Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: New CC BEC, MM ESC not working?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 07:01 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default New CC BEC, MM ESC not working?

I just got my CC BEC today and got it all wired up. The ESC has the red wire remove(like stated in the directions). I have the BEC plugged in though a Y harness in the throttle channel on the RX. I'm running a Spectrum SR3000. I got it to the point where the servos work, but no throttle. When I turn on the ESC on it flashes all three lights, rings three time(I'm running a 3S lipo) and then just flashes the three lights steady. The three lights don't stop flashing to arm the ESC. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm running a mamba max, Spectrum SR3000 RX, 3S lipo, Towerpro 945 MG and scorpion 3014. I called Homles Hobbies with no answer.
mudrinner4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
RCC Addict

make sure all your endpoints are set correct, trims set to 0, etc...then reprogram the esc
emaxxjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaxxjeremy View Post
make sure all your endpoints are set correct, trims set to 0, etc...then reprogram the esc
Just tried it, no luck. It's like it's not receiving my command. Do I need to rewire the BEC so it's on the same channel as the steering?
Old 06-30-2008, 08:17 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrinner4ever View Post
Just tried it, no luck. It's like it's not receiving my command. Do I need to rewire the BEC so it's on the same channel as the steering?
no...make sure the orange wire on the esc is in fact connected........next put the red wire back on the esc plug and remove the bec.....then program the esc. it sounds like the esc isnt programmed correctly....make 100% sure your epa are set to max and your trims are at 0....does the esc program at all?
emaxxjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:00 AM   #5
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Did you go through the quick setup and get your throttle enpoints set? If all three lights are blinking then you aren't getting radio signal to the ESC. Steering servo works?

You must have called at a weird time, I was around the phone from 8am to 6pm yesterday all day.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Kinda dumb, but make sure your motor is plugged in correctly, I have had similar results before.
bent70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudrinner4ever View Post
I have the BEC plugged in though a Y harness in the throttle channel on the RX. I'm running a Spectrum SR3000.
Hmmm...I've never done it through the throttle channel. Have you tried plugging it into AUX or BATT?
killjoyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Also try pulling the signal wire from the BEC. sometimes they can cause issues. I have had NO problems running my dual sidwinders w/ccbec on my super, and I am runnning the most wicked wiring harness that is beyond imagination.
mysharona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Did you go through the quick setup and get your throttle enpoints set? If all three lights are blinking then you aren't getting radio signal to the ESC. Steering servo works?

You must have called at a weird time, I was around the phone from 8am to 6pm yesterday all day.
You sere right JRH, I wasn't receiving signal. I bypassed my home made Y harness and got it to all work. I ended up plugging it into the batt port on the ESc with the red wire removed from the ESC. Will this hurt anything? should I go back to running a Y harness?

It's all good about the phone call, we're all very busy people.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:54 PM   #10
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

As long as your RX doesn't heat up or you don't experience glitching, running the power through the RX can work just fine. You may just check out the Y harness to see why you weren't getting signal, maybe a loose pin.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:51 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
As long as your RX doesn't heat up or you don't experience glitching, running the power through the RX can work just fine. You may just check out the Y harness to see why you weren't getting signal, maybe a loose pin.
I've been planning on looking through my home made Y harness and seeing what is not working. I cant see why it's not working though.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:11 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

I went through the Y harness and it's now working. I'm not sure what happened. I'm thinking the wires were touching, so individually shrink tubed them. Works great now, thanks for the help guys!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

The CC BEC is supposed to be connected directly to the Batt port on your RX. Why do you need to run it through a Y harness?
jdmstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

maybe to power his servo's directly so as to not harm rx? thats what I did.
mysharona is offline   Reply With Quote