Notices

Thread: Motor "t" and "s" ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Motor "t" and "s" ?

Hello with all,

I have a question to pose to you.

What means the “S” or “T” in this type of engine. I go manufactured second Rockcrawler and I cannot only choose ? the price is also different why ?

- Integy V10 Rock'n'roll Crawler Professional Motor 60S

- Integy Rock'n'roll Crawler Professional Motor 65t

I would like (?) to use one “55” with my ”R2 Heavy Duty Silver Transmission" and a pinion of 15/32 ? for max torque and less "wheel speed".

Your councils are welcome. Thank you for your answers and excuse me for my bad english
SwissSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2008, 10:45 AM   #2

The "s" means that it is a single wire wind. You can have single, double, triple or higher.

The "t" (turns) means the number of winds around the armature. You can have any number of turns.

A single wire wind will have greater punch, while 2 or more wire winds will be smoother.

The higher the number of turns around the armature will give the motor more low speed power and less top end. The lower number of winds around the armature will result in a faster motor. This is because of space available for the wire. If you have a 12t motor you wrap the wire 12 times around the armature. If you have a 55t motor you have to wrap the wire 55 times around the motor. The 55t motor will have to use smaller wire to fit itself 55 times around the motor. If you use smaller wire you will have greater resistance and less top end.

If you are getting a "crawler" motor, they are probably all going to be a single wire wind. Generally most people use a 55t motor, some use a 35t to gain wheel speed. Confused yet
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissSteph View Post
Hello with all,

I have a question to pose to you.

What means the “S” or “T” in this type of engine. I go manufactured second Rockcrawler and I cannot only choose ? the price is also different why ?

- Integy V10 Rock'n'roll Crawler Professional Motor 60S

- Integy Rock'n'roll Crawler Professional Motor 65t

I would like (?) to use one “55” with my ”R2 Heavy Duty Silver Transmission" and a pinion of 15/32 ? for max torque and less "wheel speed".

Your councils are welcome. Thank you for your answers and excuse me for my bad english
So to answer your question, both of those motors are missing information. However, it is not relevant. The biggest factor would be the number of cells you are using. I would recommend a 3 cell lipo or an 8 cell Nimh battery, you will have plenty of lowspeed torque because of the high number of turns and lots of wheel speed from the voltage of the battery. A 15 tooth pinion might be too big. Run the pinion that comes with the transmission, 10 tooth I believe, and pickup a 12 tooth as well. Try them both out. The 12 tooth will be faster while the 10 tooth will have more torque.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:40 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Thank you for your reply

I use my lipo think that I have on my current Crawler which is a "Maxamps Lipo 4200 mah 7.4 v"

I also currently Integy 55 (t or s ?) And 15/32 gearing (with my R" disconect). My crawler is fairly heavy (about 4 kg) so I can ride very slowly.

I ask myself for my next crawler and what I have to take as a engine (35 ? 55 ? 65 ?) / brand / type ... ?
Old 06-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #5

If you don't want to buy a new battery you should look into a 45 or 35 turn motor. From my experience a 55t on 7.4 volts is way too slow. I run a 55t with a 11.1 volt lipo and am very pleased with the performance. A 1000mah battery will last roughly 45 minutes. On occasion I have stretched it out to 1.5 hours. Also increasing the battery voltage will yield a lower amp draw from the motor thus increasing the the battery run time.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:59 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Thank you for all your remarks I keep in reserve for my final choice for my new project (My T-Rex 60 "Swiss Tuber II")