Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #1061
20K Club

I would personally worry that 3 amps are not enough. I would recommend switching to a Castle BEC, but you could hook that one up first and see how it does before actually making that decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
Thanks Harley,
So I just need one BEC attached to the battery, right.
The Novak BEC included in the package only rate for 3 amp output.
(http://www.shopatron.com/products/mo....0.0.0?tp=spec)

Do you think it's sufficient for SDX-901 (http://www.sanwa-denshi.co.jp/servo-01.html#SDX-901)... ?

Rgds,
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #1062
Rock Crawler

Picked up this pack a couple weeks ago, definitely worth it. I was going to pick up an extra nimh pack or switch to aa's, but think this is the better choice.
http://www.hyperion-world.com/produc...-FG305-2080-2S

was at 6.6v after leaving it on for 10 hours, charges in the radio with the stock nimh charger also

can be charged at 4.8a on a life capable charger if you take the pack out of the radio.
Failedabortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:30 AM   #1063
rvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I would personally worry that 3 amps are not enough. I would recommend switching to a Castle BEC, but you could hook that one up first and see how it does before actually making that decision.
Thanks for the advice, I'll try ...
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:43 PM   #1064
RCC Addict

Default Scatterbrains 4PK super setup

Ok at nationals Lars was quite intriged with my super setup so i figured id break it down for everyone this is for you Lars

ASSIGNED BUTTONS

FUNC SEL MENU

PS1--2ND COND/ ALT--
SWITCHES YOU FROM CRAB STEER TO TIGHT TURNING

PS2--MIX 2 /ALT
TURNS OFF REAR MOTOR (FRT DIG)

PS3--MIX 1/ ALT--
TURNS REAR STEER OFF

DIAL
DL1,2,3--OFF
DT1--PM2B 10/ NORMAL---USED TO SLOW OR SPEED UP RR MOTOR
DT2--CH3 10/ NORMAL---INDEPENDENT RR MOTOR FEED
DT3--CH4 10/ NORMAL---INDEPENDENT RR STEER

SYSTEM MENU--2ND COND--ACT

PMIX1--THIS GIVES YOU STANDARD TIGHT TURNING AT POWER UP

LEFT -100
RIGHT -100
MST-- STEERING
SLAVE--CH4
MODE--ACT (ON)
OFFSET -0
MXMD--MIX
TRIM-OFF

PMIX2--THIS GIVES YOU FRONT DIG AT POWER UP

FORWARD +100
BRAKE +100
MST THROTTLE
SLAVE CH3
MODE ACT (OFF)
OFFSET -0
MXMD MIX
TRIM---OFF

AFTER ALL THIS IS SET GO TO PMIX1 MENU, THEN HIT PS1 TO ACTIVATE 2ND CONDITION. ADJ LEFT AND RIGHT VALUES TO +100.

Ok there ya go this is my super setup.

works like so, i have 4wd, adj rear motor mix while in 4wd, crab steering, independent rear steer, independent rear motor (rr dig), front dig.

Front and rear steering is now controlled all the time by wheel unless you shut it off using ps3. Then you can use dt3 to control rr steer.

Any questions just let me know or PM me
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:11 AM   #1065
Quarry Creeper

I just picked up a Used 4PK and couldnt be happier. this thread made setup SO EASY!. Thanks again Harley.

Last night in the Local A main Hobbies Shop they had the 4PK reduced to $399.99 Smoking deal for a great radio. If I hadnt got a 2nd reciever with mine Id be pretty ill right now.
mxracer33x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:12 AM   #1066
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer33x View Post
I just picked up a Used 4PK and couldnt be happier. this thread made setup SO EASY!. Thanks again Harley.

Last night in the Local A main Hobbies Shop they had the 4PK reduced to $399.99 Smoking deal for a great radio. If I hadnt got a 2nd reciever with mine Id be pretty ill right now.
$399.99 is a smoking price at a LHS
Old 09-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #1067
Quarry Creeper

Its on there website as well. So Im guessing the MSRP was reduced due to the 4PKS?
mxracer33x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:23 AM   #1068
Rock Stacker

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but can a 604FS receiver take 7.4v from a CCBEC without any issues? I currently have my BEC wired to power the servo only (Rx is getting power from my FXR's) but I would like to get rid of some of the extra wiring by running everything through the Rx like Harley's diagram.

Thoughts?
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:43 AM   #1069
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but can a 604FS receiver take 7.4v from a CCBEC without any issues? I currently have my BEC wired to power the servo only (Rx is getting power from my FXR's) but I would like to get rid of some of the extra wiring by running everything through the Rx like Harley's diagram.

Thoughts?
Yes it can handle 7.4 volts.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #1070
I wanna be Dave

Alright I got it figured out finally, but I got a question. How do you mix the front motor. I tried to set it up like mixing the rear but no dice. Harley I need help bro.

Last edited by ROWDY RACING; 09-23-2010 at 11:34 AM.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:04 PM   #1071
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
Alright I got it figured out finally, but I got a question. How do you mix the front motor. I tried to set it up like mixing the rear but no dice. Harley I need help bro.
Do you mean adjusting the mix percentage? I do not recommend this really, it is something that takes more extra time then it's worth on course.

If you do want to still do it then go to your dial menu and set up one of the DT or DL switches just like you have for the rear. If you have pm1-b then make the new one pm2-b or vice versa.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #1072
I wanna be Dave

Yea I want to be able to mix the front motor just like the rear. I tried that last night without sucess I guess I will try some more. The reason I want to do so is the guy that wins most of our comps slows his front motor down all the time. It seems to really help on downhills and a few other situations.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #1073
20K Club

Quote:
Yea I want to be able to mix the front motor just like the rear. I tried that last night without sucess I guess I will try some more. The reason I want to do so is the guy that wins most of our comps slows his front motor down all the time. It seems to really help on downhills and a few other situations.
That is effectively the same as speeding the rear motor up which does help a lot in certain situations. I still do not recommend doing this on the front motor. It just means you have to keep track of another setting that can rob time from you on course.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #1074
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
That is effectively the same as speeding the rear motor up which does help a lot in certain situations.
Thanks for the help, I will give it another shot this evening. I am not looking to use it all the time I just would like to have an extra tool in the box if I need it.

Last edited by ROWDY RACING; 09-23-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:59 PM   #1075

Quote:
Thanks for the help, I will give it another shot this evening. I am not looking to use it all the time I just would like to have an extra tool in the box if I need it.
I keep a DT button programmed so that I can slow the front motor down in those 1 in a 1000 situations. The switch is in an obscure location around the wheel so it doesn't get bumped too often. Before every course though I always check to make sure things are set where they should be.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #1076
I wanna be Dave

Mods, sticky this thread! This is the 4PK bible

I've not even opened the manual...
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:36 PM   #1077
I wanna be Dave

Default xr10 question.

after looking at all your info, im wondering how to hook up the cutting brake when it comes avalible, any info?
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #1078
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelerzman View Post
after looking at all your info, im wondering how to hook up the cutting brake when it comes avalible, any info?
The BEC will need to be wired directly to the servos. From there, you will plug in your cutting brake servo into channel 4. Depending on if the cutting brakes will have 3 or 5 positions you will program one of the DT buttons to channel 4 with either a step value of 100 or 50. As soon as the cutting brakes are available I will have the setup posted
Old 09-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #1079
I wanna be Dave

Hey Harley, I still can't get the front motor to mix. Do I need to recalibrate the esc's after I set up the front motor mix. I would just try it but the way everything is shoe horned in the XR I don't wanna open things up unless I have to. Thanks!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #1080
20K Club

Quote:
Hey Harley, I still can't get the front motor to mix. Do I need to recalibrate the esc's after I set up the front motor mix. I would just try it but the way everything is shoe horned in the XR I don't wanna open things up unless I have to. Thanks!
I'll grab my radio and see what I can do.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM