Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Definitive wiring diagrams for BECs Rx Servos Motors etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #101
Quarry Creeper

Well here is my two cents on the whole wiring issue. I have read all 5 pages of this thread and I am more confused now than before I started reading. I think I am a reasonably smart guy. I have a college education and a job. However, the more I try to advance in this hobby the more fustrated I become. This hobby is more like a job than something to do to relax. I spend hours reading threads and looking at diagram and trying to undestand what relationship certain components have to my crawler.
I am not saying that crawling isnt a fun hobby, but the time requirements are more than I bargained for when I started this hobby. I want to just run my crawler and enjoy a day in the sun. So I am going to go to the Darkside and get a MOA. Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread for helping me to make a positive decision about which direction to take in this hobby I will still be around cause I am not going to get rid of my Axial, but the majority of my time will be in the Berg section. May the force be with me
BMFOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #102
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFOTP View Post
Well here is my two cents on the whole wiring issue. I have read all 5 pages of this thread and I am more confused now than before I started reading. I think I am a reasonably smart guy. I have a college education and a job. However, the more I try to advance in this hobby the more fustrated I become. This hobby is more like a job than something to do to relax. I spend hours reading threads and looking at diagram and trying to undestand what relationship certain components have to my crawler.
I am not saying that crawling isnt a fun hobby, but the time requirements are more than I bargained for when I started this hobby. I want to just run my crawler and enjoy a day in the sun. So I am going to go to the Darkside and get a MOA. Thanks to everyone who posted in this thread for helping me to make a positive decision about which direction to take in this hobby I will still be around cause I am not going to get rid of my Axial, but the majority of my time will be in the Berg section. May the force be with me
It is easier to wire a BEC/ESC in a shafty than a dig switch setup in a berg?!?!?! lol
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:19 PM   #103
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.D. View Post
It is easier to wire a BEC/ESC in a shafty than a dig switch setup in a berg?!?!?! lol
Thanks for really making my day. Guess I should just go back to my competitive shooting. At least there all there is to do is aim and shoot

Anyone want to buy an Axial crawler
Old 05-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman View Post
my drawing was not so much a new diagram. I was just trying to provide a picture for a question I asked.

I'll probably just run my setup the way CC describes. But I would like to link my ESC on/off switch to my BEC.
the way i made a deans link for my CC BEC it is turned off when i unplug my batt....some people are making this BEC wiring stuff real complicated when all i did was just unpluged the red from the ESC plug............bob

Last edited by bob1961; 05-06-2009 at 05:05 PM.
bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

That's the same thing I did. I just followed the diagram on Castle's website did a bit of research here and have been enjoying it since.
awd199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:11 AM   #106
Rock Crawler

here is a good diagram,,,
http://www.trail-gear.com/rc/images/ccbec_wiring.jpg
grouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #107
Quarry Creeper

Try this:

http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_wiring.html
Arct1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #108
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arct1k View Post
WAY KEWL thanks,,,i used the measure calculator right away!
grouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:45 AM   #109
Quarry Creeper

lol. i finally got my futuba 3pm tx/rx and attempted to connect the receiver to my steering servo - cys high torque servo - and all i get is my servo glitching from right to left. I have attempted to reset all setting to factory settings. I will see what happens next when i try to re bind and connect the servo and receiver.

Now i have to figure out which of the 10 wiring diagram is the best way to wire my MM esc into the mix:-(:-(:-(.

i think i am going to go back to the stock axial electronics (esc and receiver). until i can get someone to physically help me wire the electronics correctly and use the transmitter correctly.

Guess all i really wanted to do was vent on how much i like this hobby,but how fustrating it is to me to get the crawler set up. thanks for letting me vent
Old 07-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #110

Im new to all this and signed up to get some info from this forum. Thanx a lot for all you useful knowledge. All this helped me wire up my CC BEC and i was worried to death my rigs were gonna go up in smoke. So once again Thanx. And how long before i can post some pics. I have a sweet HBZ Warthog w/ HR MOA i would love to show off.
SC xMATTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #111
www.team3sixrc.com

Im trying to figure out why people are getting so discombobultaed understanding this issue.
again this information is on my website but I will post the diagram up here. Glad to see some people are getting it though.
any questions about electronics that you may be lost on please check this link out. And yes there is alot to read but its all informative and correct knowledge for the guy who needs to know.
http://www.team3sixrc.com/rcelectronics101.htm
Here is the diagram:

Last edited by team3six; 07-27-2009 at 07:36 PM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #112
"HOLLYWOOD"

Thank you for making it so simple, was so lost to were to plug everything up am running brushless and your diagram will work perfect.

Just one thing what do I do when I need to bind my remote with reciver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
Im trying to figure out why people are getting so discombobultaed understanding this issue.
again this information is on my website but I will post the diagram up here. Glad to see some people are getting it though.
any questions about electronics that you may be lost on please check this link out. And yes there is alot to read but its all informative and correct knowledge for the guy who needs to know.
http://www.team3sixrc.com/rcelectronics101.htm
Here is the diagram:
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:21 PM   #113
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
Thank you for making it so simple, was so lost to were to plug everything up am running brushless and your diagram will work perfect.

Just one thing what do I do when I need to bind my remote with reciver?
Remove the BEC and plug the red wire back in the ESC plug or use a separate receiver battery.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #114
I wanna be Dave

some good info , Burried info but good.
Either way you wire in the BEC you still get unswitched power to servos as soon as you plug in to battery

Wiring it like Castle says is the easiest and no extra plugs needed, plus you can swap between cars .

QUESTION ?
Inorder to get switched power , could you wire like Castle says but instead Run the Black lead of BEC input on the ESC 3 wire plug ?
so you dont have to have 2 switches.?
toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:26 AM   #115
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4crawlin View Post
some good info , Burried info but good.
Either way you wire in the BEC you still get unswitched power to servos as soon as you plug in to battery

Wiring it like Castle says is the easiest and no extra plugs needed, plus you can swap between cars .

QUESTION ?
Inorder to get switched power , could you wire like Castle says but instead Run the Black lead of BEC input on the ESC 3 wire plug ?
so you dont have to have 2 switches.?
I don't see how that would work, and wouldn't recommend it anyways, you want to keep the BEC inputs connected to the battery so that its return current goes directly back and not through your ESC and ESC wire.

If you want a single switch go to your local electronics store and buy a double pole switch. Disconnect the your ESC's power switch and move the wires to one side of the new switch. Wire the BEC input red wire to the other side of the switch. Switching the BEC input wire will prevent the BEC from draining your battery when the switch is off.

Richard
YJ_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

Ok, I've got a question.

Running a basic setup...

Tekin FXR w/ 55t
Hitec 5645 for steering
Castle BEC
and 2s Lipo

Just wondering if how I have this wired will work.

I have the BEC's black and red wire, tied into black and red battery wires off of my ESC. I have the red wire removed from my ESC and plugged into the throttle position on my RX. My steering servo is plugged in normally just into the steering position on my esc.

Now what's left is the plug on the CC Bec....where do I pluge that into? The Aux or Bind port? Do I have something wrong?
goldmember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #117
www.team3sixrc.com

You plug it into the Bind port after your esc is bound and set. if your using the hotwire, you will need to reinsert the red wire so you can use the hotwire system. Then just unplug the red wire and go.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:16 AM   #118
Rock Crawler

Excellent. Thank you very much.
goldmember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #119
"HOLLYWOOD"

This is how I am thinking of wiring my BEC will it work?

Thank you
Attached Images

Last edited by Mini; 10-21-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.D. View Post
Ok, I am so stupid with this apparently. So here is what I did. I drew up a diagram that shows what I have. I did the basic wiring for the power and whatnot. I need some handholding here. Is this what I am after? I really feel stupid so forgive me. I could rebuild my Jeep's engine in a weekend but I can't seem to grasp this?!?!

Edit: I ran the wires the way I think they should be?
Awesome... this is what I have been looking for...straight forward, easy to understand instructions. And the pic....well...I can follow it
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote