Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: FX-R programming?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2008, 06:17 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default FX-R programming?

I have a Tekin FX-R on my rig and I can't seem to get it into programming mode. The manual says to hold the mode button for 5 seconds then use the INC button to changes the values of the different features. When go to try o get into program mode, it blinks like it is going in but LED6 just stays lit and no other inputs will respond. It just sits there. I have to unplug the battery the plug it back in then it works like normal with all the factory settings.

Another thing is the fact that the on off switch does not work. Once I plug the battery in, the ESC is on and working. I am using a CC BEC, does this have anything to do with that?

Lou
TK421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2008, 06:26 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post
I have a Tekin FX-R on my rig and I can't seem to get it into programming mode. The manual says to hold the mode button for 5 seconds then use the INC button to changes the values of the different features. When go to try o get into program mode, it blinks like it is going in but LED6 just stays lit and no other inputs will respond. It just sits there. I have to unplug the battery the plug it back in then it works like normal with all the factory settings.

Another thing is the fact that the on off switch does not work. Once I plug the battery in, the ESC is on and working. I am using a CC BEC, does this have anything to do with that?

Lou
yes the CC bec is causing a direct path to the electronics, (thats why its there) about the programing. try holding thr button longer. and make sure the switch is turned on
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 08:36 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421 View Post

Lou
Did you get if figured out?

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:46 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Holding down the mode button any longer than 3 seconds will put you into radio configuration mode.

To program it just give the mode button a tap and it goes into program mode then tap it the number of times it takes to go to the function you want to program in under 5 seconds or it returns to normal operation. For example: Tap it six times to go to the sixth LED to program the voltage cutoff, once you are there then tap the inc button to select the function like 1, 1&2 or 1,2&3 LEDs for the voltage cutoff example.

Last edited by AreCee; 06-03-2008 at 07:10 AM.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:53 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I have not really had a lot of time to get her sorted out. I will try today or tomorrow. I have busy with a new heli. I will let you know how it turns out.

Lou
Old 06-06-2008, 08:06 AM   #6

What AreCee says is correct to correctly get into the programming mode.
Tap the mode button, tap it again X amount of times to traverse the LED to the function you wish to program, us the INC button to change the value.

Did you pull the red wire out of the reciever harness coming from the speed control? It's not needed if you are running a EBEC. To do so you simply take that little 3wire connector coming out of the FX-r and with a modeling knife or needle gently pull up the center tab on the connector to pull out the redwire. Then just bend that wire back and tape it up so it won't make contact with anything...haha, I'm sure you coulda figured that part out but there it is in all its glory LOL
Zken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:48 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

i don't mean to steal your thread but i am having a problem with mine also, about two weeks ago my battery wire came undone and shorted out my battery so the truck would barely go anywhere so thinking it was my battery i purchased a new one well that one came in today. now i plugged in the new battery and the servo works but it sounds like the motor stalls and will not turn. i don't know if they speed control got messed up or not. thanks in advance. sorry for stealing your thread
rckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:51 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

rckcrawler,

No worries at all mate. Take care of your self there, I just got back from FOB Echo a little bit ago.

I would suggest you start a new thread specific to your problem so you can get better help.

I got it all sorted out as far as the programming goes. I would have never thought to pull the POS wire from the ESC to RX cable. Thanks.

I love the drag brake on this thing sick!

Lou
Old 06-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckcrawler View Post
i don't mean to steal your thread but i am having a problem with mine also, about two weeks ago my battery wire came undone and shorted out my battery so the truck would barely go anywhere so thinking it was my battery i purchased a new one well that one came in today. now i plugged in the new battery and the servo works but it sounds like the motor stalls and will not turn. i don't know if they speed control got messed up or not. thanks in advance. sorry for stealing your thread
Do you have the ability to try a new motor just to rule that out?

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:12 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

no the only way to do that is order a new and that will take forever to get here. i might mess with it some more to see what is going on. thanks for the help
Old 06-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckcrawler View Post
no the only way to do that is order a new and that will take forever to get here. i might mess with it some more to see what is going on. thanks for the help
What motor are you currently using? Brand, turns, etc?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:35 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

i got it figured out it was the control the forward is messing up i guess i will have to get a new one
Old 06-08-2008, 03:44 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Bummer on the esc....don't ya have a spare cheapo around until you get a new FXR?
Old 06-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Bummer on the esc....don't ya have a spare cheapo around until you get a new FXR?
my bad i was not saying that i messed up the speed control the controller itself is messed up when i hold down the throttle it barely goes so i have to pull it then release it and pul it quickley again and it goes good. tahnks for the help.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Uh....you mean the radio transmitter is bad?