a lil bit on my DX3R

cranked that down, adusted for a very snug mesh w/ the pinion and spur and it stick solid
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #742
Pebble Pounder

If you can get it to talk to the hotwire please see what version of software it has in it. There is an imcompatability issue with version 029 software and hotwires that only offer up to version 028 for update and it did cause units to appear dead with the leds lit dimly.

If you have the improved low speed it should be version 029 in the FxR. If your hotwire only offers 028 you need a newer version that offers 029 for software updates.

Might just be broke and need to come home, but lets check this first.

Tekin Prez
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #743
Rock Crawler

The fxr was programed for the low speed take off and nutral width by the person I bought it from,The only down load I have for my hot wire is from the disk that came with it a year ago,I dont have the know how to do the newer down loads with XP.I know that the disk version has to be completely removed before the new ones can be down loaded.
ratterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #744
Pebble Pounder

Simply uninstall the current version via "control panel" in your XP. Then go to our website and download the current 198 software: www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html
Randy P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #745

Randy, any news on a 64bit compatable version of Hotwire yet?
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #746
Rock Crawler

Ive tried to down load that about a dozen times it gets to the point of installing the drivers and hooking up the hotwire it starts asking for thing that I have know idea what thay want me to do next
Old 10-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #747
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratterd View Post
Ive tried to down load that about a dozen times it gets to the point of installing the drivers and hooking up the hotwire it starts asking for thing that I have know idea what thay want me to do next
Okay, I'm not trying to bag on anyone but I have no idea what you just typed.

Can you list out exactly what it is your having an issue with? What OS are you using? Does the download complete successfully? Any errors? The "thing" that you are in question about, does it state anything?

Please be as specific as possible and we'll do our best to get you taken care of

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #748
Keep it real

I'm the guy ratterd bought the FXR from. All I did was open the package to install the newest update on it that I downloaded from the website, and program the settings in it, just like I did to the one in my car(it was going to be my backup)I did both of them one right after the other. My other FXR works perfectly fine.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #749
I wanna be Dave

i didnt see any mention of it, but on your radio... (what radio is it?)

have you messed with , or adjusted your throttle expo?
BEELZEBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #750
Rock Crawler

Thank you Tanis thats all I wanted to know,Ill send it home to tekin to see what I did to it

Thanks
Old 10-22-2009, 04:24 AM   #751
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
About the only thing that I adjust on mine is the drag brake. Its at 50% now but this is where everything else is.

This is awesome... does anyone else have any updated settings for the FXR-Pro they want to share with the class?

These examples make it really easy on us new comers to the FXR/FXR-Pro ring to find a starting point that is a known good configuration. And the screen shots are probably much easier than hand jamming it. (But if you just wanted to type out the settings I am sure no one would complain! )

Last edited by oSPANNERo; 10-22-2009 at 05:13 AM.
oSPANNERo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #752
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSPANNERo View Post
This is awesome... does anyone else have any updated settings for the FXR-Pro they want to share with the class?

These examples make it really easy on us new comers to the FXR/FXR-Pro ring to find a starting point that is a known good configuration. And the screen shots are probably much easier than hand jamming it. (But if you just wanted to type out the settings I am sure no one would complain! )
I am at work right now but I will try to get an updated screen shot when I get home (about 4 am).
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:53 AM   #753
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSPANNERo View Post
does anyone else have any updated settings for the FXR-Pro they want to share with the class?

Last edited by Rockcrawler; 10-23-2009 at 04:56 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:57 AM   #754
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post

Hot-t-t-t... Thanks man!

Anyone *else* want to share?
oSPANNERo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #755

Very nice and helpfull !!!!!

Steam
SteamMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #756
Pebble Pounder

Default How long does Tekin take to answer e-mails?

I see Tekin here a lot. I e-mailed Tekin through their site 11 days ago about potential problems with my FX-R under warranty have not recieved an answer besides the automated response about taking 48 hours.... Is this typical of Tekin? I'd love to get help with my FX-R.
rj_dio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:13 PM   #757
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_dio View Post
I see Tekin here a lot. I e-mailed Tekin through their site 11 days ago about potential problems with my FX-R under warranty have not recieved an answer besides the automated response about taking 48 hours.... Is this typical of Tekin? I'd love to get help with my FX-R.

Not sure what the deal is with that. Randy can probably get you taken care of.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/members/randy-p-18564.htm
Old 10-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #758
Pebble Pounder

Please email me here with what's going on with your FXR: Rpike@teamtekin.com
Randy P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #759
Pebble Pounder

Replied. Thanks!
rj_dio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:01 AM   #760
Quarry Creeper

Default FXR help

Hello folks-
I'm troubleshooting a rig for my buddy. I have the issues isolated to the ESC. It is a Tekin FXR

It is setup with a 3 cell lipo (battery works great -- tested it on another 3 cell rig), a TQ3 with the mini 4 channel receiver, dig setup with a spectrum servo, and the Traxxas 2075 waterproof servo for steering.

What it does:

Turn it on, it beeps and works great-- no glitch and proper steering/throttle response for about 30 seconds. Then it will literally freeze (while crawling/ driving over stuff). The steering servo locks (moves very slowly, if at all--as if there is 2V going to it) & the throttle is unresponsive & the lights on the ESC go out.

If I pick up the front end, and allow the servo to neutral, everything comes back on-line. IT will work fine until the servo experiences some sort of resistance (if I drive it on a flat, open area it steers fine, until I bump into something). Sooner or later, it will start 'locking up' the throttle & steering at will. The only way to 'free-it-up' is to pick up the front & 'unload' the steering servo.

It does this exact thing with any receiver (tried 2 others) and any servo (tried 2 others), and another TQ3. I did combine the test receivers, radio, & servos.

If I lay the rig on it's roof, the ESC works fine as does the steering & dig.

The lights in the FXR-- 1, 2, 3, &5 blink, 4 stays sold, and 6 is out. I can't find any 'code' for this in the manual. It blinks like this even when the rig is on it's lid & responding perfectly.

Once this malfunction starts (after the initial 30 seconds), the ESC is warm to the touch-- warmer than my Roster Crawler is after 30 minutes of running.

I've fitted the rig with a Rooster Crawler (w a 2C lipo) & a Sidewinder (w the 3 Cell Lipo)- both work perfectly.

As far as I can figure, the ESC is tweaked. Anyone disagree, please!

Randy -- I'm emailing you too!

`

Last edited by Jeep-Power; 10-27-2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: spelling/clarification
Jeep-Power is offline   Reply With Quote