Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #841
Quarry Creeper

Default 3PK, Berg, Torquemaster and the Punk Dig +2

I'm a little confused. Actually have been most of my life! This is my first crawler. I have just completed the build and everything is wired: Two 45T cheap brushed motors (RC4WD), Holmes Torquemaster, and a Punk Dig +2. For the time being I will be using a 3S 2200mAh LiPo glommed from one of my helis...waiting for two bats to come from the Krawler Hobbies 20% off deal.

I have programmed nothing and have yet to throw power to anything. What I'm trying to say here is how to get ch3 on the 3PK to do it's thing for me. I have gone over several of your vids but keep getting insecure feelings because they are focused on the 4PK. For the time being, getting the ch3 knob on the right side of the TX to go three way is all I'm after: Center off, left rear, right front or something like that. Utimately I'm reluctant to do anything due to a lack of documentation on the Punk Dig.

Hope I've explained myself well enough!
Knarly Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #842
20K Club

This is exactly what you need: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailrotorblade View Post
I'm a little confused. Actually have been most of my life! This is my first crawler. I have just completed the build and everything is wired: Two 45T cheap brushed motors (RC4WD), Holmes Torquemaster, and a Punk Dig +2. For the time being I will be using a 3S 2200mAh LiPo glommed from one of my helis...waiting for two bats to come from the Krawler Hobbies 20% off deal.

I have programmed nothing and have yet to throw power to anything. What I'm trying to say here is how to get ch3 on the 3PK to do it's thing for me. I have gone over several of your vids but keep getting insecure feelings because they are focused on the 4PK. For the time being, getting the ch3 knob on the right side of the TX to go three way is all I'm after: Center off, left rear, right front or something like that. Utimately I'm reluctant to do anything due to a lack of documentation on the Punk Dig.

Hope I've explained myself well enough!
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #843
Quarry Creeper

Good deal! That seems easy enough. Sometimes it takes a smack in the face to get me going. Do you have any idea how much EPA will be needed to actuate the Punk Dig? It's easy enough to experiment but am curious if there is a good value to start with. 5 seems low but this is not a "mechanical" switch so maybe it is enough.

Thanks again.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #844
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailrotorblade View Post
Good deal! That seems easy enough. Sometimes it takes a smack in the face to get me going. Do you have any idea how much EPA will be needed to actuate the Punk Dig? It's easy enough to experiment but am curious if there is a good value to start with. 5 seems low but this is not a "mechanical" switch so maybe it is enough.

Thanks again.
I believe for the Punk dig you need to keep it at 100%
Old 05-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #845
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I believe for the Punk dig you need to keep it at 100%
Got it. I think I will start at 75 and work my way up.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:51 AM   #846
Rock Crawler

Hardly,
I just switched to the new MOA setup. Works great.
Thanks
J
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:54 AM   #847
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg53 View Post
Hardly,
I just switched to the new MOA setup. Works great.
Thanks
J
Slacker... Took you that long?
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:26 AM   #848
Quarry Creeper

Hey ,,been using your setups for a while now ,First the 3pos dig setup and now the original moa setup ,havent switched to the new setup yet .

Your setup instructions and vids are awesome ,makes life a lot easier .

I have a question about the new moa setup on a super .
I didnt see this anywhere but with the new setup can we have front and rear dig as well as the 4ws on a super ?
I just got my super juice up and running and I'm wondering if it would be better to set it up with 4ws or front and rear dig instead .
Or both if possible .
Crawler Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #849
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Cummins View Post
Hey ,,been using your setups for a while now ,First the 3pos dig setup and now the original moa setup ,havent switched to the new setup yet .

Your setup instructions and vids are awesome ,makes life a lot easier .

I have a question about the new moa setup on a super .
I didnt see this anywhere but with the new setup can we have front and rear dig as well as the 4ws on a super ?
I just got my super juice up and running and I'm wondering if it would be better to set it up with 4ws or front and rear dig instead .
Or both if possible .
With the new super setup you can have front and rear dig as well as 4WS. You just have to control the 4WS independantly with Dials. Just setup one of the DT's or DL's to CH 4 and set the step value to about 20. You can adjust the step value to what you feel comfortable with but 20 seems about perfect.

And of course if you need more detailed instructions just yell and I'll get them posted ASAP with either pictures or video.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #850
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
With the new super setup you can have front and rear dig as well as 4WS. You just have to control the 4WS independantly with Dials. Just setup one of the DT's or DL's to CH 4 and set the step value to about 20. You can adjust the step value to what you feel comfortable with but 20 seems about perfect.

And of course if you need more detailed instructions just yell and I'll get them posted ASAP with either pictures or video.
Pics or vid would be great ,,I'll mess with it myself until then ,see if I can get it setup .
Thanks again .
Crawler Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #851
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Cummins View Post
Pics or vid would be great ,,I'll mess with it myself until then ,see if I can get it setup .
Thanks again .
I already have it programmed, I may be able to shoot a quick video over lunch and upload it from my phone since my radio is in my Jeep.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #852
Pebble Pounder

I have recently set up my creeper with rear steering and followed the setup link from the first page. The problem i am having is when I am in front steer only and i turn to the left the rear wheels turn slightly aswell (crab direction) so it is fighting me. It only does it to the left. And how do I set up rear steer only. Thanks Much!
Jay2380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 AM   #853
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay2380 View Post
I have recently set up my creeper with rear steering and followed the setup link from the first page. The problem i am having is when I am in front steer only and i turn to the left the rear wheels turn slightly aswell (crab direction) so it is fighting me. It only does it to the left. And how do I set up rear steer only. Thanks Much!
It sounds like you have some mixing that isn't turning off. Does the 4th bar on the display move with respect to how you are seeing the rear wheels turn?

I would clear the model memory and start fresh.

As far as independant rear steer. Go to the Dial menu, set up one of the DT buttons to Ch4 with a 20 point step value. You can then control the rear steer independantly using the DT button you assigned.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #854
20K Club

This is a new super class setup. The video goes through how to program it step by step. If you have any tweaks you would like to see then let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY26rfFwlio
Old 06-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #855
RCC Addict

Recently ordered up a 4PK from Corey @ rpphobby.com. I cannot tell you how helpful this thread has been, I have programmed many other radios, but without this thread for the 4PK, I would be insanely lost. Looking forward to learning more about the radio. Just gotta wire up the berg, and play with the badass features this radio offers. I must say, you can thank axial for coming out with the XR10, because that is what pushed me over the edge to buy it, I have been teetering, and wanting it, but that is what forced me to just do it.

Off to do work....
jeeper_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #856
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper_05 View Post
Recently ordered up a 4PK from Corey @ rpphobby.com. I cannot tell you how helpful this thread has been, I have programmed many other radios, but without this thread for the 4PK, I would be insanely lost. Looking forward to learning more about the radio.
Glad to hear it. If you need anything else please post up
Old 06-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #857
Rock Crawler

Quote:
This is a new super class setup. The video goes through how to program it step by step. If you have any tweaks you would like to see then let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY26rfFwlio
That was fast! Thanks Harley!!
Stick King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #858

Any new news on the new Futaba goods Harley?
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #859
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
Any new news on the new Futaba goods Harley?
Let me see what I can say and get back to you. Jason is in Cali at AWCC and i'm in Indy at the 24hr crawl but I'll call tomorrow.
Old 06-27-2010, 05:49 PM   #860

Quote:
Let me see what I can say and get back to you. Jason is in Cali at AWCC and i'm in Indy at the 24hr crawl but I'll call tomorrow.
Yeah let me know. July is a 3 paycheck month for me . I'd like to get an XR-10 and a new radio if it becomes available.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM