Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #1821

Default Re: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

I was looking for instruction on 3rd channel operation for a servo working the 2 speed tranny. I've burned a couple servos not knowing how to adjust end point, luckily they were just cheapies. Any and all help would be appreciated. I have a 4pk radio. Thanks again
jessejamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #1822
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessejamez View Post
I was looking for instruction on 3rd channel operation for a servo working the 2 speed tranny. I've burned a couple servos not knowing how to adjust end point, luckily they were just cheapies. Any and all help would be appreciated. I have a 4pk radio. Thanks again
Go to the Trim/Dial Menu
Select any of the DT switches you want
Select the channel that you have the servo plugged into
Set the value to 2P
Go to the EPA Menu
Back the values down in each direction until your servo doesn't buzz when in gear.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #1823

Thanks for the help.
jessejamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #1824

Question Re: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Demonstration of a setup for a Super class rig

there's something strange with this post, I guess it' too old: I can only see a picture of a PKS, but not the movie if I click on it; the only way for me to see the movie is to reply to this post, so I can see the photo bucket-link (URL) where the movie is; I then have to copy that URL and paste it into another (Safari)tab, but then again, I can't download the file... could you please send me this movie via email, as well as the movie in which you program the 3PSK (or 4PSK on 3 channels). As I've just ordered my 4PKS-R and will order my XR10 only next month I want to be sure to have this marvelous setup movies at hand... Superb
Thanks in advance
a crawlerfanatic to be
RC Michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #1825
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Michie View Post
there's something strange with this post, I guess it' too old: I can only see a picture of a PKS, but not the movie if I click on it; the only way for me to see the movie is to reply to this post, so I can see the photo bucket-link (URL) where the movie is; I then have to copy that URL and paste it into another (Safari)tab, but then again, I can't download the file... could you please send me this movie via email, as well as the movie in which you program the 3PSK (or 4PSK on 3 channels). As I've just ordered my 4PKS-R and will order my XR10 only next month I want to be sure to have this marvelous setup movies at hand... Superb
Thanks in advance
a crawlerfanatic to be
You are right, that is an old post. The newer setups should be linked in the first post to all the most current setups. If there is anything that you can't find let me know and I will make a new updated video
Old 08-08-2013, 01:58 AM   #1826

Quote:
You are right, that is an old post. The newer setups should be linked in the first post to all the most current setups. If there is anything that you can't find let me know and I will make a new updated video
Thanks for the quick reply. As I'm on the verge of buying a 4PKS-R, I noticed yesterday in it's manual that the radio supports "Special Mixes" (4WS mixing & Dual ESC mixing)(manual p86) ON TOP of the programmable mixes. I've never owned a programmable transmitter, nor a scaler (let be a 4WS-4WD crawler with dual ESC), but as far as I understand from their manual on p88 (4WS-mixing):
"When the 3rd CH was set to ACT at Brake Mixing (p.74) or when Gyro Mixing (p.92) is used, 4WS mixing cannot be used."
and p90 (dual ESC mixing): "When 4th CH was set at ACT at Brake Mixing (p.74) or when CPS-1 Mixing (p.94) is used, Dual ESC Mixing cannot be used", so if I meet these requirements, programming 4WS AND DIG should be straightforward (no tricks required). If it turns out otherwise, I'll let you know... Thanks nonetheless
A little bit off-topic: all my Local Hobby Stores (Belgium) tell me the XR10 is not available anymore (from the distributor). Is it discontinued and/or will there be a successor soon?
RC Michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #1827

hi,

i have a 4pk with r604 receivers, been using it over a year. Last Night my brother played with it and forgot to turn off my rc. Next day when i tried to siwtch on after i changed my battery, my rx turns solid red. I thought need to rebinding. try to bind, whenever i turn on my rx, it turns solid red and when i pressed the swith on rx, it blinks red few times and back to solid red.

I have tried few ways like, to turn on tx first then rx then press the switch, still same. it switch on my tx then press the swith on rx and turn on my rx..still same

i also tried to move away from any wifi..also same..

tx mode C1 or C2..both same...

NO GREEN LED SHOWS UP AT ALL...really sad...

Can anyone help me...i am in Indonesia..no futaba service centre here...

Really thanks any help...
seciamoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #1828
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by seciamoni View Post
hi,

i have a 4pk with r604 receivers, been using it over a year. Last Night my brother played with it and forgot to turn off my rc. Next day when i tried to siwtch on after i changed my battery, my rx turns solid red. I thought need to rebinding. try to bind, whenever i turn on my rx, it turns solid red and when i pressed the swith on rx, it blinks red few times and back to solid red.

I have tried few ways like, to turn on tx first then rx then press the switch, still same. it switch on my tx then press the swith on rx and turn on my rx..still same

i also tried to move away from any wifi..also same..

tx mode C1 or C2..both same...

NO GREEN LED SHOWS UP AT ALL...really sad...

Can anyone help me...i am in Indonesia..no futaba service centre here...

Really thanks any help...
Touch the TX antenna to the RX while trying to bind.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #1829

Quote:
Touch the TX antenna to the RX while trying to bind.
Thanks for your quick reply....i tried that..but still same problem....because i read at manual, that need to be close to each other..i tried to touch them..but still no result..same solid red..few red blink and back to solid red...
Old 08-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #1830
20K Club

Quote:
Thanks for your quick reply....i tried that..but still same problem....because i read at manual, that need to be close to each other..i tried to touch them..but still no result..same solid red..few red blink and back to solid red...
And the display shows C2 in the bottom right corner?
Old 08-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #1831

Quote:
And the display shows C2 in the bottom right corner?
yes it is sir....
Old 08-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #1832
20K Club

Quote:
yes it is sir....
Hmmm, well it's not sounding good.

I would suggest double checking your batteries voltage in both the radio and truck, cycling the power (making sure the radio is turned to on and not display only) and trying to rebind one more time with the TX antenna touching the body of the RX.

That's about all I can suggest
Old 08-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #1833

Quote:
Hmmm, well it's not sounding good.

I would suggest double checking your batteries voltage in both the radio and truck, cycling the power (making sure the radio is turned to on and not display only) and trying to rebind one more time with the TX antenna touching the body of the RX.

That's about all I can suggest
Thanks for your kind help..i will try again as you suggested..by the way, my rx power is coming from hobbywing juststok power. can i plug from my 7,4v lipo batt directly to my rx ?, where should i plug my power source to, channel 2,3 or 4...thanks
Old 08-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #1834
20K Club

Quote:
Thanks for your kind help..i will try again as you suggested..by the way, my rx power is coming from hobbywing juststok power. can i plug from my 7,4v lipo batt directly to my rx ?, where should i plug my power source to, channel 2,3 or 4...thanks
While not advertised, most Futaba RX's can take 8.4v (value of a fully charged 2s Lipo) without damage.

You can power the RX from ANY channel slot, it makes no difference. The only slot that is not tied into the power traces of the RX are the DSC port.

I can't say I am familiar with that Hobbywing piece.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #1835

Quote:
While not advertised, most Futaba RX's can take 8.4v (value of a fully charged 2s Lipo) without damage.

You can power the RX from ANY channel slot, it makes no difference. The only slot that is not tied into the power traces of the RX are the DSC port.

I can't say I am familiar with that Hobbywing piece.
Thanks u very much...i will try furtheer...
Old 08-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #1836
I wanna be Dave

I got a new 604fs when trying to bind it to the truck it just flashes green?

anyone have this issue?

thanks
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #1837
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1800 View Post
I got a new 604fs when trying to bind it to the truck it just flashes green?

anyone have this issue?

thanks
Try touching the TX antenna to the RX.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #1838
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Try touching the TX antenna to the RX.

Thanks Josh
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:38 AM   #1839
Quarry Creeper

In lane one in Spain,the rig suddenly started to run on its own. The throttle on my Pks suddenly gave som throttle when it was supposed to be in neutral.
Had no chance to drive with this.Then after 10 minutes it was ok again and worked fine the rest weekend.
Now,when I`m home it happens again on another car I have.
Hitting the throttle a few times,then its ok again.But I can`t use it like this.
Have anybody else had troubles like this? Is it the pot meter or something on the throttle making this?

Holt
Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 11:33 AM   #1840
Rock Crawler

Finally broke down and am going to use my 4kp in my trail truck...

I only have TFR4 RXs and a few 8ch HK specials for my airplanes. They all only work in C1 mode.

I can't get ch4 to work at all , no signal is output on it.

Is it a function of the radio where ch4 only works in c2 and not c1, or am I missing something?
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM