Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #321
Quarry Creeper

thanks as always the good info never ends..
samaruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #322
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
By request of a few people here is a really quick wiring diagram. Sorry for the quality, when printing from CAD it screwed up my line weights.

I will try and get a better one loaded up soon.

Sorry for the ENOURMOUS size! I made the link clickable now.

http://www.harleydesigns.com/images/wiring_4pk.jpg

Why plug the bec into channel 2 rather than Batt? I'm running a 3pk (need 4pk; rear dig sucks) and I plugged into batt and seems to work fine. Also would it help anything to splice the bec red and servo red together bypassing the reciever? Could a esc bec power the reciever in that case? Thanks for your help! All this electric stuff is above me.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #323
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
Why plug the bec into channel 2 rather than Batt? I'm running a 3pk (need 4pk; rear dig sucks) and I plugged into batt and seems to work fine. Also would it help anything to splice the bec red and servo red together bypassing the reciever? Could a esc bec power the reciever in that case? Thanks for your help! All this electric stuff is above me.
that's how I wired mine...CC BEC hard wired with + and - right to the servo and the signal wire only on the RX....I had lots of wired electrical issues before I wired mine this way..*make sure you leave your CC BEC end intact..that way you can still adjust the volts if need be.

I wired mine like the Sticky shows..

lots of different wiring diagrams here in the sticky..
Definitive wiring diagrams for BECs Rx Servos Motors etc.

Last edited by 53 willys; 07-17-2009 at 05:11 PM.
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #324
20K Club

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53 willys View Post
that's how I wired mine...CC BEC hard wired with + and - right to the servo and the signal wire only on the RX....I had lots of wired electrical issues before I wired mine tghis way..

You have to put the BEC in channel 2 of the 4PK RX because of the way the rear dig is programmed. The Batt plug is also the 4ch plug on the 4PK RX's.

There is no need to wire the BEC direct unless you are running a lot of current, such as 2 high power servos. My 425oz servo runs great through the RX. Makes wiring cleaner
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #325
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

There is no need to wire the BEC direct unless you are running a lot of current, such as 2 high power servos. My 425oz servo runs great through the RX. Makes wiring cleaner
hmm thats good to know...I had lots of issues with my Spektrum stuff....so I just wired my 4pk like that to be safe...thanks for the tip bud.
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:11 PM   #326
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You have to put the BEC in channel 2 of the 4PK RX because of the way the rear dig is programmed. The Batt plug is also the 4ch plug on the 4PK RX's.

Wow! How would ya run channel 4 on a Nitro with a batt pac or even a puck and rear steer with bec?

Kool! My 7955 doesn't seem to have much but the 9100t was better, got a 8711 to try.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #327
20K Club

Quote:
Kool! My 7955 doesn't seem to have much but the 9100t was better, got a 8711 to try.
There are some instances where wiring the BEC direct to the servos is needed but when I can keep it simple and avoid it I do.

As for the nitro stuff.........never owned or ran a nitro so I don't know all the requirements.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #328
Im Brandon

Anybody considering a 4pk but don't want to spend the $$ Check this out: Futaba 3PM-MX Crawling Radio - Info and setups
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:13 PM   #329
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I finally picked up a 4PK, thanks for all the great info in this thread Josh.
chip cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #330
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip cross View Post
I finally picked up a 4PK, thanks for all the great info in this thread Josh.
Awesome Chip If you have any questions you know my number.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:01 AM   #331
Quarry Creeper

I havn't gotten my rig yet, will be building a havok bully roller with dual fxr's and a cs-170 servo. I am confused as to what the cc bec is for. At first I thought it was some kind of protection device, to keep the electronics from using too much power, but it seems more to be an additional source of power. To wire up your servo. But in your diagram and explanations it says to wire it to the channel 2 on the rx. What does that accomplish? Is it powering the rx? I am confused as to whether or not I even need one.
mhuffman_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:09 AM   #332
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffman_81 View Post
I havn't gotten my rig yet, will be building a havok bully roller with dual fxr's and a cs-170 servo. I am confused as to what the cc bec is for. At first I thought it was some kind of protection device, to keep the electronics from using too much power, but it seems more to be an additional source of power. To wire up your servo. But in your diagram and explanations it says to wire it to the channel 2 on the rx. What does that accomplish? Is it powering the rx? I am confused as to whether or not I even need one.
There lots of threads on BEC's just search for detailed explanations. BAsically it supplies apperage at a specified voltage. You WILL need one for running a CS170.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:36 AM   #333
Quarry Creeper

I have searched and that is why I'm confused, most people have it hooked up to the servo. But your explanation says to go to channel 2 not the servo. It also depends on what parts you are running, 1 esc, 2 esc's, dig, more than 1 servo, I understand all that, but your wiring diagram says to go to channel 2, and now your above post says that I need it for the servo. So does it get wired up like most of the explanations on this forum, by going to the servo? Or because this is a 4pk, will it go to the channel 2 on reciever?

Thanks
Old 07-24-2009, 11:56 AM   #334
20K Club

I see your confusion. You can wire it direct to the servo but I have not found a problem with this method, plus its easier.

It doesn't matter what slot in the RX, it just feeds power into the RX. The servo will pull power through there. Just remember to remove the power from the ESC's.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #335

All of the negative terminals are connected, as are the positive terminals. The BEC is providing power to the servo, ESC and Rx for them to run. It does not matter what channel you plug it into, you can even splice the red and black wires to any of the servo or ESC wires. The reason both Harley and I have the BEC connected to channel 2 is that we don't like splicing wires, and it is the only available spot left;

Ch.1 = steering
Ch. 3 = front ESC
Ch. 4 = rear ESC

You will need to remove (remove the pin from the connector, do not cut the wire, you will need to reinstall it to program the BEC) the orange wire from the BEC plug, as with Futaba systems this will cause the system to not function.

Let us know if you need any more help

Quote:
I have searched and that is why I'm confused, most people have it hooked up to the servo. But your explanation says to go to channel 2 not the servo. It also depends on what parts you are running, 1 esc, 2 esc's, dig, more than 1 servo, I understand all that, but your wiring diagram says to go to channel 2, and now your above post says that I need it for the servo. So does it get wired up like most of the explanations on this forum, by going to the servo? Or because this is a 4pk, will it go to the channel 2 on reciever?

Thanks
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:40 PM   #336
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I see your confusion. You can wire it direct to the servo but I have not found a problem with this method, plus its easier.

It doesn't matter what slot in the RX, it just feeds power into the RX. The servo will pull power through there. Just remember to remove the power from the ESC's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
All of the negative terminals are connected, as are the positive terminals. The BEC is providing power to the servo, ESC and Rx for them to run. It does not matter what channel you plug it into, you can even splice the red and black wires to any of the servo or ESC wires. The reason both Harley and I have the BEC connected to channel 2 is that we don't like splicing wires, and it is the only available spot left;

Ch.1 = steering
Ch. 3 = front ESC
Ch. 4 = rear ESC

You will need to remove (remove the pin from the connector, do not cut the wire, you will need to reinstall it to program the BEC) the orange wire from the BEC plug, as with Futaba systems this will cause the system to not function.

Let us know if you need any more help
Ok thank you both, I understand now, why don't you use the b/c slot on the rx? I asked another question in another thread about wiring, and what the b/c spot was. I was told that it is a battery connect, so if all the pos and neg terminals are connected couldn't you use that spot on the rx for the bec as well and leave channel 2 open for something else, maybe lights?

Thanks again you both have cleared up my confusion.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #337
20K Club

Quote:
Ok thank you both, I understand now, why don't you use the b/c slot on the rx? I asked another question in another thread about wiring, and what the b/c spot was. I was told that it is a battery connect, so if all the pos and neg terminals are connected couldn't you use that spot on the rx for the bec as well and leave channel 2 open for something else, maybe lights?

Thanks again you both have cleared up my confusion.
Normally yes but the 4PK RX only has 4 spots which are used for channels 1-4. It doesn't have an extra spot like most RX's for a BEC (most 3 channel RX's have 4 spots, 3 for channels 1-3 and one for the B/C).
Old 07-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #338
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Normally yes but the 4PK RX only has 4 spots which are used for channels 1-4. It doesn't have an extra spot like most RX's for a BEC (most 3 channel RX's have 4 spots, 3 for channels 1-3 and one for the B/C).
Oh ok, I was mistaken then I looked up the 4pk and what rx comes with it and looked up that rx and the photo shows a b/c, plus channels 1-4. The Futaba site says the 4pk comes with this rx R604FS and when I navigate to the info on that rx the pic shows 5 connections. Here is the link with the photo of that rx. http://2.4gigahertz.com/receivers/futl7634b.jpg

Thanks again, don't mean to contradict you, just getting different info from the futaba site. I really appreciate your help and your info in this forum is great, can't wait to get my radio and start messing around with it.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #339
20K Club

Quote:
Oh ok, I was mistaken then I looked up the 4pk and what rx comes with it and looked up that rx and the photo shows a b/c, plus channels 1-4. The Futaba site says the 4pk comes with this rx R604FS and when I navigate to the info on that rx the pic shows 5 connections. Here is the link with the photo of that rx. http://2.4gigahertz.com/receivers/futl7634b.jpg

Thanks again, don't mean to contradict you, just getting different info from the futaba site. I really appreciate your help and your info in this forum is great, can't wait to get my radio and start messing around with it.
No problem at all, now you have me wondering too though........
Old 07-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #340
Quarry Creeper

Maybe they have upgraded to a new rx since the 4pk they sent you.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM