Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Anyone using these LiPo packs?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Anyone using these LiPo packs?

I had thought about picking one up for the dirt oval car.

http://www.ultralinehobbies.com/inde...=656&parent=72

Looks like a good price for a hard case LiPo. Too good to be true?
hlpressley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Looks like a relabeled Team Orion pack or is the Team Orion the one relabeled?? Too hard to keep track
Tobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:27 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobit View Post
Looks like a relabeled Team Orion pack or is the Team Orion the one relabeled?? Too hard to keep track
Personally... I don't know that precise pack, but never had any trouble with their helicopter products... (one of those chinese OEM trying to make a name for themselves I think)
Coligny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I would be cautious of buying a really cheap lipo. Especially for a fast car. You usually get what you pay for. We get alot of lipo stuff direct from the factory in China and 99% of these dealers buy from a distributor. We could barely get a pack or cell that price at our cost with a decent C rating and over all good quality. It may seem better if you buy something like that because it is lighter and has a higher nominal voltage, but put it up to a good lipo and you will notice a huge difference. There are alot of little places popping out of the wood works these days selling cheap lipos and over rating them. Just beware and read up before you buy. I wrote this up below. Maybe it can help you.

A few Crawler battery buying tips
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:10 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
We get alot of lipo stuff direct from the factory in China and 99% of these dealers buy from a distributor. We could barely get a pack or cell that price at our cost with a decent C rating
Hem... you get your stuff from China ? these are made in China... certainly in the same factory...

Why paying more for a cuter sticker on the pack ?
Coligny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:48 PM   #6

We run Dirt Oval Mod Sprint, batteries are awsome
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlpressley View Post
I had thought about picking one up for the dirt oval car.

http://www.ultralinehobbies.com/inde...=656&parent=72

Looks like a good price for a hard case LiPo. Too good to be true?
Price is cheep not the batteries. These are the same cells used in many of so called high priced packs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
I would be cautious of buying a really cheap lipo. Especially for a fast car. You usually get what you pay for. We get alot of lipo stuff direct from the factory in China and 99% of these dealers buy from a distributor. We could barely get a pack or cell that price at our cost with a decent C rating and over all good quality. It may seem better if you buy something like that because it is lighter and has a higher nominal voltage, but put it up to a good lipo and you will notice a huge difference. There are alot of little places popping out of the wood works these days selling cheap lipos and over rating them. Just beware and read up before you buy. I wrote this up below. Maybe it can help you.

A few Crawler battery buying tips
Ultraline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #7
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraline View Post
We run Dirt Oval Mod Sprint, batteries are awsome

Price is cheep not the batteries. These are the same cells used in many of so called high priced packs.

What are the high priced packs that use the same cells? What factory produces the cells?
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:15 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coligny View Post
Hem... you get your stuff from China ? these are made in China... certainly in the same factory...

Why paying more for a cuter sticker on the pack ?
Exactly , just go to Hobby City .com dude If you gonna buy Chinese get it more direct not after its been through 3-4 distributors or whatever you call them here is another Chinese Lipo link...

Two more things

#1 If you take your rigs very seriously then buy only US made (aren't they made in China too??) as far as ESC's go there is no better choice than US ...

#2 Weigh up the shipping cost on a pack over the price, if that beats your local dealers price then its your choice ...(unless you are one of those guys that firmly believes buying American will save your economy, in this case I believe it will only put a few more bucks in your local hobbies owners pocket since RC is such a small fraction in the financial state of your country). I am in Asia at the moment so I cant afford multiple US shipping fees etc.

Good Luck!
Alex
TheHeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote