Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Pullers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Pullers

Ok so I have msg'd HH about their puller motors and have not got a reply? I herd the customer serviace is great but it's been a few days now. My question for them was.... I love to go slow and really crawl... I have a MM esc and have tried a integy 65t lathe and an integy 80t V10. I have 12/93 on my ax-10 and it's good but I would love to go a little slower and have some more torque down low? Any ideas? I tried the 96 spur but it rubs BAD and the 93 does but just barely. So now I need to figure out wut motor to run as my gear is almost maxed out. The 80t is closer to what I want but even with 8 cells the wheel speed just isn't there. I have herd and read lot about the pullers and was wondering for those who run them if it'lll have more torque down low and more wheel speed? I know that's asking alot but I only want a tiny bit more wheel speed and alot more torque. My 65 has MORE then enough wheel speed but not enough torque? Any motor you guys recomend?
Thanx in advance!
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
Official Cook of the ECC

Pullers will have plenty of power and tons of wheelspeed.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
Nope..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeDreams View Post
Ok so I have msg'd HH about their puller motors and have not got a reply? I herd the customer serviace is great but it's been a few days now.
Through the site or through here? His PM's are turned off here.
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:16 PM   #4
RCC Addict

through his site! I know the pullers will have tons of power but is it SLOW? the slower the motor will turn the better and is the torque way down low?
Old 03-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #5

Default consider a reduction unit

check these out:

http://rc4wdstore.com/index.php?cPath=61

i am thinking about getting a reduction unit for my ax-10. right now i am using a the novak goat system and its got plenty of torque with stock gearing, but i want to slow it down. i think this might do the trick, as well as give me tons more options for fine-tuning my gearing
RickHahn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

http://rc4wdstore.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=759
resetpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Ya thought about a gr but they are fairly noisy and I like my truck not sounding like a blender lol... A guy around here has a different one and I'm worried If that one sounds anything like his it'll be horid! I have seen the goat go but it's to gittery at EXTREMLY slow motor speeds! But TONS of power!
Old 03-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ya thought about a gr but they are fairly noisy and I like my truck not sounding like a blender lol... A guy around here has a different one and I'm worried If that one sounds anything like his it'll be horid! I have seen the goat go but it's to gittery at EXTREMLY slow motor speeds! But TONS of power!
Which GR unit are you referring to? I had a GD600 in the super and the club prez has the RC4WD GR unit. Neither is really that noisy, I would suspect that he has his gear mesh set to tight.

As far as a motor, the pullers offer a ton of torque and wheel speed with plenty of magnet strength to take full advantage of the MM's dragbrake. I have 7T withe a Super Rooster in my 2.2 and a 10T with MM in my super. Love them, and they allowed me to remove the GD600 from the super as long as I run it on 3s lipo power as the super is a pig.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I don't know wut GR he has but it's horid lol... Good to know not all are.
Awesome you for going nice and slow should I get the 10t? I run 8 cells but may go to 10 or 3C lipo! Wut do you guys think? Is holmes anywhere to be found I'd like some info from him to see what his take on it!
Old 03-12-2008, 07:52 PM   #10
Keep it real

You would not believe the amount of emails he gets everyday, besides putting orders together and shipping them, besides being a fulltime student as well
Go with the 10t cobalt, it will creep with the best of them, the torque is out of this world and give you lots of wheelspeed, similar to a 27t motor.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:11 PM   #11
RCC Addict

So the 10t will turn slower then the 5t right? I'm not talking on the top end I'm talking from initial start up!

Ya I just took a look at the holmes section on the forum and realized all his stuff came in so he's really busy but that's why everyone else is here... to help when he can't.... I thank you all so much for the info
Old 03-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #12
Keep it real

Yes, the 10t will be slower at startup, just like a 65t is slower at startup than a 55t
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #13
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Sorry about the no response thing, I really have been piled up with work the past week or so.

The 10t is a great go slow- go fast motor. Otherwise the 7t is a good balance too, especially for lower voltages. If your 65t doesn't have power you should probably increase the voltage. Try 12 cells on it.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Ah the man lol thanks for stopping buy.... I was just about to post in your vendor area but thought I'd check here for one more reply.... SO with the ultimate in slow crawling, torque way down low, and decent wheel speed... with a MM and X amount of cells wut would you use? I trust your opinion and will do it... if it means buying a motor and more cells I will. I have the cash ready. Thanx a ton I really appreciate it! Sorry for interupting your production line... You may just have one more to add... depends wut you have to say! Thanx again
Old 03-12-2008, 09:57 PM   #15
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

For a 2.2, I would use a MM and 7t puller with 6-12 cells depending on my mood (or 2-3 cell lipo). If you are looking for more of a comp rig setup the 5t is my choice. The 10t is nice for heavier rigs and really high voltage with no heat, but the 7t is turning into my favorite for widest 2.2 voltage range without being too slow on 6 cells.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #16
RCC Addict

so a 10t is too slow? I'm looking for a motor right now just for a truck i like to crawl try new desings and setups... But i will be looking for both and unlimited comp motor and a 2.2 comp! I have some 3c lipos already but those are more for the unlimited. the 2.2 I will buy wut ever it takes to have an edge.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #17
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Ah the man lol thanks for stopping buy.... I was just about to post in your vendor area but thought I'd check here for one more reply.... SO with the ultimate in slow crawling, torque way down low, and decent wheel speed... with a MM and X amount of cells wut would you use? I trust your opinion and will do it... if it means buying a motor and more cells I will. I have the cash ready. Thanx a ton I really appreciate it! Sorry for interupting your production line... You may just have one more to add... depends wut you have to say! Thanx again

What's the weight of your rig?

The Cobalts are a tad longer that your 65t,can you squeeze one in there.

My 14r is a touch over 6 pounds ready to run and I run a 10t in it. My final ratio is 37:1,on a 3 cell lipo,it's VERY fun. It's got enough low end to creep with the best of the low geared rigs running stupid slow motors. On the other end,it's got enough speed to light'em up good. The speed can be had quick enough to jump up ledges if needed. If you want to creep,just ease in the throttle. If you wanna burn'em off,stab it and let'em eat.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #18
RCC Addict

I'm really torn now wut to get..... I'd like to get something that can do a little of everything... I love to crawl SLOW and rarely need much wheel speed around here. The comps around here are nothing major but I'd still like to have something that if I get adventurous I can take a trip and go compete! Finding a motor to do both unlimited and 2.2 good is impossible so for now I will focus on my 2.2..... Maybe the 7t would be the best. stilll a ton of crawl but has that edge to just snapp the throttle for some stump pulling power!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #19
TEAM MODERATOR

IMHO,you can't go wrong with either one. They both can creep with the best of them.....and then some. These are,without a doubt,IMHO thee smoothest motors on the market and have the absolute best of both worlds. You will not get close to these in performance from any lathe motor on the market...period.

From my experience,if you plan to keep the weight under 8 pounds,either will work great. If your gonna get heavier than that,I'd probably recommend the 10t myself. The lower turn motor in a heavier rig will pull it but you'll see higher temps.

Last edited by Reflection; 03-12-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #20
RCC Addict

OK 10t turn it is then.... That way if I don't like the speed in my 2.2 I can volt up and if it still doesn't do what I want I can throw it in my unlimited or take some gear out. THANX a ton for all the advice... I will be contacting you tomorrow to order a 10t... Have a great night boys and I really appreciate all the speedy replies.