Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 AM   #1281
Pebble Pounder

i think it all works but the display and i would love to see what im putting the rear wheels so sending it in sounds like the only way to go for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
What are you try to accomplish? If you are setting up an MOA, just follow the video.
moto261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2010, 06:04 PM   #1282
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
SW2 needs to be set to "Prog Mix 1" or "Prog Mix 2" depending if you want that switch to front or rear dig. Let me know if this works.
I tried that tried lowering the values i can't get it to work can it be done
jmontes_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #1283
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontes_21 View Post
I tried that tried lowering the values i can't get it to work can it be done
I just did it using the instructions below. Works exactly as you were asking.

Quote:
Got it, here is the mix that will allow you to use 2 different buttons to control the 3rd channel.

PMIX1
mst:ch3
slv:ch3
ofst:+100

PMIX2
mst:ch3
slv:ch3
ofst:-100

Using the "offset" feature of the mix menu is the key here. It allows the 3rd channel to go full throw in one direction with the push and hold of a button. I assume the 3PK has 2 mixes, right?

Let me know if you need more detail, I can type it up tonight.
Quote:
SW2 needs to be set to "Prog Mix 1" or "Prog Mix 2" depending if you want that switch to front or rear dig. Let me know if this works.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:23 PM   #1284
20K Club

You need to turn the mode on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontes_21 View Post
Ok i read it again can't get it to work here is the pics you asked for
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a...2-07195226.jpg

Old 12-08-2010, 08:38 PM   #1285
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys i got it to work i will post pics in a few of my settings thanks for your patience
jmontes_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:09 AM   #1286
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer19 View Post
Thanks, this worked.
But it still "unlocks" when using reverse.
I figured this one out.
Thanks for the info on these Transmitters Harley, Whoodie.
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:34 PM   #1287
Quarry Creeper

Harley (or anyone who can help me), with your 4PK MOA setup video (which was great BTW) i can only overdrive my rear by 20 (-120).

example (at full throttle):
channel two (front motor / second bar down) is (for all intensive purposes) at -100
channel three (rear motor / third bar down) is at -120 (which is maxed out)

My question is.. is there a way to somehow tune my radio for that third channel (rear motor) to go past -120 OR better yet be able to dial down channel two (front motor) with a seperate dial such as DT.2?

I'd like the end result to be able to dial down the front motor just as much as your setup allows me to dial down the rear.

There are situations where i'd like my front motor to be spinning at least half as fast as my rear. I have my rear motor set to (like you suggested) DT.1. I'd like to be able to dial my front motor just as much as my rear with DT.2.

Tell me there's a way please! Thank you
Gat714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:37 PM   #1288
20K Club

With the current setup there is not a way to do that.

You can revert to one of the older setups you can do it. I have never seen a need for this so I don't recommend it. Having to buttons controlling mix ratios is asking for problems on course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gat714 View Post
Harley (or anyone who can help me), with your 4PK MOA setup video (which was great BTW) i can only overdrive my rear by 20 (-120).

example (at full throttle):
channel two (front motor / second bar down) is (for all intensive purposes) at -100
channel three (rear motor / third bar down) is at -120 (which is maxed out)

My question is.. is there a way to somehow tune my radio for that third channel (rear motor) to go past -120 OR better yet be able to dial down channel two (front motor) with a seperate dial such as DT.2?

I'd like the end result to be able to dial down the front motor just as much as your setup allows me to dial down the rear.

There are situations where i'd like my front motor to be spinning at least half as fast as my rear. I have my rear motor set to (like you suggested) DT.1. I'd like to be able to dial my front motor just as much as my rear with DT.2.

Tell me there's a way please! Thank you
Old 12-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #1289
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
With the current setup there is not a way to do that.

You can revert to one of the older setups you can do it. I have never seen a need for this so I don't recommend it. Having to buttons controlling mix ratios is asking for problems on course.
Well for instance, sidehilling (especially turning uphill) is an example where i would want to overdrive the rear. I just recieved my 4PK in the mail today so i havn't had a chance to drive it yet, but my buddy has a 4PK and he is able to dial down both motors. Do you think that (in the situation described above) -120 to the rear would be enough overdrive?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #1290
20K Club

Quote:
Well for instance, sidehilling (especially turning uphill) is an example where i would want to overdrive the rear. I just recieved my 4PK in the mail today so i havn't had a chance to drive it yet, but my buddy has a 4PK and he is able to dial down both motors. Do you think that (in the situation described above) -120 to the rear would be enough overdrive?
20% is a huge difference when added to the natural clod stall effect. I rarely go below 70 or 80% on the rear motor. Remember, this is the setup that is winning every major event for the most part. If it wasn't the best it wouldn't be the setup of choice. Just food for thought. Don't over complicate your driving experience, you will waste precious seconds on course.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:05 PM   #1291
Quarry Creeper

Thank you for the quick response
Old 12-14-2010, 10:19 PM   #1292
Quarry Creeper

Upgraded wheel grip. Bahaha

Old 12-14-2010, 10:30 PM   #1293
20K Club

Quote:
Upgraded wheel grip. Bahaha

Damn I thought my 1.9 was baller
Old 12-14-2010, 10:32 PM   #1294
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Damn I thought my 1.9 was baller
Haha 2.2 is just plain gangster
Old 12-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #1295
Quarry Creeper

So i got to thinkin about it, and what i might do to get more overpower control for my rear motor is to go with a 14T pinion in the rear and 13T pinion up front. This might make that -120 to the rear seem more like -130 or -140. Then for normal driving (same power to both motors) i might run the rear motor at like -90 or so. Thoughts?
Old 12-15-2010, 04:26 PM   #1296

Quote:
So i got to thinkin about it, and what i might do to get more overpower control for my rear motor is to go with a 14T pinion in the rear and 13T pinion up front. This might make that -120 to the rear seem more like -130 or -140. Then for normal driving (same power to both motors) i might run the rear motor at like -90 or so. Thoughts?
Clodstall will be worse with a higher tooth pinion in the rear.

I don't get why you want to over power the rear so much. In sidehill situations, overpowering the rear will cause the low front tire to roll over onto it's sidewall, eventually causing the truck to trip over that tire adn rolling over. Underdriving the rear is what you want to do when turning uphill.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #1297
20K Club

Quote:
I think it is unneeded. There just isn't a reason to need such large a difference. Drive the truck more and you will see.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #1298
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Clodstall will be worse with a higher tooth pinion in the rear.

I don't get why you want to over power the rear so much. In sidehill situations, overpowering the rear will cause the low front tire to roll over onto it's sidewall, eventually causing the truck to trip over that tire adn rolling over. Underdriving the rear is what you want to do when turning uphill.
It depends on what kind of rock you are on. If you underpower the rear, sometimes the front has a tendancy to spin causing the front end to slip downhill. Overpowering the rear just enough so that the front still has power to help and still has turning grip, yet not spinning causing the front to slide downhill, is what i'm talking about. I've used this method with good results.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:51 AM   #1299

Quote:
It depends on what kind of rock you are on. If you underpower the rear, sometimes the front has a tendancy to spin causing the front end to slip downhill. Overpowering the rear just enough so that the front still has power to help and still has turning grip, yet not spinning causing the front to slide downhill, is what i'm talking about. I've used this method with good results.
Sure, I know this exact situation, been there many times. It's important to keep the front and rear wheels spinning at nearly the same speeds. What motors are you running? I've seen many 4PK/FXR setups ruined by lower cost motors, or motors that aren't in that great of condition.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:59 AM   #1300
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Sure, I know this exact situation, been there many times. It's important to keep the front and rear wheels spinning at nearly the same speeds. What motors are you running? I've seen many 4PK/FXR setups ruined by lower cost motors, or motors that aren't in that great of condition.
I was runing HH 45T's, but one of them gave out on me so i sent them into John for rebuild.

I have two sets in the mail. One is a set that i am having John Holmes rebuild for me. They were origionally HH 45T's, but i'm having him rebuild them as 40T's. The other is a new set of Brood 40T's. I'm gonna try them both out to see which performs better and i'll use the other set for backups.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM