Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: JP 35T Warrior HW - Vs - HH 35T Pro HW

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 03:05 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default JP 35T Warrior HW - Vs - HH 35T Pro HW

ok sounds dumb, because im just gonna get peoples personal opinions BUT i want em lol. If any one might have some teh on these that would prove either motor is built or run different ide like to here it. i might just end up just buying both

Holmes Hobbies Pro Handwound 35T.
http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...&cat=17&page=1

JP Custom RC 35T Handwound
http://www.jpcustomrcs.atomicshops.c...86/5254837.htm

Maybe JRH and run3jeepn might pop in?

Thx
ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2008, 05:48 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I will be completely honest here. I was waiting for a HH 35t and they were on backorder and I picked up a used Warrior on here.

I was running a 55t Integy with 14/87 gearing on an Axial tranny and axles with 3S lipo. After dropping in the 35T Warrior, I was expecting a huge difference......which I really did not see. I gained a little bit of wheel speed, but I was expecting a huge amount of increase in torque. I just tried going down to 12/87 gearing last night and have not had a chance to put it on the rocks yet. My main hope was to gain a little more "pop" to be able to climb some bigger verts.

Not sure if this helps or not.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Thank you. This is what im looking for, honest opinions.
ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
PapaGriz Yo

I just did the first two comps with my new HHH 35T on 3S LiPo and 15/84 gearing. I can tell you it's got unreal punch but still has excellent low speed control. I may play with the gearing a bit but I'm super happy with the results so far. Much, much more responsive than my Axiom 55T.

As far as Warrior vs HHH goes; they should provide very similar results since I believe they are based on the same cans. I'm just partial to Holmes Hobbies for all my electronics.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I have a hh 35T on a 3cell and the best thing out there besides a cobalt
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:58 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I have both the Warrior 35T and the HHH 35T.

Apples to apples they are the same motor (4 magnets)

Holmes offers a two magnet version that will increase torque and drag brake. You notice a difference there...
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:41 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I asked JRH in his customer service thread and he said his motor has 2 magnets which gives more torque at the sacrifice of some wheelspeed. He said other than that they are the same.

I have one of each but have not yet ran the HH 35t. Looking at them side by side they look exactly the same. I am happy with my Warrior and would have bought another but he wouldnt let me preorder another.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:59 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

so which motor would be better to buy.................bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:55 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

HH has a Ti based motor, 2 magnets, more RPM per volt and a little less torque. JP has a KR motor, 4 magnets, more torque and less RPM per volt.

Do the Pepsi challenge and put them both in the same truck and you will hardly notice a difference. It's so subtle that I don't think the average user can tell. 4 magnets is a bit smoother, and more consistent...the 2 magnets make them motor a little more "choppy" when drag braking.

Of course they are both top of the line motors, I know first hand how excellent they are. I would pick which one is in stock, as both are going to have issues finding more of these motor in the coming weeks/months if they are not already out of stock.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I'm running a bastardized version of the HH motor. Mine is not as good, but I wanted to try something. Hoping to go with a Brood or HH one here shortly based on my results.

I found the 45T integy arm was way smoother and more torque just by putting it in the Ti can. I also used Copper Spings and some weird brushes some Roar Stock national champ gave me.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Pretty much the best setup for overall drag brake performance, torque, and RPM I have found is a Ti or KR can, with either 766 or 4499 brushes, black springs (stiff), and the arm shimmed with no play then +.010" shim.

That's how the HH and JP motors are setup.

You can work the motor for more torque, or more RPM, but that setup right there was the best balance of both while providing good brush life, good power, and good mechanical drag.

So if you're looking to rebuild your motor to factory spec, use the above setup and you're dialed.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:18 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

i was running a 55t lathe motor and went to the 35t warrior and got ALOT more wheel speed and still has plenty of torque
severed701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 06:54 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Same with me, switched to 35T Warrior from 55t and I love the difference. Running a 7 Cell pack I can do things I wasnt able to do with a 55T, SNAP DRIVESHAFTS. Granted now, the 35T may be no more (which BLOWS) so this thread just told me where i can get the same thing If I want. I just like my wheel speed, run time and torque from the Warrior.
Mav-1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

You will always be able to get the arm itself from Team Brood. They can wind you a 35x1 arm only that will work in your Integy can. Not as good as the full blown thing, but you get the wheel speed and it's pretty darn close.