RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html)

hbj069 09-03-2010 07:30 AM

What do you mean external antenna? I took mine off when new, One less wire to get screwed up. never no problems and I have had mine for almost 2 years now. Snip it and forget it."thumbsup" you will be fine"thumbsup"

Harley 09-03-2010 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManiacMagoo (Post 2618901)
Looking for a new antenna for my R604FS. My amazing son decided to help dad and cut it off about an inch above the case and in his glorious ways to hide it in the trash didn't tell me till the trash man came. So Im trying to find some place to buy a replacement.

On top of what everyone else said, if you open the RX case the rest of the external antenna can just simply be unplugged from the board if you weren't already aware.

Definitely not needed, however I still run one most of the time.

Harley 09-03-2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rig Rocker (Post 2618751)
Me too :ror:

Hope you can get one soon! Just got my 4pks too and was planning on setting it up this weekend.

Come on Harley! We know you can do it ;-)

I'll probably have one shortly after Nationals. The existing setup still works great, the only thing you need to change is the display type from Sevo View to Dial/Trim. "thumbsup"

bigstu 09-03-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 2617886)
That is the correct reaction to the way the radio is programmed. In the dial menu there is PM2A and PM2B. A and B refer to two different directions (forward and reverse) we only program it for one of those two directions. It is nice to have full forward with both motors though. If one was stronger and you went to slam reverse it could cause more roll overs.

Thank you Harley. I thought I was loosing my mind.
Is there a way to program it so both directions are scaled.
Based on the crawling we do here, I would like to give it a try.
I can imagine a couple of circumstances where slowing down the front motor would be beneficial. I have been known to climb obsticles in reverse. :shock:

Harley 09-03-2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigstu (Post 2619350)
Thank you Harley. I thought I was loosing my mind.
Is there a way to program it so both directions are scaled.
Based on the crawling we do here, I would like to give it a try.
I can imagine a couple of circumstances where slowing down the front motor would be beneficial. I have been known to climb obsticles in reverse. :shock:

Yes, I will get you the settings tonight.

Locked Up 09-03-2010 04:38 PM

And it doesn't say anything abut the PMIX's being on or off even when I hit the buttons for them. So now that I think about it, if I hit an errant button on course, I have no way of knowing if I am in 2wd,4x4 or FWD unless I pull the throttle. In the wrong position, that could be an issue.

Failedabortion 09-03-2010 04:41 PM

I have mine setup to vibrate when one of the mixes are activated or deactivated...don't even have to look at the screen.

Just got my case in today...wtf can I stuff in all the empty slots??

redbaron 09-03-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Failedabortion (Post 2619840)
Just got my case in today...wtf can I stuff in all the empty slots??

I carry a small amount of tools and batteries in mine!! "thumbsup"

minnesotamudder 09-03-2010 05:09 PM

if i use the ultimate moa setup with dual esc's will i need a dig system or does that work like a dig system?

Failedabortion 09-03-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnesotamudder (Post 2619869)
if i use the ultimate moa setup with dual esc's will i need a dig system or does that work like a dig system?

No dig unit is needed, radio does everything"thumbsup"

minnesotamudder 09-03-2010 05:33 PM

sweet i need one of these:flipoff:

ManiacMagoo 09-03-2010 05:41 PM

I wish I could just unplug it lol but my receivers bounce from my crawlers to scalers to 3s 18t to my SC8E so the range varies widely. Thanks guys will give Futaba a call.

Fattymojo 09-04-2010 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 2614106)
Yessir!

Make sure you switch the radio to C1 mode to use the 3ch RX "thumbsup"

how do i switch to c1 mode? :D

mdowney 09-04-2010 03:39 AM

If you guys are looking for a slightly larger alternative to the Futaba hard case, I just picked up a Vaguard VGP-13S photography hard case. They're very rugged and only cost about $50 (check Amazon, buy.com). It includes full foam with cube cut-outs so you can customize it any way you like. I'm going to make slots to carry some lipos and a few other things. I'll post some pics as soon as I get it set up.

Harley 09-04-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fattymojo (Post 2620474)
how do i switch to c1 mode? :D

Go to RXSYS and change from C2 to C1. Then shut the radio off and back on, go back to that menu to confirm it changed "thumbsup"

jdawg53 09-04-2010 04:58 PM

It is important that you shut the radio off and then turn it back on. Otherwise it will not change.
J

Fattymojo 09-04-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdawg53 (Post 2621213)
It is important that you shut the radio off and then turn it back on. Otherwise it will not change.
J

btw, i never received that charger.

jdawg53 09-04-2010 06:03 PM

OK. I will check into it.

ManiacMagoo 09-05-2010 05:09 PM

Hey I followed the video for setting up 2 esc's for my XR-10 and now if I hit front dig my rear motor spins in reverse and same happens if I hit my rear dig with the front motor. Now if I run my 3rd channel sub trim at +25 it stops all this but my rear motor in 4wd is twice as fast as my front and also creates a ton of stall in my front motor. I played with a bunch of settings but could only get one issue to leave but creating a new one any ideas what to try?

Harley 09-05-2010 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManiacMagoo (Post 2622369)
Hey I followed the video for setting up 2 esc's for my XR-10 and now if I hit front dig my rear motor spins in reverse and same happens if I hit my rear dig with the front motor. Now if I run my 3rd channel sub trim at +25 it stops all this but my rear motor in 4wd is twice as fast as my front and also creates a ton of stall in my front motor. I played with a bunch of settings but could only get one issue to leave but creating a new one any ideas what to try?

First, recalibrate your ESC throttle positions.

Then the easiest thing to do is start with a new model memory and retry. Sounds like you had some pre-existing settings in there or missed something in the setup.