Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Crawlmaster ?'s

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Crawlmaster ?'s

I have done a couple searches and I was wondering if you guys could post some current info for me. I like what i have read and I am a big fan Brushless technology. The fact that this motor never seems to be in stock an where also says something too. So, here it goes...

How many of you are currently using the Crawlmaster motor on your rigs? How do you like them? What ESC and batt combos are you running?

Has anyone noticed a difference between the regular and sport versions? I will be using the stock AX10 tranny for a little while, what pinion do you recommend?

Thanks for any input you guys might have.

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #2

i have been runing the Crawlmaster sport for a whinle now in an r2d and love it. it has gobs and gobs of power enough to kill the stock wk trans 3 time lol.
81chevystep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:28 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
I have done a couple searches and I was wondering if you guys could post some current info for me. I like what i have read and I am a big fan Brushless technology. The fact that this motor never seems to be in stock an where also says something too. So, here it goes...

How many of you are currently using the Crawlmaster motor on your rigs? How do you like them? What ESC and batt combos are you running?

Has anyone noticed a difference between the regular and sport versions? I will be using the stock AX10 tranny for a little while, what pinion do you recommend?

Thanks for any input you guys might have.

Lou
im running the crawlmaster with a sidewinder esc and 8 cell nimh. Through a axial trans (16t pinion) and i love it. Plenty of wheel speed, tons of tq. all in all an awsome motor. I beleive RPP has the motor in stock.
nj05nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:40 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I run the crawlmaster 3014 on my axial and 2 on my super class both with mamba esc's and the axial I use the elite 1500 8 cell split pack and I love the way these motors run.
Dickie691986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 06:45 PM   #5

I'm running a crawlmaster sport with a mamba max and an tired old 6 cell nimh in my PTI. I have tried several other motor/esc combos and this one out performs them all.
prp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:08 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

So does anyone know who has them in stock? I have looked all over and I can't seem to find one.

Lou
Old 03-28-2008, 11:48 PM   #7
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I have another batch being made, I expect at least 3 more weeks for them. I did just get some Revolver Black motors in stock, they have slightly less power but are a bit lighter and easier to gear.

I have run the Crawlmaster in about every setup I could think of. My personal favorite is with an r2 tranny, 8t pinion, and 3s lipo. The Crawlmaster 850kv takes 4s lipo very well too. The Crawlmaster Sport runs just about the same as the regular version, just a bit warmer.

Other combos:
10 cell saddle packs, stock ax-10 gearing (13/87 i think)
8 cell saddle packs, stock ax-10 gearing and 17t

Although I don't run brushless in my comp rigs any more they have certainly done some duty in mine. I like to use the crawlmaster in a scale rig, especially one with a multi speed tranny. They actualy tow pretty well too.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:57 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Default Strait from the horses mouth!

Good to hear brother, thanks for the info. I am planning on running an 8 cell saddle, a CC Sidewinder or Mamba Max, and the stock AX-10 tranny. I do plan to compete with this set-up but will also be doing a lot of screwing around at the local rock pile. I am looking for a good motor to do both.

What kind of run times can I expect out of the Crawlmaster using the 8c 1500 Elite cells? What about say a 3s TP1320?

If you don't mind sharing, what is your current comp rig power system? What ESC do you recommend?

Thanks again for all the info.

Lou

Last edited by TK421; 03-29-2008 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:13 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

What about the Crawlmaster, stock tranny, and a 3s li-po? What pinion then? Run times?

Lou
Old 03-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #10
Keep it real

With a 3cell, I'd say a 15t pinion would be good.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote