Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #241
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I would suggest running both batteries in parallel to one plug, that way both your ESC's always see the same voltage and will give the most consistent performance. You can just run one batt to each, two BEC is safest if you are running high end servos.

I know Austin (Gatekeeper) has to run 2 BEC's on his since he is running two 300+ oz servos.
Just trying to wrap my head around this .

Run both batts in parralell because the servos would draw power from one not both ? is that what you mean ?
A buddy had a suggestion as well ,What about running a third batt just for the servos through the ccbec ?
Or could I run one ccbec from each batt to each servo ?
I too am running 300+ oz servos .
Crawler Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #242
no talent hack

Run the 2 batteries in parralel that way both esc's will see the same voltage. You do not need 2 bec's. Austin is running 2 since he has 3, 300+ oz servos on his truck. I run my super of one bec set at 8.2 volts
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #243
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-hills4x4 View Post
Run the 2 batteries in parralel that way both esc's will see the same voltage. You do not need 2 bec's. Austin is running 2 since he has 3, 300+ oz servos on his truck. I run my super of one bec set at 8.2 volts

Thanks guys ,didnt mean to turn this into a how do I wire my super thread .
I have wired it according to the above diagram and ran the two batts in paralell .

I am going to setup both esc's ,bump the bec up a bit and then wait for the setup instructions.

Yeah thats a lot of servo power right there ,,
I'm a Gatekeeper supporter actually ,,,lol
Started with the GC-1 Been running the Gc-2 for 7 or 8 months ,just got a brand new one from TCS ,mine's gettin tired . I been belly draggin all winter in my garage .
The GC-1 is on it's third owner and going strong .
And another competitor here is running a GC-2 as well .
And we both have mini GC-2's
Crawler Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:29 AM   #244
Rock Crawler

Your welcome Harley. It was kinda like helping a Jerry's kid. I saw that body you painted and felt terrible for you
You get your electronics all dried out yet? HAHA
J

Quote:
Hope you are liking the radio

Took some shots today while out on the rocks. Have to thank Jason again for the painting the body for me. Now that is sponsor support

jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #245
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg53 View Post
You get your electronics all dried out yet? HAHA
J
I need to hear this one..
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:27 PM   #246
Rock Crawler

If you weren't such a slacker you would have been there yourself and seen it. Geez!

Harley thougth his rig looked like "Nemo" so he tried to set it free in the river.
J
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #247
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing View Post
I need to hear this one..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg53 View Post
If you weren't such a slacker you would have been there yourself and seen it. Geez!

Harley thougth his rig looked like "Nemo" so he tried to set it free in the river.
J

Ummmm, just watch this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBROHRzVVro
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:16 AM   #248
THE Y-TOWN OG

is there anyway to speed up the ch3 servo or do i just need to buy a faster one im using the hs-55
dboy1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:37 PM   #249
Rock Stacker

Harley0706: Thank you for the info on this thread, I just built my Berg with a 4PK and twin FXR's. First time out it was strange with the clod stall. But after a couple battery packs I found myself using the thumb wheel to adjust my rear motor for difficult climbs, I could have it on the verge of comming over backwards and lower the rear and the front would pull it over. You are a great rep for Futaba as you are willing to share.
Keep up the good work.

walt
Walterf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #250
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by dboy1k View Post
is there anyway to speed up the ch3 servo or do i just need to buy a faster one im using the hs-55
Sorry I missed your post. As far as I know servo speed is dependent on the servo. There is a function in the radio for throttle speed but I don't think that will translate to the 3rd channel servo. If you are using it for a dig switch I would recommend getting a longer servo horn and put the switches as close to the end of it as possible (nearly touching). The length will exaggerate the speed that's one weird sentence.....
Old 04-19-2009, 05:50 PM   #251
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterf View Post
Harley0706: Thank you for the info on this thread, I just built my Berg with a 4PK and twin FXR's. First time out it was strange with the clod stall. But after a couple battery packs I found myself using the thumb wheel to adjust my rear motor for difficult climbs, I could have it on the verge of comming over backwards and lower the rear and the front would pull it over. You are a great rep for Futaba as you are willing to share.
Keep up the good work.

walt
Hey thanks Walt. Glad I could help, and of course if you need anything you know where to find me
Old 04-21-2009, 08:19 PM   #252
Rock Crawler

Hey harley do you have any tricks for keeping your back wheels from freewheeling in good grip situations. I have set up a 3 pos third chanel that puts enough reverse to hold in one direction and enough forward to hold when i am backing up in dig. Is there a better way?
ubbb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:22 PM   #253
Rock Crawler

Do not know why it double posted there sorry though.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:25 PM   #254

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbb69 View Post
Hey harley do you have any tricks for keeping your back wheels from freewheeling in good grip situations. I have set up a 3 pos third chanel that puts enough reverse to hold in one direction and enough forward to hold when i am backing up in dig. Is there a better way?
When I want freewheel, I bump up the rear ESC trim forward 5% to 10%. Not a true freewheel, but close enough.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:30 PM   #255
Rock Crawler

I have freewheel set up on the dial just if the rocks a re sticky and i go to dig it rolls sometimes so i use some trim the oppisite way to hold it.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #256
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbb69 View Post
I have freewheel set up on the dial just if the rocks a re sticky and i go to dig it rolls sometimes so i use some trim the oppisite way to hold it.
It is a result of your ESC. I use Tekin ESC's which have a much stronger drag brake then the Castles (even though they use the same method). I usually end up turning my DB down just a hair on my Tekins.

Really the best method I have found is short quick throttle bursts. This makes the tires overcome that initial brake in the motor each time. I know this isn't the optimal method and if there is one downside to electronic dig vs mechanical I would say that is it.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #257

Quote:
I am uploading a video of my super class setup right now to demonstrate what I was explaining in my version.

Photobucket is crazy slow and the vid is 35mb. It will be a little while.
Harley...
I finally have my 4PK...
Now I want to use the setup of the 'Super Class' but I can't seem to find the 'step by step' set up help?!
Could you (or anyone else) give me the '4PK for dummies photo tour' for the Super Class set up?
Crawling Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #258
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Dutch View Post
Harley...
I finally have my 4PK...
Now I want to use the setup of the 'Super Class' but I can't seem to find the 'step by step' set up help?!
Could you (or anyone else) give me the '4PK for dummies photo tour' for the Super Class set up?
This is something I have slacked on, I apologize for that. I will get this done ASAP for those of you who have asked. I am out of town right now but will be returning mid-week.

I can probably get a basic right up done from memory and add pics later. I will try and do that tomorrow or tonight.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #259

Thanks Harley!

But take your time... I am still waiting for an extra receiver and a servo for my crawler!

If the setup works then I can finally run my Killer Krawler!
Crawling Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:30 AM   #260

Default 4pk or 3pk for 4ws & DIG installed rock crawler

Hi guys, I am a newbie to the field of RC and I am planning to buy a radio for my rock crawler project. I was planning to buy 4pk but It is not available in India and importing it is not an option since it cost $800. So If 3pk can handle all the requirement then I will go with it. So let me ask few questions from the veterans. 1. Can we program 3pk to mix front steering with rear steering for different situations like both front and rear wheels turning in same direction, both front and rear wheels turning in opposite direction, front only and rear only? 2. If the 3pk can be used to mix front and rear steering as described above then can front and rear DIG also be used simultaneously with 4WS? Thanks, Manu
manu7781 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM