Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum DX3, receiver questions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Spektrum DX3, receiver questions...

Hello all,

I was lucky enough to pick up a Spektrum DX3 radio today for a very reasonable price. Problem is that it does not come with receiver or servos.

My questions are regarding compatibility, am I looking for the SR3000 receiver only? I read that the SR3000 came in 4 models, is there a way to tell which one is correct?

Also wondering if I have to stick with the Spektrum servo's? My radio will be mainly used for an Axial ARTR with Novak Rooster Crawler/55T combo.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.
Prostreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2008, 01:04 AM   #2

It will work with any of the receivers spekrum makes but, some are made specifically for their radio modules that work with futaba, airteonics, etc radio's that have radio modules, I've heard that they can be used without problems, but the SR3000 would be your best bet since that is the specific receiver made for the radio. The servos are at your own discretion. Futaba or Hitech would be ideal.
odonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:34 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonx View Post
It will work with any of the receivers spekrum makes but, some are made specifically for their radio modules that work with futaba, airteonics, etc radio's that have radio modules, I've heard that they can be used without problems, but the SR3000 would be your best bet since that is the specific receiver made for the radio. The servos are at your own discretion. Futaba or Hitech would be ideal.
That’s not completely true the spektrum sr3100 is dsm2 technology and will not work with your dx3. But any of the dsm's will work for you dx3, the sr3000, sr3001, sr3500. I personally have a sr3000 on my rock crawler and it works great. The antenna can be cut down to 3.6 with some minor range loss, but who runs their rock crawler 100 yard away any ways. The sr3500 is nice because it is 1/3 the size of the sr3000 but it cost more. The sr3001 is faster by a few milliseconds but unless you are driving your rock crawler at 60mph it won’t make a difference. Look into eBay for the sr3000 most sell for about 50 or buy it new for 79.99
shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:50 AM   #4
MWRCA'er

The DSM reciever from the Losi Micro's also works. Used to be dirt cheap on ebay until people caught on.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Thank you for the information everyone, helps me out allot.
Prostreet is offline   Reply With Quote