Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2018, 12:56 PM   #1841
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

I've been looking for the same answer. I got some cool RC Rx that bind but nothing for 4th channel.
Grimreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2018, 05:44 PM   #1842
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimreeper View Post
I've been looking for the same answer. I got some cool RC Rx that bind but nothing for 4th channel.
Got a r614ff and r614fs today

Has to be in c2 mode for ch4 to work. TFR4, etc will not work for 4ch, even on the 4pks-r.

Futaba airplane RXs don't bind at all.
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #1843
I wanna be Dave

Hey Harley, thanks for always helping us out with this radio.
I'd like to know if these switches can be changed to an on/off and possibly a 3 possition switch.
PS3, PS2 & PS1 can they be programmed to on/off,
DT 1-2-3 can they go 3 possition. Technically speaking making this a 6 channel radio?? Reason I'm asking is I found a4ch and 6ch rx on Hobbyking i wanted to try.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/checkout/cart
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:55 PM   #1844
I wanna be Dave

I know this thread is for the 4PK, and the info I need is for the 7PX, but I couldn't find any 7PX-related thread covering my problem. First, I'm a crawler newb, so I have little-to-no knowledge in this area.

My problem involves 7PX settings to control a DIG servo. For my first crawler, I decided to get the new Axial Capra, which uses a micro servo to operate the DIG switch. Officially, the Capra's DIG is a 2-position (4WD & FWD w/ locked rear). However, if the proper settings can be done, there is (theoretically) a third position (FWD w/ freewheeling rear) that can be accomplished, if the servo can consistently hold a neutral position (if I were to used the setting servo as an example, this third position would be the "straight ahead" position).

Unfortunately, I haven't the slightest clue what Tx settings I need to set. If a 3-position DIG could be configured, that would be fantastic. At the same time, as long as someone can help me resolve the 2-position settings problem, I'll be happy. So, can anyone PLEASE help me? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, in advance.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:30 PM   #1845
Quarry Creeper

Harley has a video on the Hurtz DIG and shows how to set-up a Futaba radio for this without opening the transmitter and fooling with the innards. Not sure if the settings apply to the 7PX but it might get you on the right track. Let us know how it goes as I am looking at a 7PX myself.

https://youtu.be/MviC0ClKcaw

Last edited by bbrigg; 10-22-2019 at 09:33 PM.
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 10:25 PM   #1846
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrigg View Post
Harley has a video on the Hurtz DIG and shows how to set-up a Futaba radio for this without opening the transmitter and fooling with the innards. Not sure if the settings apply to the 7PX but it might get you on the right track. Let us know how it goes as I am looking at a 7PX myself.
Well...it did, and didn't, help. It helped to the point that I know it's not only possible, but that I also know there's a good possibility I can set the Axial Capra's 2-position DIG as a 3-position. Unfortunately, the 7PX has an entirely different menu system, so not even sure where to start. As such, I've reached out to Josh (aka "Harley") at Vanquish, as he did say, near the end of the video, if anyone needed any help on setting up a DIG on a Futaba Tx, to contact him.

Hopefully, he'll get back to me soon, with the need info. Once Vanquish has the VS4-10 Pro back in stock, I was already planning on ordering one, along with the Vanquish DIG...so, whatever info he's able to provide, I'll be able to user it again on the VS4-10 (and, potentially, future vehicles).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM