Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 10:23 PM   #41
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
no i'm not using a 2nd condition. The switches will turn on or off the mix it is programmed to. i.e. switch 1 will activat or deactivatee the mix between ch 2 and 3. switch 2 will activate or deactivatethe mix between ch 2 and 4. channel 2 acts as the master for both mix 1 and 2. so if ou hit switch 1, mix 1 is deactivated and ou have 2wd. hit switch 2 and you deactivate mix 2. so each mix is independent, and you have your ESC connected to ch 3 and 4 on the rx. if you want to dig, you hit one button.
I might have to have you type out the settings you are using.

Do you lose the ability to have variable rear mix? As in driving with 100% front 60% rear?
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Great write-up! I have a 3PK and like it a lot. It has just about all the features that the 4PK does, less the extra channel, and maybe some other little do-dads. These are really nice radios. I've switched the Futaba camp and will probably never go back.
Espeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 06:16 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I might have to have you type out the settings you are using.

Do you lose the ability to have variable rear mix? As in driving with 100% front 60% rear?
Yeah sure, give me until tonight though and I'll share my menu settings. Last night I don't know if I was making myself clear (been working really long hours lately and was tired) but to dig the rear axle you hit a button, to dig the front axle you hit different button. You can still adjust the proportionality between the front and rear axle, i.e. have one axle lead or lag the other.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #44

Ok, in the pmix 1 menu

FWRD: +100
BRAK: +100
MST: TH
SLV: CH3
MODE: ACT
OFST: 0
MXMD: MIX
TRIM: OFF

PMIX 2 menu

SLV: CH4

Buttons

PS1: PROG MIX1 / ALT
PS2: PROG MIX2 / ALT
PS3: OFF

DL1: OFF
DL2: OFF
DL3: PM1-B: 10 / NOR

Hope this helps.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #45
20K Club

Thanks a lot whoodie. I wasn't quite grasping the concept turning them both on for 4WD and killing each ESC individually then.

Works well

Another great way to run with Dual ESC's.

Quote:
Ok, in the pmix 1 menu

SLV: CH3

PMIX 2 menu

SLV: CH4

Buttons

PS1: PROG MIX1 / ALT
PS2: PROG MIX2 / ALT
PS3: OFF

DL1: OFF
DL3: PM1-B: 10 / NOR

Hope this helps.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #46
20K Club

One VERY small thing I like to change about your setup Whoodie. I like to run to very the rear ESC's mix instead of the fronts. I also prefer to run it on DL2

DL1: PM2-B: 10 / NOR
DL3: OFF
Old 01-03-2009, 09:44 PM   #47

Quote:
One VERY small thing I like to change about your setup Whoodie. I like to run to very the rear ESC's mix instead of the fronts. I also prefer to run it on DL2

DL1: PM2-B: 10 / NOR
DL3: OFF
Yeah as I said earlier, I have not received my second FXR so I have not had a chance to tweak on it
Old 01-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #48
20K Club

Quote:
Yeah as I said earlier, I have not received my second FXR so I have not had a chance to tweak on it
You will love it when you get a chance to run it. Never had a rig that I felt I could control so easily.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #49
varcor.org

Harley, great write up. I got my 4PK Friday and just finished up programing it. Love the control you get on climbs with the rear ESC control.

Now I want to try whoodie's setup since you verified you don't lose the proportional control of the rear ESC. Now, if I plug the front ESC to the 3rd channel and the rear ESC to the 4th control, then where do you plug the CC BEC to? Or do you just let the ESC power the servo? Or order that optional piece from Futaba for the 4ch/bat?
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #50
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by swell searcher View Post
Harley, great write up. I got my 4PK Friday and just finished up programing it. Love the control you get on climbs with the rear ESC control.

Now I want to try whoodie's setup since you verified you don't lose the proportional control of the rear ESC. Now, if I plug the front ESC to the 3rd channel and the rear ESC to the 4th control, then where do you plug the CC BEC to? Or do you just let the ESC power the servo? Or order that optional piece from Futaba for the 4ch/bat?

With whoodies setup you will need to direct wire the CCBEC.

This is what I sugest:
Go buy a Y-harness with a female input and 2 male outputs. You will need to take one of the males ends off and replace it with another female. This is very easy to do with a hobby knife.

Plug the servo into the input side, and make the red and black wires go to the other female. The signal; wire goes to the male side.

You will plug the CCBEC into the Y-harness to power JUST the servo.

You need to reinstall the Power wire of ESC's to plug into the RX (just one will do but I do both).

I just scanned this picture out of my RCDriver Crawler issue.

BUT, they forgot to reinstall the power wire to the RX!

I know this is confusing and if you need pictures I can go get them from my Berg.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Awsome thread!! MODS I VOTE STICKY PLEASE!!!

I have been wanting a 4PK but was unsure of if it would be able to do what I wanted it to do. This thread has answered my questions, I will be getting one fore sure now. I love the idea of a variable speed winch. And if I am correct from my reading, not only are the 3rd 4th channels able to be programmed as 3 position switches (subject to the button/switch dial assigned) but up to 200 positions!!!!! Not to mention that any button,switch and or dial can be programmed!!!! Did I read that right? Cuase if so, I willl have to retire my 3pm to my son and upgrade!! Thanks for the great write up Harley
FUTABA FOR LIFE!!!
-Mike
ElChupoCabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #52
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElChupoCabre View Post
Awsome thread!! MODS I VOTE STICKY PLEASE!!!

I have been wanting a 4PK but was unsure of if it would be able to do what I wanted it to do. This thread has answered my questions, I will be getting one fore sure now. I love the idea of a variable speed winch. And if I am correct from my reading, not only are the 3rd 4th channels able to be programmed as 3 position switches (subject to the button/switch dial assigned) but up to 200 positions!!!!! Not to mention that any button,switch and or dial can be programmed!!!! Did I read that right? Cuase if so, I willl have to retire my 3pm to my son and upgrade!! Thanks for the great write up Harley
FUTABA FOR LIFE!!!
-Mike

Yup, the 3rd and 4th channels are variable from 2-200 positions. If you can figure out a way to use all the features then I'll buy you a beer
Old 01-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #53
varcor.org

Quote:
With whoodies setup you will need to direct wire the CCBEC.

This is what I sugest:
Go buy a Y-harness with a female input and 2 male outputs. You will need to take one of the males ends off and replace it with another female. This is very easy to do with a hobby knife.

Plug the servo into the input side, and make the red and black wires go to the other female. The signal; wire goes to the male side.

You will plug the CCBEC into the Y-harness to power JUST the servo.

You need to reinstall the Power wire of ESC's to plug into the RX (just one will do but I do both).
Thanks Harley. I was thinking the same thing when I was at the LHS but they didn't have a Y-harness in stock. I already did this setup on my other berg.
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by swell searcher View Post
...Now, if I plug the front ESC to the 3rd channel and the rear ESC to the 4th control, then where do you plug the CC BEC to? Or do you just let the ESC power the servo? Or order that optional piece from Futaba for the 4ch/bat?
Can't you just plug the BEC into the vacant CH2 slot?
jakepkoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #55
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakepkoe View Post
Can't you just plug the BEC into the vacant CH2 slot?
That is something I am not sure on either, I didn't do it because I already had BEC wired up the other way.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:33 AM   #56

Take the signal wire out of the BEC RX plug and plug it into any available slot on the RX. I would recommend not cutting the signal wire, you will not be able to program it without it.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #57
RCC Addict

So I think I must be slow....or at least have a stupid question but this radio allows you to have front and rear steer and front and rear dig just like a DX6 correct??
clarkrw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
So I think I must be slow....or at least have a stupid question but this radio allows you to have front and rear steer and front and rear dig just like a DX6 correct??
Yes, it is a 4 channel radio.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:36 PM   #59
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
Yup, I plan on doing it soon too.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:29 PM   #60
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I stayed away from this thread before getting the radio, and messed around for an hour or so today. I found and programmed the exact same things you guys did

First I changed the functions to level 3 control--
Jog wheel-->
*menu-T-->
Select Type >level3
Select Exec -- Push + & -

Then I went back a screen (end) and now you can use the + and - buttons to select two whole screens of programming features. I set up mix 1 on the grip button to give front dig, one of the dials to control my rear wheel trim, and the other dial for front trim.

I am officially done with stick radios for comp use I think, so far I am very impressed with the control I have with the dial and button.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM