Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: CC with crawlmaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default CC with crawlmaster

i currently have AX 10 with a goat system in it. i'm running a venom 3000 6 cell pack. And i get a run time of right around 2 hours. i'm thinking of changing over to the mamba max with a crawlmaster motor. as well as upgrading to lipo. but i do not know what the run time will be with a small lipo pack ( 2100 2 or 3 cell maxx amps). as well as how that combo will perform. i would like to keep te same run time if i could.
ckmehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I got 2 hours + out of a 3c 2100 with a 35t warrior and a MM. Runtime's down now to about 1 hour 15 min with the 10t cobalt puller, but I'm almost completely certain the crawlmaster is more efficient than either motor. I'd still advise a brushed motor. Handwound lathes and cobalt pullers are the only way to go, you'll like having reliable start-up.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
I got 2 hours + out of a 3c 2100 with a 35t warrior and a MM. Runtime's down now to about 1 hour 15 min with the 10t cobalt puller, but I'm almost completely certain the crawlmaster is more efficient than either motor. I'd still advise a brushed motor. Handwound lathes and cobalt pullers are the only way to go, you'll like having reliable start-up.
I dont know man. Im running dual Mamba Maxs w/ CrawlMasters and dual Hitec 5955TG servos on a 3000mah 3C LiPO from MaxAmps in my Super. And Im getting a minimum of 1 hr and 15 min runs.
FatGremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmehl View Post
i currently have AX 10 with a goat system in it. i'm running a venom 3000 6 cell pack. And i get a run time of right around 2 hours. i'm thinking of changing over to the mamba max with a crawlmaster motor. as well as upgrading to lipo. but i do not know what the run time will be with a small lipo pack ( 2100 2 or 3 cell maxx amps). as well as how that combo will perform. i would like to keep te same run time if i could.
If you already have a goat, why not stick with it? Going from a goat to a crawlermaster you will have less than half the wheelspeed, and the startup won't be as smooth either. Why not just get a 2s lipo pack to go with your goat?
K_Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatGremlins View Post
I dont know man. Im running dual Mamba Maxs w/ CrawlMasters and dual Hitec 5955TG servos on a 3000mah 3C LiPO from MaxAmps in my Super. And Im getting a minimum of 1 hr and 15 min runs.
Yea, 2 of them in a super. I have one motor and esc in a 6 lb 2.2. totally different ballgame.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmehl View Post
only 2 hours from a 3k cell? I have the goat with a 7cell elite 1500 from HH and get a solid 1.5 hours with butter smooth power and decent wheel speed. 13t pinion 87 spur 5645mg servo.
Gyyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #7
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Throttle finger and terrain have a lot to do with runtime. At my farm I can get 2 hours on a 2100 pack. In riprap I would be lucky to get 25 minutes with the same setup.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote