Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: ax10 batteries?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #1

Default ax10 batteries?

I have an ax10 rtr and have been running it with the stick packs for a while. It runs decent but isn't as good as it could be at climbing steep faces. I was looking at the MaxAmps website and I'm not really sure what the best style would be. Any suggestions would be well apreciated. Thanks
Justin 3J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Try TCS Crawler website.They have split battery packs and they are really good.I have 2 from them.Then you can mount your saddle packs on your front axles.
CHRIZAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:32 PM   #3

what kind of runtimes do you get with those?
Old 09-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

It depends on the voltage and the amps that youre getting.I have elite 7.2 saddle packs and I have descent run time with this pack.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:08 PM   #5

sweet, oh and they're pretty cheap too, Thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Just get some axle battery mounts 2 piece to mount it on front axle and use your battery strap to hold it in place.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:18 AM   #7

I've got a shop around the corner who makes customs packs, that's great. I used a split pack with 3 2/3AA sized VTEC1600mAh NiMH cells per side, i've set the cells side by side and flat and mounted them with nylon straps directly on top of the axle, positioned left and right from the Diffbox and Servo. This gives the best CG, it's totally down to the Axle. Now i've extended to 7 cells by mounting cell #7 behind Servo as single, soldered inline the cable.

The easiest way is to buy sum Axle-Battery-Mounts from CKRC, TCS or such and a 2x3C Split Pack, there are cheap ones to get with Elite1500 Cells around 25USD. I drive that with a Integy 55T and Tazer 12T ESC around 20-40 minutes. The more you get stuck or climb hard - the faster the batteries go empty.

Next chance is Junfac's new Battery mount. It stacks a Stickpack inline on top of the Servo, it's looking like many TLT-Builts of the past.

Another way is a Thunder Tiger/Asso Pack for the ZK-2/ZT-2 1/18 Trucks. It has 6 Cells in 2/3AA size and fits on the Servo, mounted with Velcros or such. On my PTI Rig i got a 7-Cell 2/3AA Stick on Servo, it works great, too. Those are easy to get in not specialized RC-Shops.

On my first Axial (just to check if it works like i want it to) i mounted a standard rockcrawling Split-Pack with the Velcros of the stock Battery Mount:

Other guys mount 3 Cells on Servo and 3 on rear Servo-Plate, but then you have to setup add. weights so that the front axle weights more than rear.
XbanditoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:35 AM   #8

Sweet thanks, well I got the split packs and new servo mount on order from tcs.