Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: electronic help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 09:38 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default electronic help

i don't know if it is the battery or not but i have the tekin fx-r and my truck barley goes but the servo works somewhat the reason that i think it is my batterys is because the wires had touched and tehn the batterys started to smoke till i unplugged them and when i looked at them the alu. tabs was a little burnt. I am not sure what it is but like i said i have the tekin fx-r, tcs 7 cell split battery pack. thanks for input
rckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
Winner of the '07 RCC dumbass award!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckcrawler View Post
i don't know if it is the battery or not but i have the tekin fx-r and my truck barley goes but the servo works somewhat the reason that i think it is my batterys is because the wires had touched and tehn the batterys started to smoke till i unplugged them and when i looked at them the alu. tabs was a little burnt. I am not sure what it is but like i said i have the tekin fx-r, tcs 7 cell split battery pack. thanks for input
When the short occurred, you probably vented a cell. Do you have a volt meter? Most of the time I have found, if this happens, only one cell will vent, releasing the load on the others saving them from death.

Take a volt meter and check each cell individually. The bad one may even produce a negative voltage, but you will for sure be able to tell what one is bad.

I don't know if you have any soldering experience or not so you might just have to go get a new pack.

WC
WheelChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #3

i some what have the same problem. i had the wires touch on one of my packs but all it did was spark but my main problem is i cant any more then 10 min. of run time on any battery i have discharged them and trickle charged but still the same 10 min. run
hiddenunderthecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thanks wheelchair well i just went ahead and threw the old pack away and bought a new one. I got everything fixed now so the new pack should be good to go.
rckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote