RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   3PJ dig switch (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/123213-3pj-dig-switch.html)

canlou 06-12-2008 06:26 AM

3PJ dig switch

does anyone know how to hookup a 3 position switch on a futaba 3PJ super ??

whoodie 06-12-2008 11:19 PM

Set up one of the digital trims to the 3rd channel. Make sure that it is set as a 3 position switch. If you need me to walk you through it I will, but it is all in the manual.

canlou 06-13-2008 12:56 AM

thanks, But i figured out something even better. I'm using my slide switch for 4 wheel and front wheel and the push button for dig.

WVB 08-27-2008 09:03 PM

I use a Futaba 3PJ PCM radio. I know its a 3 channel setup, but I just can't figure it out. I have looked through the manual but didn't find the answer. I am sure I have over looked it. If some one could help walk me through this I would be very appreciative..! Thank you in advance...

whoodie 08-27-2008 09:24 PM

Go into the setup menu where you can reverse your servos.

Press UP or DOWN until you see DSP3. press + or - until you see DSP3. 3CH. This will show the value of the 3rd channel in the far right box in the middle of the screen.

Next, press UP or DOWN until you see GD1>. Press the select button until you see DT1, DT2 or DT3. What ever digital trim button you want to assign to dig will correspond to what you see on the screen. For example, if you have the DT1 as steering trim and DT2 as throttle trim, select DT3 as the dig switch. So once you see DT3> on the screen, press + or - until you see DT3> 3CH. Now you have assigned the 3rd digital trim to the 3rd channel. Press DIRECT twice to exit the setup menu.

Now you need to set how the digital trim button works. Press UP or DOWN and move the cursor around the screen to the STEP icon. Press SELECT until you see 3CH on the screen. Press + or - until you see 3CH .S3PS on the screen. Press DIRECT twice to exit the setup menu.

Now you need to set the neutral position of the servo. You will have to use the subtrim on the 3rd channel to center the servo. Press UP once from the main screen and press SELECT twice to change to the 3rd channel. Press + or - to change the subtrim up or down to center the dig unit in neutral. Press DIRECT twice to exit the setup menu.

Now the last step is setting the endpoints. I trust you can do this last step but if you need help feel free to ask "thumbsup"

ManxCrawler 09-02-2008 03:50 PM

Thanks canlou at last the slide has a proper use :)

Also cheers to whoodie, I sussed out what he was doing eventually even though my 3pj doesn't have a DT3

whoodie 09-02-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManxCrawler (Post 1328296)
...my 3pj doesn't have a DT3

Pretty sure that the 3PJ has a DT3. My girlfriends is a 3PJS, maybe that is the difference.