Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: anyone having problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #21
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickie691986 View Post
im running 8 cells and i think its shorting out the mamba 25 because it will work for those couple of seconds but once it gets hot nothing. so dose anybody think if I get a mamba max that this will fix the problem?

Running 8 cells has nothing to do with any kind of shorting out. I have run more voltage than that through one.
Now, if you were running 8 cells through it while you were running a strong servo, with no ext bec, then you may have wounded the Mamba25.
I would try another esc first since you say this one gets hot even w/o the ext bec. I bet you will find that is the Mamba that is bad.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2008, 09:23 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
I hope this is not the ESC you are trying to sell in the classified section.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110805

it was but now that im pretty sure that its bad Im not going to sell it. this really sucks time for a mamba max. thanks guys. but would a bad esc cause the burning up of a cc bec?
Dickie691986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #23
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickie691986 View Post
it was but now that im pretty sure that its bad Im not going to sell it. this really sucks time for a mamba max. thanks guys. but would a bad esc cause the burning up of a cc bec?
Yes.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:26 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Are you trying to run brushed or brushless? I nuked my 25 hooked up and programed for brushed....
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:54 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
Are you trying to run brushed or brushless? I nuked my 25 hooked up and programed for brushed....
brushless and thats what its programed for
Old 03-19-2008, 12:34 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

I had a similar problem with my mamba 25 and the CC BEC. Both quit all of a sudden I'm not sure if it was the speed control that took out the BEC, or the BEC took out the speed control. The red wire was disconnected from the receiver from the ESC. Neither of them worked after resetting them, my LHS took back the BEC, but I'll have to send in the mamba for repairs.
jdmstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:28 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

In this picture here you still have the red wire conected to the reciever. Did you power things up this way and that is what caused it?

Also have you tried a different reciever. If something is wrong with the reciever it could be messing things up also. Just another avenue to try before throwing out a speed control.
tqcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqcookie View Post
In this picture here you still have the red wire conected to the reciever. Did you power things up this way and that is what caused it?

Also have you tried a different receiver. If something is wrong with the receiver it could be messing things up also. Just another avenue to try before throwing out a speed control.
that pic. was before I disconnected the red wire.

castles wants me to send them my bec and esc so they can figure out the problem and their paying for everything so ill just let them do it
Old 03-31-2008, 01:47 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

So have they figured out youre problem?

I have smoked 2 of the cc bec'c now.

round 2 was deferant servo's differant radio and reciver extra care on insulating wireing differant motor and it still went up in smoke on coarde 3 of the comp.That means it only operated for 10 minutes [2 stages] almost got to gate 2 on stage 3 and started glitching and poof nothing.

took repair penalaties and removed bec and hooked up red wire on esc pluged in and finished stage3 without issues.

I have had 2 differant very experianced guys go through my rig and they say "its all good looks to be a nice install and wireing" but ive smoked 2 of them.In my opinion p.o.s. bec.
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:58 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmike View Post
So have they figured out youre problem?

I have smoked 2 of the cc bec'c now.

round 2 was deferant servo's differant radio and reciver extra care on insulating wireing differant motor and it still went up in smoke on coarde 3 of the comp.That means it only operated for 10 minutes [2 stages] almost got to gate 2 on stage 3 and started glitching and poof nothing.

took repair penalaties and removed bec and hooked up red wire on esc pluged in and finished stage3 without issues.

I have had 2 differant very experianced guys go through my rig and they say "its all good looks to be a nice install and wireing" but ive smoked 2 of them.In my opinion p.o.s. bec.
nothing yet. their out of stock on the becs so I told them to go ahead and send me a return envelope so I can mail them my third bec and my esc. ill post as sonn as I here something.

my bec on my super class works great. so Im thinking its time to upgrade to a mamba max on my 2.2. but ill wait and see what castles says.