Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 3rd channel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 05:38 AM   #1

Default 3rd channel

Hey,

Im interested in getting the RC4WD R2 dig setup, i have a Futaba 3pk with spektrum (sm1000 receiver i think?) and my question...i know i can use that third channel for dig but how do i control it?
Ive done quite a few searches on it it and not found much(i just did more searches then before i posted this)..

Thanks

Last edited by WK King; 08-08-2008 at 05:38 AM. Reason: spelling
WK King is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Have you tried just hooking up a servo and experimenting with endpoints? Don't hook it up to the dig yet just see if you can set the endpoints and get the servo to move in the corrrect sequence. (dig-freewheel-4wd and vice versa) Read the manual or find the manual online to learn how to change the endpoints and stuff.
tanmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:49 PM   #3

Ive got the manual and stuff i just odnt know how to use the 3rd channel?
I'll hvae a look later today..
Old 08-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #4

i had the same problem! you can only assign the 3rd channel to a dial, and i chose the trim dial "dt3"from the manual diagram. its simple:

1) go through the menus and find the word "dial"
2) after hitting the center button to enter the dial adjust screen, pick the dial you want to use and hit the + and - buttons until you get to the 3rd channel option
3) then make the cursor go to the right using the center button and hit the + and - buttons until you get to 3ps(3 position)

done!

i love my 3pks!
tallyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:13 PM   #5

Thanks heaps..Ive got a standard 3pk with spektrum, is it the same?...i just found a 4 channel radio that i can use instead...should i use the 4 channel or stay with my 3pk (i use it for racing 8th buggy so i can use either)
Old 08-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK King View Post
Thanks heaps..Ive got a standard 3pk with spektrum, is it the same?...i just found a 4 channel radio that i can use instead...should i use the 4 channel or stay with my 3pk (i use it for racing 8th buggy so i can use either)
i also use my radio primarily for 1/8 offroad. i like the idea of 1 radio for all of my rigs, if i have trouble with one receiver i can always replace it quickly so i won't have to worry about money or if my lhs has the correct one! its also easier to remember the features of one radio. i'm a very careful person with all of my equipment, so i don't worry about destroying my 3pks. i'm pretty sure that our radios are very similar, one of my 1/8 scale buddies has a 3pk and i think we have the same features, maybe some different menus?
tallyram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #7

Thanks, there have very similar features i think?
Im gonna use my 3pk