Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #1221
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
Harley when I purchased my 4pk used it didn't come with the hook for a neck strap...do you know how I can get one?
Shoot jdawg a PM, he can get you the info to parts services. You should be able to pick one up from them.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #1222
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
Can someone please tell me if I will get my rear wheels to "lock" if I go to dual fxr's and set the drag brake high on the rear esc?
My current setup is just a single fxr and punk dig and I am relying on my magnets to lock the rear wheels and they dont hold as well as I would like them too. It is my understanding that if I go to dual esc's and set it up per Harley's guide the rear esc will stay ON and therefore use the actual drag brake feature of the esc when I do a dig. Thanks for any help with this.
Yea dual ESC's should increase your hold strength. Good motors are still a must though for the best performance.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #1223
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
4PK Wiring Diagram for Ultimate Setup - This is hyperlinked to the first post for ease of looking.

Hey harley, the red wires form the escs, do these just get pulled out of the plug and left out uncovered, or do they tie in to something?
greenjeeper92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #1224
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeeper92 View Post
Hey harley, the red wires form the escs, do these just get pulled out of the plug and left out uncovered, or do they tie in to something?
Just unplugged, but you need to cover them. It isn't a very good idea to just leave live power wires flopping about the cab.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #1225
RCC Addict

With the diagram you just posted what would be the maximum voltage you could set the bec at using a Futaba R614FF receiver? I am using a Hitec 7950 and wondered what that receiver can actually handle.
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #1226
20K Club

Quote:
With the diagram you just posted what would be the maximum voltage you could set the bec at using a Futaba R614FF receiver? I am using a Hitec 7950 and wondered what that receiver can actually handle.
The RX can handle 7.4v at least. I can't recall the exact voltage but I think the limit is in the upper 8 volt range.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #1227
Quarry Creeper

so from the battery i need both connection points, can i run all three of those kinda like how a y harnes is set up but instead of just the ground to the two connectrs in a y harness i just attach the ground to another connector? Photos would be great of how you have yours set up

Last edited by greenjeeper92; 11-24-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #1228
RCC Addict

Quote:
The RX can handle 7.4v at least. I can't recall the exact voltage but I think the limit is in the upper 8 volt range.
WOW!! Thats awesome news, I am definitely going to bump the bec up to 7.2 range or so and squeeze some more juice out of that servo. Thanks alot for your quick response and continued dedication to this thread. My super and 2.2 would be lost w/o it!!
Old 11-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #1229
20K Club

Quote:
so from the battery i need a connect two both escs and the bec so i actually need 2 y harneses?
I don't know why you would need any Y-harnesses. Just solder the wires together. You can do jumpers between the ESC's and then the ESC and BEC leads right to the dean. Or you can connect the BEC at one of the ESC locations.

There are hundreds of ways to wire it, do some searching in build threads to get some ideas.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #1230
20K Club

Quote:
WOW!! Thats awesome news, I am definitely going to bump the bec up to 7.2 range or so and squeeze some more juice out of that servo. Thanks alot for your quick response and continued dedication to this thread. My super and 2.2 would be lost w/o it!!
No problem man
Old 11-24-2010, 03:19 PM   #1231
Quarry Creeper

so all four power wires from escs to one connector?
Old 11-24-2010, 03:20 PM   #1232
20K Club

Quote:
It will be hard to solder 4 wires to one connecter. You can do jumper wires from one ESC to another and such.

Build threads are the best way to see what I am talking about.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #1233
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quote:
You can do jumper wires from one ESC to another and such.
This is how I did mine with FXr's:

The BEC wires are soldered onto the esc tabs where the battery wires connect. That way its not part of the connection at the battery.
Hope this helps!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:39 AM   #1234

Hello, Im new into crawling... I bought an ax10 and 4pk.. I was wondering go 4 wheels sterring + DIG... Is that good/possible? if you have any electrical diagram would be nice!!
renanmedeiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #1235
RCC Addict

Harley I have a couple questions for you that I could not find answers to on here or in the manual:

I have my 4pk setup per your dual esc setup on my 2.2berg moa and I want to know if its possible to make one of the DT buttons work as the PS buttons do. For instance can I assign front dig which is now on PS1 to DT3 instead? I did not see a setting that would allow the DT buttons for just ON/OFF like the PS switches do.

Also I wanted to know is there a way I can MAX out the rear motor epa? When I dial it down to slow the rear wheels down it works great and then when I go to dial it back up to 100% it actually will go up to 120% and the rears will spin faster. I know you just have to glance at the screen and watch for it to reach 100 but I would rather it STOP at 100 and I get the tone sound telling me its there so I dont have to watch the screen.

Lastly would it be possible to put front AND rear dig both on one of the DT buttons? For instance when you have a punk dig you hit dt3 DOWN for rear dig and dt3 UP for front dig. Would it be possible to control the mixing of both on one up/down button?
Old 12-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #1236
20K Club

No you cannot use the DT buttons for dig. I suggest getting used to the PS buttons, they are actually a better setup and allow you to select and deselect dig much faster and more reliably. Most people ask this question when they switch to the 4PK but quickly learn the advantages of the setup later.

You should also get used to the 120% rear percentage. Just like you back the rear motor down, there are times when you want to increase it. Being able to go to 120% is as important as being able to set it to 80%.

Quote:
Harley I have a couple questions for you that I could not find answers to on here or in the manual:

I have my 4pk setup per your dual esc setup on my 2.2berg moa and I want to know if its possible to make one of the DT buttons work as the PS buttons do. For instance can I assign front dig which is now on PS1 to DT3 instead? I did not see a setting that would allow the DT buttons for just ON/OFF like the PS switches do.

Also I wanted to know is there a way I can MAX out the rear motor epa? When I dial it down to slow the rear wheels down it works great and then when I go to dial it back up to 100% it actually will go up to 120% and the rears will spin faster. I know you just have to glance at the screen and watch for it to reach 100 but I would rather it STOP at 100 and I get the tone sound telling me its there so I dont have to watch the screen.

Lastly would it be possible to put front AND rear dig both on one of the DT buttons? For instance when you have a punk dig you hit dt3 DOWN for rear dig and dt3 UP for front dig. Would it be possible to control the mixing of both on one up/down button?
Old 12-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #1237
Rock Crawler

Mr. Awesome, i now have a PK4 & set it up with the setup from Whoodie & want to know do you have the THMOD set for 50/50 or 70/30?

When i tried to set the speedo's (Sidewinders) in the 50/50 i could not get them to set on the brake side. On the 70/30 they set fine but the servo view shows a bit of bar to the brake side. If using the 50/50 should i set the EPA's on the brake side including the CH3 & CH4 down a bit to get the Sidewinders to see the brake end points?

Thanks for your info in this tread as it really helped.
Donnie
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #1238
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer19 View Post
Mr. Awesome, i now have a PK4 & set it up with the setup from Whoodie & want to know do you have the THMOD set for 50/50 or 70/30?

When i tried to set the speedo's (Sidewinders) in the 50/50 i could not get them to set on the brake side. On the 70/30 they set fine but the servo view shows a bit of bar to the brake side. If using the 50/50 should i set the EPA's on the brake side including the CH3 & CH4 down a bit to get the Sidewinders to see the brake end points?

Thanks for your info in this tread as it really helped.
Donnie
I haven't heard of anyone running 70/30. You may check the deadband setting on the sidewinders. Follow the video that I have linked in the first post and see if you get through everything. You shouldn't have to touch the EPA's.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:07 PM   #1239
Rock Crawler

Quote:
You may check the deadband setting on the sidewinders. Follow the video that I have linked in the first post and see if you get through everything. You shouldn't have to touch the EPA's.
I have the Deadband at the smallest on the Speedo's, should the band be wider? & i watched the vid & set it up like that.
Also if you have the rear locked & then go into reverse the rear no longer stays locked, it doesn't go "full throttle" but does not stay locked, any idea what that is or is it a normal function?
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:16 PM   #1240
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer19 View Post
I have the Deadband at the smallest on the Speedo's, should the band be wider? & i watched the vid & set it up like that.
Also if you have the rear locked & then go into reverse the rear no longer stays locked, it doesn't go "full throttle" but does not stay locked, any idea what that is or is it a normal function?
Thats your problem, you need to widen your deadband a little. See if that doesn't fix all your problems.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM