Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #201
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
ok harley you talked me into a 4pk, got set it up and love it. Sensor is in the closet as a back up, DX3r and the two 3100,s going on the market. My big question today is have you tried to bind the 4pk with the spectrum recievers?
I have not tried but I am 99% positive that they will not bind with them. I am glad we got you to pick the TX up. I hope it works for everything you are looking for. If you don't know or can't find a way how I am sure one of us can help out
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
The pack voltage seems to drop off the peak voltage fairly quick but seems to slow after that. I probably get at least 4 hours out of mine. You can get the Trinity upgrade pack which will extend the runtime and make the radio about 6 grams lighter.

I am working on a Lipo pack mod right now too
There are 3 volt Lithium based batteries on the market. They are not LiPo though.

I am able to run my MRC (stock batt) and my 2.2 (4 1300's) on a single radio charge. When I charge my radio, I know it is done when the pack gets slightly warm, you can feel it through the plastic. If it is not warm, it is not charged fully, remember, we are using Nimh again, pack voltage does not necessarily mean state of charge.

Assume for a minute that you are able to use 100% of the transmitter battery capacity, 1700mAh. Page 121 of your manual states that the current drain is 250mA or less. Ok, math time now.

1700mAh/250mA=6.8 hours

Like Harley said, the voltage drops from 7.2 ish fairly rapidly, it will stabilize and hold in the 6 volt range for a while.

Disclaimer: you will not get 6.8 hours, you can use roughly 80% of the pack capacity, and the backlight and contrast will most likely affect the current drain of the battery. Also if you use the radio in a "noisy" environment, the FASST technology will more than likely be working harder, increasing the current drain further.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #203
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
There are 3 volt Lithium based batteries on the market. They are not LiPo though.
I have a 2s 2000 pack that I will be setting up with a Castle BEC and a LVA. Just a fun little experiment. There is plenty of room in the bottom and it will be a nice weight savings.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:23 PM   #204
Pebble Pounder

count me in on a 4pk
BL44ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:25 PM   #205
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL44ST View Post
count me in on a 4pk
Just tell me you were running Spektrum before so I can do my little victory dance and sing "another on bites the dust" to myself in my head
Old 03-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #206

Quote:
I have a 2s 2000 pack that I will be setting up with a Castle BEC and a LVA. Just a fun little experiment. There is plenty of room in the bottom and it will be a nice weight savings.
I was thinking that you would use those components. Please make sure the you monitor the temperature of the BEC during initial testing, I would have for something bad to happen. Only reason I mention it, is not because of the current draw or the fact that the Castle BEC is a linear voltage regulator, but that you are putting them in a fully enclosed environment. If you really want to do something cool, we could get together, figure out exaclty what we need to accomplish, design a component(s), and I can run a thermal simulation. I can tell you, within a degree, what the battery compartment temperature will be.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #207
20K Club

Quote:
I was thinking that you would use those components. Please make sure the you monitor the temperature of the BEC during initial testing, I would have for something bad to happen. Only reason I mention it, is not because of the current draw or the fact that the Castle BEC is a linear voltage regulator, but that you are putting them in a fully enclosed environment. If you really want to do something cool, we could get together, figure out exaclty what we need to accomplish, design a component(s), and I can run a thermal simulation. I can tell you, within a degree, what the battery compartment temperature will be.
Speed holes in the battery cover
Old 03-07-2009, 11:52 PM   #208

Quote:
Speed holes in the battery cover
Fan!

http://www.eagletechcomputers.com/20lapcoolfan.html

Imagine the crazy looks we'll get when they hear a fan spinning up in out radios!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #209
20K Club

Quote:
Fan!

http://www.eagletechcomputers.com/20lapcoolfan.html

Imagine the crazy looks we'll get when they hear a fan spinning up in out radios!
HAHA! My weight saving idea is starting to diminish
Old 03-08-2009, 12:00 AM   #210

Quote:
HAHA! My weight saving idea is starting to diminish
We can have the fan oriented to produce lift
Old 03-08-2009, 12:01 AM   #211
20K Club

Quote:
We can have the fan oriented to produce lift
We are gonna need a gyro too............
Old 03-08-2009, 12:04 AM   #212

Quote:
We are gonna need a gyro too............
Lol, you're crazy man
Old 03-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #213
RCC Addict

I reset the speedos, reset my subtrims to 0 and reprogrammed the speedos for a second time and now they work fine. I will check my mesh in each axle before Omaha, but looking good so far.

Is it possible to change the value (negative I think) so that you can never have the rear tires going backwards when you are mixing channels 3/4?
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #214
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
I reset the speedos, reset my subtrims to 0 and reprogrammed the speedos for a second time and now they work fine. I will check my mesh in each axle before Omaha, but looking good so far.

Is it possible to change the value (negative I think) so that you can never have the rear tires going backwards when you are mixing channels 3/4?
I will look into the negative question. One thing I have found though is that I rarely ever go below 50% mix. Let me see what I can figure out.

^^^^5000th Post
Old 03-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #215
Pebble Pounder

do your victory dance lol.... dx3r = garbage..... thanks to whoodie i have a sick a$$ radio... its all your fault!

Quote:
Just tell me you were running Spektrum before so I can do my little victory dance and sing "another on bites the dust" to myself in my head
BL44ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #216
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL44ST View Post
do your victory dance lol.... dx3r = garbage..... thanks to whoodie i have a sick a$$ radio... its all your fault!
+1 for the home team
Old 03-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post

I dunno about the negative either, similar to Harley, I never go below 60% mix. I don't use the wheels so it is easier for me to keep track of where I am at without looking at the screen.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #218
20K Club

Quote:
I dunno about the negative either, similar to Harley, I never go below 60% mix. I don't use the wheels so it is easier for me to keep track of where I am at without looking at the screen.
Do you use the top knob?
Old 03-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #219

Quote:
Do you use the top knob?
Nope, I use a digital trim.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:33 AM   #220
Rock Crawler

I just bought some new mini clod axles and have a couple questions about the setup of my 3PK with the dual ESC setup.

1. is there any way to do an on the fly negative mix? (for spinning the rear wheels backwards while the fronts go forwards) this could be helpful when turning around in limited space.

2. Is there a way to use the dial on top of the radio (DL3) or a switch some where to control rear dig? I don't like the fact that the front wheels would turn while doing a rear dig. maybe it's doable without pulling the trigger?

Thanks
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM