RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Got a blinking red/green LED on my ESC, but no power (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/119288-got-blinking-red-green-led-my-esc-but-no-power.html)

Flatty 05-15-2008 07:34 AM

Got a blinking red/green LED on my ESC, but no power

I have a stock AXIAL ESC in my car right now, and after a total teardown and rebuild, I placed the ESC on the axle to get some weight down low. So I turn the power button on, and I get the LED to blink red/Green/Red/Green... I turn on the controller, and I get nothing. Now normally I would get the ESC to beep on and the LED would turn red and stay that color. I tried to swap everything around, new battery on the car, but still nothing. Can someone give me some advice... I was VERY upset yesterday when I got it all together after 3 days, and I could not go anywhere with it.

Thanks
Dima

TK-twister 05-15-2008 08:18 AM

My suggestion to you is get rid of the axial esc. You can pick up many choice esc for about $75. I run the CC sidewinder and have no problems from it. I would check the polarity from the esc to the battery. Make sure you have it plugged into the right channel on your reciever.

Flatty 05-15-2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travis174 (Post 1188454)
My suggestion to you is get rid of the axial esc. You can pick up many choice esc for about $75. I run the CC sidewinder and have no problems from it. I would check the polarity from the esc to the battery. Make sure you have it plugged into the right channel on your reciever.

I am looking for a good ESC for a good price (just can't swing the cost right now). I am goinv gto get the good ESC in time along with a Lipo and charger, but that will cme a bit later.

The polarity from the ESC to the battery can only be one way... It was working 2 days ago, and nothing has changed since then (I am still getting power as the LED says), just nothing from the controller to the ESC.

Thanks
Dima

JavelinSST390 05-15-2008 09:24 AM

Do you have steering when the ESC is on?

If not, then you have the ESC plugged into the wrong hole in the reciever. switch the servo and the ESC plugs around. "thumbsup"

Flatty 05-15-2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavelinSST390 (Post 1188532)
Do you have steering when the ESC is on?

If not, then you have the ESC plugged into the wrong hole in the reciever. switch the servo and the ESC plugs around. "thumbsup"

I will try theat as soon as I get home (but I swear I had them plugged in right...) I did piece this together after only3 hours of sleep the night before, so who knows what it looks like under ther.

DIma

JavelinSST390 05-15-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatty (Post 1188542)
I will try theat as soon as I get home (but I swear I had them plugged in right...) I did piece this together after only3 hours of sleep the night before, so who knows what it looks like under ther.

DIma

Don't feel too bad, I've done it myself more than once. "thumbsup"

Flatty 05-15-2008 10:35 AM

But now that I think about it, I remember setting it up right alst night. I even thought about that, and recall plugging everythiing in right becaus eI had tags off the wires on where they should go.

\Dima

Tim_B 05-15-2008 11:03 AM

Never hurts to double check. I've done the same thing before too. "thumbsup"

-Tim

Flatty 05-15-2008 11:32 AM

I will... Soon as I get home from work this afternoon I will be sure to check ho it is all put together.

Dima

CreamLad 05-16-2008 04:17 AM

try taking all of the plugs out of the receiver and plugging them in the other way round. If the polarity is reversed you only get the lights, not the power

TK-twister 05-16-2008 07:23 AM

make sure you have the plugs in the right wat. Many futaba style plugs you can plug them into the rciever with polarity revered. Unplug them flip the plug 180 deg and plug it back in. I have done that.

Flatty 05-16-2008 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travis174 (Post 1189772)
make sure you have the plugs in the right wat. Many futaba style plugs you can plug them into the rciever with polarity revered. Unplug them flip the plug 180 deg and plug it back in. I have done that.

THAT is what it was. I got it going last night.

Thanks guys
Dima

TK-twister 05-17-2008 08:29 PM

Way To Go

CreamLad 05-19-2008 06:35 AM

looks like I helped someone there chirping in first, well done to me, an ur welcome my friend ;)

hairba11 05-19-2008 07:30 AM

For teh record I had a similar problem on a mamba max, I would turn on the controler, and then the esc, and it would sit there blinking at me and not arming.
wound up the trim had beed bumped all the way up giving forward signal, setting the trim in the center again allowed the esc to arm.

Dingotron 03-16-2011 07:45 PM

Hey i have the same problem, except my stock 2.4 axial ESC blinks Green red constantly, and the reciever is soild red, nothing will work, it wont move or steer, i changed the plugs and still the same thing, i even unplugged the esc from the reciever and it stil continues to blink green red, what does this mean? any one can help? its really fustrating, it was working before i pulled it all apart

TCA999 06-04-2012 05:48 PM

Re: Got a blinking red/green LED on my ESC, but no power

Same problem here. No throttle or steering but the LEDs on the Honcho will turn on. I don't have a bind plug but I'm hoping that's the problem. Any thoughts?

Charlie-III 06-04-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCA999 (Post 3763447)
Same problem here. No throttle or steering but the LEDs on the Honcho will turn on. I don't have a bind plug but I'm hoping that's the problem. Any thoughts?

Where the servo plugs go in, the "dark wire" goes towards the outside edge.
If that's OK, try recalibrating the ESC to the RX.

If it's a Futaba radio, you will likely need to reverse the throttle channel (it's a Futaba thing).

SMR 510RR 06-04-2012 08:28 PM

Yea, recalibrate...If you are having ESC issues the first step is always to recalibrate.