Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #1121
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop39301 View Post
Hello

I have a AXIAL XR-10 with a NOVAK ROOSTER CRAWLER ESC and a PUNK 3 Dig.
I only want steer in the front wheels.
Can someone tell me how to put the 4PK so that I can use the Dig in the front or rear wheels?
I donīt see any button on the 4PK that has 3 positions:
1 position -Activate the front did
2 position -OFF the front dig, so put the rig in 4WD
3 position -Activate rear dig

Thank you
Here you go, this post will detail exactly how to accomplish what you are going for. It is linked in the first post of this thread but the Punk dig wasn't out when I wrote it so I didn't put it in the name. I will do that now. Thanks for the reminder!

4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #1122
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
They are team brood 45t le motors. I thought they were good?
Like Whoodie said, check the motors condition. I know with my Holmes Hobbies 35t's I have to turn the drag brake down on my FXR's because they stop the rig too hard and hold on any surface I am on.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:20 AM   #1123
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Like Whoodie said, check the motors condition. I know with my Holmes Hobbies 35t's I have to turn the drag brake down on my FXR's because they stop the rig too hard and hold on any surface I am on.
The motors only have 2 comps on them and EddieO says they already have the heaviest springs on them. How long does it take for the brushes to seat?
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #1124

Quote:
The motors only have 2 comps on them and EddieO says they already have the heaviest springs on them. How long does it take for the brushes to seat?
It depends on your driving style. 2 comps should be enough. You can check by looking at the contact face of the brush. Areas where the brush is making contact will be shiny, where its not contacting will be a little dull. If you can get a picture I'll take a look at it. (make sure the picture is in focus )
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #1125
I wanna be Dave

It holds fine in neutral on an incline, the problem is digging on high traction surfaces. I will take a look at the brushes this evening. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 AM   #1126
20K Club

You may still get a little roll with those motors. Is this your first MOA? One last thing you can try is to reprogram the nuetral position of the ESC's, but this would most likely cause other problems if it was finding nuetral perfectly (such as having problems initializing the ESC's when you first turn on the car).
Old 10-11-2010, 08:26 AM   #1127
I wanna be Dave

Yes this is my first moa, if this is just how it is then thats fine, I was just wondering. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #1128
RCC Addict

Just picked up a 4pk with 3 rx's and was wondering (and maybe I missed it) but why do you recommend this over running the servo directly off the BEC? All my current set ups run servo's directly off the BEC with only the signal wire going to the RX. i like this wiring better due to benefits with programing the BEC and ESC's. But what makes the wiring diagram below better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
4PK Wiring Diagram for Ultimate Setup - This is hyperlinked to the first post for ease of looking.

clarkrw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #1129
20K Club

Because it is a more simple and clean setup. No need to have multiple connectors going to one piece of equipment. It is easy to pop out the power wire from the ESC's RX plug and be able to replace it quickly. This way you can quickly reprogram a BEC or ESC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
Just picked up a 4pk with 3 rx's and was wondering (and maybe I missed it) but why do you recommend this over running the servo directly off the BEC? All my current set ups run servo's directly off the BEC with only the signal wire going to the RX. i like this wiring better due to benefits with programing the BEC and ESC's. But what makes the wiring diagram below better?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:05 PM   #1130
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yes this is my first moa, if this is just how it is then thats fine, I was just wondering. Thanks for the help guys.
I think also with a punk dig swithc it shorts the motors so it might hold a little tighter but I am sure others have more experience at that.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #1131
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I am running dual fxrs w/ brood le's in my xr10 too. My drag brake is set to about 40%. Works flawlessly. Did take a few packs to fully seat brushes and get full drag brake.
If you have already run them enough to seat brushes, then you have either an esc problem or motor problem. first thing I would do is swap some spare motors in and see if the esc's drag brake works with them.
If so, send eddieo your motors and have him check them out. Are you sure you are running them correctly? He marks can f and r which doesn't mean front and rear. It means forward spin and rear spin of commutator.
If they are installed wrong, you will have retarted timing since he sets them at 6deg advanced. maybe thats your problem? I would also PM eddieo about this too since he may have an immediate answer for you.

I'm very happy with my brood le's in the xr10, and I hope this helps

Quote:
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #1132
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
I am running dual fxrs w/ brood le's in my xr10 too. My drag brake is set to about 40%. Works flawlessly. Did take a few packs to fully seat brushes and get full drag brake.
If you have already run them enough to seat brushes, then you have either an esc problem or motor problem. first thing I would do is swap some spare motors in and see if the esc's drag brake works with them.
If so, send eddieo your motors and have him check them out. Are you sure you are running them correctly? He marks can f and r which doesn't mean front and rear. It means forward spin and rear spin of commutator.
If they are installed wrong, you will have retarted timing since he sets them at 6deg advanced. maybe thats your problem? I would also PM eddieo about this too since he may have an immediate answer for you.

I'm very happy with my brood le's in the xr10, and I hope this helps
I did pm eddieO and he said that crawler motors need to be rebuild after 30 min of runtime and that nobody else has reported an issue with these motors. I want to be clear I am not bitching just wondering if my XR-10 is performing at it's best. The only time the brake does not hold is when digging. If I am in front dig on really high traction the rear tires will slowly turn as the front spins. This may be normal I don't know it's my first moa.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #1133

Quote:
I did pm eddieO and he said that crawler motors need to be rebuild after 30 min of runtime and that nobody else has reported an issue with these motors. I want to be clear I am not bitching just wondering if my XR-10 is performing at it's best. The only time the brake does not hold is when digging. If I am in front dig on really high traction the rear tires will slowly turn as the front spins. This may be normal I don't know it's my first moa.
If your definition of "really high traction" is the same as mine, I bet you're fine. My motors don't lock at all when there is a lot of traction. The tires should barely roll when you dig on carpet.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #1134
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
If your definition of "really high traction" is the same as mine, I bet you're fine. My motors don't lock at all when there is a lot of traction. The tires should barely roll when you dig on carpet.
Bingo, thats what I got a slow roll on carpet. If thats normal for a moa then I guess I am good to go. Thanks alot for the help.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #1135

Quote:
Bingo, thats what I got a slow roll on carpet. If thats normal for a moa then I guess I am good to go. Thanks alot for the help.
You're welcome
Old 10-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #1136
RCC Addict

Quote:
I would say what you are describing is very normal with two ESC and somewhat normal to a smaller degree with a PunkDig due to the shorting of the motor.

Don't Worry Be Happy mon
Old 10-13-2010, 07:49 PM   #1137
I wanna be Dave

Default MOA setup.

Harley, You are a GOD, when it comes to the 4pk. i read the manual several times,and had problems with understanding what they were trying to say. You made it soooooo simple to understand and setup. the setup you went thru works flawlessly the first time. I will say it again, YOU ARE A GOD. THANK YOU for the video setup. Keep up the EXCELLENT WORK. .
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #1138
Quarry Creeper

Default Help linking the 4pl to the receiver

I just got finished wireing everything up, dual fxrs, castle bec, and I went to the first page and programmed the pk the way Harley suggested, bit for some reason I can't get everthing to bind together. I got nothing, throttle, or steering. Before I set up the pk it did link up together and I only had the front motor turning but it was in reverse, forward was reverse, and reverse was forward, while I had it linked I programmed the fxrs. I have followed the manual on how to link it all together and still nothing.

Please help
Stick Crawles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #1139
20K Club

What color is the light on the RX? Does it say C2 in the bottom left corner of the main screen? 3 channel or 4 channel RX? What's your mothers maiden name...... wait, nevermind that part.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:08 PM   #1140
Quarry Creeper

It's red when I turn the pk on to the display on, but when I turn it on to the on side it links up, that may be what I was doin wrong "duh ", but when it is all linked up I have throttle and steering but the rear goes forward and the front goes in reverse, and in forward I stops going as soon as I let off the gas, but in reverse it slowly rolls to a stop.
Stick Crawles is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM