Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Will mambamax,ccsidewinder and ccbec work with windows vista

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2008, 07:22 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Will mambamax,ccsidewinder and ccbec work with windows vista

I need to buy a new computer and would like to know if my mamba max, cc sidewinder, cc bec are compatible with windows vista?
63comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #2
Official Cook of the ECC

yes
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:31 AM   #3

Yes. The Castle Link program will install on Windows Vista 32 bit, but not on 64 bit. There is a special step that you have to take when installing on Vista.

Download the latest version of the program from our website, http://www.castlecreations.com/downloads.html Click on "Download Now", scroll to the bottom of the third page, and click the red banner that says "I have read and understand this information, download now" You should get a pop-up asking you to run or save, choose save and save it to your desktop.

After the file downloads, you should find a new icon on your desktop called "CastleLinkInstall_v3.05". Right click it and choose the "Run as administrator" option. The installation should continue as normal without any problems. If you have questions about this process please contact us in tech support. You can e-mail us at support@castlecreations.com or give us a call at 913-390-6939, ext 1.
Thomas Porfert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:44 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Thanks, now I'm off to spend too much on a computer.
63comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:41 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Porfert View Post
Yes. The Castle Link program will install on Windows Vista 32 bit, but not on 64 bit. There is a special step that you have to take when installing on Vista.

Download the latest version of the program from our website, http://www.castlecreations.com/downloads.html Click on "Download Now", scroll to the bottom of the third page, and click the red banner that says "I have read and understand this information, download now" You should get a pop-up asking you to run or save, choose save and save it to your desktop.

After the file downloads, you should find a new icon on your desktop called "CastleLinkInstall_v3.05". Right click it and choose the "Run as administrator" option. The installation should continue as normal without any problems. If you have questions about this process please contact us in tech support. You can e-mail us at support@castlecreations.com or give us a call at 913-390-6939, ext 1.
Good to know. I was going to keep my old crap laptop around just for Castle Link. Glad I dont have to.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
no talent hack

one thing i noticed, is all my castle products that use a castle link usb adapter work on vista. my mamba max with the usb port works only on xp. if i connect it through the castle link usb adapter it works on vista
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

cool, for me the program works just need to get drivers. its for xp64 I'm guessing its the 64bit that causes issues.
rn38 is offline   Reply With Quote