Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: rc18t cells

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #1

Question rc18t cells

hello all, my buddy is runnin a 7 cell 18t 1100mah pack, seems to work well. my ? is how many cells can i run? my esc says 7, but i thought maby since there small cells i could run more. there still 7.2 volt tho. any help would be helpful.
qwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

well a friend of mine is running a rooster crawler esc and it also says 7 cell is the max. And he's running 8 cells and has never had any problem. It would help if you wrote what kind electronics you are using. People will know a little more then.
Jkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

If its a rooster esc , 7 cells is the max. Many have run 8 cells but, you run the risk of overloading the esc.
toytech93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwad View Post
hello all, my buddy is runnin a 7 cell 18t 1100mah pack, seems to work well. my ? is how many cells can i run? my esc says 7, but i thought maby since there small cells i could run more. there still 7.2 volt tho. any help would be helpful.

A 7 cell is 8.4v.... Even though they are the small 2/3a cells, they are the same as a sub-c cell, voltage wise. Just cause its smaller doesn't mean it is putting out less. Just to be on the safe side I would not go over the max recommended cells per the ESC. I tried running a 7 cell battery on an LRP AI Runner (waterproof esc) and the max spec on that esc is 6 cell. Needless to say, it did not want to run the rig due to overvoltage of the esc. If you want more runtime, You can run 2 of them together in series(as long as they are the same rated cell and mah), and the voltage stays the same but it doubles the mah, which means longer runtime. I used to run 2 stock 18t packs (wired in series) on my crawler and it worked great. Alot of people run the smaller 2/3a cell packs on thier rigs due to size issues.
TONKA TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:59 PM   #5

sorry, LRP runner plus reverse, the new style waterproof one and 35t integy pro tuned motor. I had a 4600mah on it but i swaped out my trail chassis for my stock one for some reason last night and now im goin for CG. thanks for the info, im a newbie to the site but ive been a r/c'er for bout 14 or 15 years, only been crawlin bout a year tho lol.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:20 PM   #6

LOL, my packs are 6 cell, my buddy is runnin the 8.4 7 cell. i did however forget which is parallel and which is series, i also do car stereos so i should know. i thought one was +&+ and -&- at the plug, and one was a + from one pack and a - from the other pack and the other +&- together? if that makes any sence.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:47 PM   #7

ps. my esc is 6 cell max,,, sorry.:-(
Old 08-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

sometimes you can get away with running 1 more cell depending on the quality of the esc. As said above roosters will handle 1 more. Ai's are decent esc's so I would assume a 7 is ok on the 6 but I've never owned one. Just grab a 2 cell lipo and call it good!
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:22 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

wire in series explosive power their voltage is doubled need hd esc ,from battery plug going to lets say pack (a) the (-) from pack a to the (+) pack (b)the (-)from pack (b) out back to plug

wire in parallel, longer run time easy on the electronies from battery plug (+) 's to gether and the (-) together
flmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:22 PM   #10

well,,, im getin married in a month or so so $ it tight lol. i wana run 2 18t packs in a series but no one will tell me how. :-(
Old 08-23-2008, 09:25 PM   #11

series and paralell, i thought one was +&+ and -&- at the plug, and one was a + from one pack and a - from the other pack and the other +&- together? if that makes any sence.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:30 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

parallel, (+)'s together and (-)'s together

series, (-) to (+)
flmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:41 PM   #13

well, ima do that now, i'll let ya know, hope i dont fry nun
Old 08-24-2008, 12:49 AM   #14
support@rc4wd.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONKA TOY View Post
I tried running a 7 cell battery on an LRP AI Runner (waterproof esc) and the max spec on that esc is 6 cell. Needless to say, it did not want to run the rig due to overvoltage of the esc..
Ive been running an 8.4 in mine (on accident in the beginning) but, have never had problems so I said screw it and have ran it no probs I shouldnt but. Its a cheap ESC and the wheelspeed I gain is worth it
roborg5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:40 AM   #15

ya, my buddy's runnin the same esc and 7 cell is no problem. i wana lot with out spendin much,,, ya know, lol