Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: glitching still!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default glitching still!!!

Ok I was having a problem with my crawler glitching a couple weeks ago when I put the aluminum wheels on so i swapped with a friend and that didnt fix it. Well I didnt mess with it for about a week and sunday I was looking and i did find a loose wire and got it fixed and now it seems to be better but still does it. I have tried moving the ESC, RX, the wires, everything. When it seems to do it is if I just barely give it gas in forward and it will sit there and glitch when I let off unless I just barely tap the reverse and then it quits. Another thing I have noticed is that when I am going forward real fast and let off the gas it rolls to a stop. But when I am going in full reverse and stop it stops really fast like the brakes on put on. I am thinking it is something in my ESC??
robert97dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2008, 09:39 AM   #2
Winner of the '07 RCC dumbass award!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert97dodge View Post
Ok I was having a problem with my crawler glitching a couple weeks ago when I put the aluminum wheels on so i swapped with a friend and that didnt fix it. Well I didnt mess with it for about a week and sunday I was looking and i did find a loose wire and got it fixed and now it seems to be better but still does it. I have tried moving the ESC, RX, the wires, everything. When it seems to do it is if I just barely give it gas in forward and it will sit there and glitch when I let off unless I just barely tap the reverse and then it quits. Another thing I have noticed is that when I am going forward real fast and let off the gas it rolls to a stop. But when I am going in full reverse and stop it stops really fast like the brakes on put on. I am thinking it is something in my ESC??

Check to make sure all connectors going to the radio are tight. Not just the plastic plugs, but the metal connectors themselves.

Also, sounds to me like you have your ESC wired to the motor backwards and are using the servo reversing function to correct it.

Swap the wires from the ESC to the motor. Then reverse the throttle on the transmitter.

Good luck!

WC
WheelChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 12:27 AM   #3
RCC Addict

just a thought

Installing Motor Capacitors
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 06:52 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Make sure your throttle trim is adjusted as well. Other than that and maybe trying to put some capacitors on it, I'm not sure what would help. All the glitch threads on here make me glad I go with the Spektrum radios. Glitches can make the rig do all kinds of strange things, and can end up getting parts broke, or even worse if the rig glitches and makes a bad jump off a ledge, so to me having the Spektrum is like having insurance. The DX3R is expensive, but it makes no sense to me to spend tons of $ on the rig and put a radio in it that could glitch and end up destroying the whole thing.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:01 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Strangely, I had a similar unkown glitching issue that just appeared out of nowhere. I have alum wheels...and run a DX6. I did re-lube my diffs, and the problem went away. VERY strange. I have heard that metal-to-metal contact can cause glitching. (I doubted this as a possibility). I cannot contest the fact that all I did was clean and lube, and the problem went away. I just cannot believe that this was the only change, and the problem is gone.

Last edited by xirtic; 08-13-2008 at 04:14 PM.
xirtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

More than one glitch had been caused by a bad servo or a motor, try another servo Robert.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I would also like to add, that extra voltage can cause glitching on the servos if you don't have a bec installed, i keep forgetting to put it in my Dabull tlt and run a 3s lipo into the sidewinder and 645 hitec, the rig glitches like crazy, i go down on the voltage or install the bec and it dissapears.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote