Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Moped ESC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #1

Default Moped ESC

I'm having problems with my Moped ESC, I just got it and first time out after 3 or 4 min it shutsdown. Wait a min turn it back on it works for 2 or 3 more min then shutsdown again.

I'm running a single 75 turn lathe motor and a 6 cell battery pack in a maxx based crawler with dual steering, I also have geared as low as I can using a Maxx tranny with a 72 tooth spur and a 8 tooth pinion.

Also this was just driving a run my yard no crawling.

Has anyone had problems with the Moped esc or do I have a dud.
Maxxing out is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I think its over heating and shutting off for thermal. you need a castle B.E.C and a nicer esc because i think the maxx requires to much from the esc because of its size. but you really need a castle B.E.C because of the 2 servos no mater what.
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

actually even though it isn't ideal the moped can handle 2 lathes and 2 servos ok. I know alot of guys used to run the moped in there super clods (I was one of them) with no problems. Is your timing set to zero on the motor? It does sound like it is thermaling but that is odd for it to do it with a 75t motor. I have seen this happen with anything hotter than a stock 27t but never with 45t and up. FH might be right. What servo's are you running? If they are 5955's or equal that might be the problem. Disconnect the servo's from your reciever and see if it still does it. If that solves the problem just get an external BEC and you should be fine.

Last edited by bigflex; 09-16-2008 at 11:51 PM.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #4

Default C.c Bec

I hook up a rx pack, and disabled the moped bec ( pulled out the red wire from the plug )
everything worked fine.
So i'm woundering if I use a C.C BEC that would take all the stress off the Moped ? so could I then go to a 7 cell pack with no worrys ?
Its on a maxx crawler with a single 75 turn motor, Looking to get longer run times and a little extra power to keep everything moving.

A better ESC is not in the Buget right now.

Running a 1/8 nitro buggy and a truggy and now a crawler is killing my bank account :-(
Old 09-19-2008, 12:06 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxing out View Post
I hook up a rx pack, and disabled the moped bec ( pulled out the red wire from the plug )
everything worked fine.
So i'm woundering if I use a C.C BEC that would take all the stress off the Moped ? so could I then go to a 7 cell pack with no worrys ?
Its on a maxx crawler with a single 75 turn motor, Looking to get longer run times and a little extra power to keep everything moving.

A better ESC is not in the Buget right now.

Running a 1/8 nitro buggy and a truggy is killing my bank account :-(
fixed it for you! I have heard mixed emotions on running 7cells on mopeds. I myself have never done it, but some have.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:22 PM   #6

Default Ok

Hhmmm...

maybe I stick to a 6 cell pack and call it good until I can upgrade to something better.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2008, 08:22 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I've been running 7 cells off my moped pushing 2 65 turn motors without trouble for months. Also running 2 servos without a seperate BEC on my 2.2 clod.
3-UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:11 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

The problem seems to be the buggy and truggy. Get rid of them and the problem will go away haha
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote