Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Hobbycity servo's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 08:38 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
They also have the hextronix brand i think, which is the same as the 945 towerpro at around 7.95 es.
Yeah, I saw those but I've chewed up and spit out 4 of them in the past year! I finally (last night) put some EPAs on my radio so I'm hoping that this might extend the life of the ones I've got coming in
SeanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2008, 08:11 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

they changed the name because towerhobbies servo are called tower pro
mauromj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:31 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
You're calling other people illiterate yet you posted asking about an ESC with metal gears?

You seem to have all the answers so why don't you just buy it, wait a while for shipping, then hope you don't have a problem since the customer service will be almost non-existant.
Your wrong in so many ways! Hobby City rocks, an example, I ordered a LIPO charger, then I decided that I wanted a different LIPO charger, I E-mailed them and they said they would take care of it, some how the change on the order didn't get updated, they caught it by the time it was too late and had already been shipped, they told me that if I sent them $5 for shipping they would ship out the one I wanted, and I could have the one they already shipped. Also, keep in mind this went down on a Monday after noon, I told them that I had a event coming up and that I really needed it Friday night, they went ahead and shipped it express for no extra charge, it got here on that Thursday. Oh yeah, they tossed in a few servos and a cheapo ESC(which actually works great, and is in my 3d plane) for taking up my time.
Anything else I have ordered always comes in with in a week.

I'm not saying you shouldn't support the RCC vendors, I just don't like other vendors getting a bad rap when they did nothing to get it.

BTW, I ordered the HD-9150MG it should be here Monday, I'll let you know how it works, I've had alot of good luck with Tower/d Pro servos in the past, so I don't have any reason to doubt it.... yet.

-Shaun
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #24
RCC Addict

the hxt are a non-export quality servo from the same mfg as towerpro they are decent. but if you strain them too much they fry ive gone through 3 of them lately one died during a comp and was running my DIG.... bummed...

hobbycity is a great resource for airplane/heli guys(which i am too) but for crawlers stick to some whole hearted stuff when it comes to servos like the hs 5955 79** etc and even the 645 has similar oz in as the hxt 12k'setc and will last you a whole lot longer....

spend 7.95 each now or 40-100 bucks on one ONCE.
ive learned this the hard way

- tre
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:49 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Your wrong in so many ways! Hobby City rocks, an example, I ordered a LIPO charger, then I decided that I wanted a different LIPO charger, I E-mailed them and they said they would take care of it, some how the change on the order didn't get updated, they caught it by the time it was too late and had already been shipped, they told me that if I sent them $5 for shipping they would ship out the one I wanted, and I could have the one they already shipped. Also, keep in mind this went down on a Monday after noon, I told them that I had a event coming up and that I really needed it Friday night, they went ahead and shipped it express for no extra charge, it got here on that Thursday. Oh yeah, they tossed in a few servos and a cheapo ESC(which actually works great, and is in my 3d plane) for taking up my time.
Anything else I have ordered always comes in with in a week.

I'm not saying you shouldn't support the RCC vendors, I just don't like other vendors getting a bad rap when they did nothing to get it.

BTW, I ordered the HD-9150MG it should be here Monday, I'll let you know how it works, I've had alot of good luck with Tower/d Pro servos in the past, so I don't have any reason to doubt it.... yet.

-Shaun

Well trust me you got lucky there x10 ...
I have to agree Hobby City has zero customer service and they do make a half heated attempt after they mess right up and somehow patch things up ...but WTH with those prices who needs customer service

In my case first order was so poorly packed that the charger included ended up getting damaged and was not working ,very lucky the two LiPos got only slightly marked didn't get damaged or worse burned down some Post Office on the way here ...Hobby City replied with ;send it all back at your own expense and wait on another two weeks until we process it all
and send it back again at you expense ...

A month down the road order #2 and they send me two different motors when I ordered two of the same kind of motor so i was freakin ready to go to Hong Kong to to make some stir fry ....but oh well ended up sellin the mistakes and even made a profit .

So at the end of the day ,Hobby City how can you go wrong with prices like those??? They can afford to have next to zero service f%&ck you over on a number of occasions and still keep you comin back for more now thats smart business
TheHeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote