Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2009, 02:28 PM   #121
RCC Addict

Harley, that vid for the super setup rocks!!! my super build is the reason i got this radio. your setup is what im going to use. Been a futaba die hard since day one.
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #122
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterbrains View Post
Harley, that vid for the super setup rocks!!! my super build is the reason i got this radio. your setup is what im going to use. Been a futaba die hard since day one.
Glad it helped. If you need any help with programming just let me know
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #123
RCC Addict

Harley when you mentioned about your wireing diagram that the positive wires on the esc's should be hooked back up did you mean on both esc's? On my scaler i run one esc for the winch and one for the driveline and i just have them both plugged into my nomadio transiever in channels 2 and 3. Will the futaba handle this setup or should one have the positive disconnected? or am i just lucky not to have blown the nomadio, lol.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:35 AM   #124
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culetto View Post
Harley when you mentioned about your wireing diagram that the positive wires on the esc's should be hooked back up did you mean on both esc's? On my scaler i run one esc for the winch and one for the driveline and i just have them both plugged into my nomadio transiever in channels 2 and 3. Will the futaba handle this setup or should one have the positive disconnected? or am i just lucky not to have blown the nomadio, lol.
If you do NOT have a BEC plugged into the RX then I believe you are fine with both plugged in. Right now I have the power wires on both of my FXR's going to the RX. I don't believe you will have a problem.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:40 AM   #125
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

As long as the two BECs ouput the same voltage, all is well. You could test them with a voltmeter to see how close they were, positive on red or orange an negative on black or brown.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #126
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
As long as the two BECs ouput the same voltage, all is well. You could test them with a voltmeter to see how close they were, positive on red or orange an negative on black or brown.
Thanks for the info John, good to know.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #127
RCC Addict

Aye thats good to know. Both ESC's are the same voltage. Dual Quark ProCar 33's on OG Revolvers in an MOA setup. One is glitching bad though so i might plug the BEC into the RX and shunt both hot leads from the ESC's and see if that cures it.

Back on topic: One thing i liked about the Nomadio is being able to program everything on the desktop and upload it to the radio, i dont think the 4PK does this but has anyone heard if they have plans to do it? Or something similar?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #128
20K Club

Quote:
Aye thats good to know. Both ESC's are the same voltage. Dual Quark ProCar 33's on OG Revolvers in an MOA setup. One is glitching bad though so i might plug the BEC into the RX and shunt both hot leads from the ESC's and see if that cures it.

Back on topic: One thing i liked about the Nomadio is being able to program everything on the desktop and upload it to the radio, i dont think the 4PK does this but has anyone heard if they have plans to do it? Or something similar?
I would like that feature as well. The 4PK has the comm port to program ESC's so you would think that it could be "back hacked" or something.

The programing is pretty easy on the 4PK but it would be nice to be able to shoot someone a file and say just load it up and you will be good to go.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #129
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I would like that feature as well. The 4PK has the comm port to program ESC's so you would think that it could be "back hacked" or something.

The programing is pretty easy on the 4PK but it would be nice to be able to shoot someone a file and say just load it up and you will be good to go.
Im a little supprized no one has put an SD card slot or USB port on a radio yet either. You could just put it on a thumb drive and mail it off or save your settings if you had to mail your radio off for repairs etc.

$430 is still the best price i have found for a 4PK but that was ebay. Any one know which vendor is running the best price atm? I starting to lose my willpower. LOL.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:07 PM   #130
20K Club

Quote:
Im a little supprized no one has put an SD card slot or USB port on a radio yet either. You could just put it on a thumb drive and mail it off or save your settings if you had to mail your radio off for repairs etc.

$430 is still the best price i have found for a 4PK but that was ebay. Any one know which vendor is running the best price atm? I starting to lose my willpower. LOL.
Hate to suggest a non-vendor but Ultimatehobbies has them for $430 with free shipping.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #131
RCC Addict

Quote:
Hate to suggest a non-vendor but Ultimatehobbies has them for $430 with free shipping.
I sat down the other day and set up my radio as best i can w/o esc's, and wow i love this radio more and more i tweaked and tuned the setups here and have it so i can crab, regular steering and adjust the rear steering w/o front input all w/o mixing i love this thing. Cond 2 rocks!!!!!

Really want to play with the ESC programing I need my damn ESC'S!!!

Thanks again you guys this thread is awesome
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #132
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

We probably won't see the ability to plug up a USB drive. That would require the ability to host usb, which few smart phones are capable of doing yet.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #133

Quote:

Yeah, my calculator even has an SD card slot now

My LHS has them for $425. When I bought mine I did not even bother checking their price because I thought it would be outrageously high. Check your LHS, you may be surprised.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #134
Im Brandon

Well I got a few bugs worked out on my 2.2 Axial comp rig.

Winch down suspension is finished. I will post the how-to soon O yeah, still have that extra channel left for dig as well. Loving the 4PK!

I used the winch down setup at the last comp with excellent results. The break-over of 3.25" is great, and the ability to sidehilll with confidence at 2" of ground clearance is very nice.

I have to thank Harley for his write-ups, with everything he has posted I have an excellent starting point to modify the setups I want to my needs. Thanks man
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #135
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing View Post
Well I got a few bugs worked out on my 2.2 Axial comp rig.

Winch down suspension is finished. I will post the how-to soon O yeah, still have that extra channel left for dig as well. Loving the 4PK!

I used the winch down setup at the last comp with excellent results. The break-over of 3.25" is great, and the ability to sidehilll with confidence at 2" of ground clearance is very nice.

I have to thank Harley for his write-ups, with everything he has posted I have an excellent starting point to modify the setups I want to my needs. Thanks man
Video or your a liar
Old 02-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #136
Quarry Creeper

He's no liar. I saw his setup in action. Needless to say it really SUCKED...............

.....down the suspension. Seriously, great idea. Just needs a stronger line. But even that didn't stop ya from finishing course 3, did it?
killjoyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:18 AM   #137
Pebble Pounder

Man,I should have stuck around sunday.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #138
Im Brandon

Quote:
Video or your a liar
Haha I will see what I can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoyken View Post
He's no liar. I saw his setup in action. Needless to say it really SUCKED...............

.....down the suspension. Seriously, great idea. Just needs a stronger line. But even that didn't stop ya from finishing course 3, did it?
Yeah it sucked really well I cant wait to get it set up reliably, its going to allow me to look at different lines a lot differently now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
Man,I should have stuck around sunday.
Sunday was an awesome comp! Sorry you couldnt stick around.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:09 PM   #139
Quarry Creeper

Hey Harley, any idea if you can get similar results with a 3PK? The 3PK is more affordable for me, plus I can use a Spektrum module so I could use it on my other trucks. I'd have to spend some of my tax refund money for the 4PK, which I was planning on saving. (bad economy ya know)
killjoyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #140
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoyken View Post
Hey Harley, any idea if you can get similar results with a 3PK? The 3PK is more affordable for me, plus I can use a Spektrum module so I could use it on my other trucks. I'd have to spend some of my tax refund money for the 4PK, which I was planning on saving. (bad economy ya know)
I will go do the video right now on a good setup that could be used with a 3PK. It is the setup that One-eyed Jack suggested and that he runs on his 3PK. I don't want to take credit for his setup but I will show you all what it looks like. Give me a little time and I will get it done

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM