Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 10:02 AM   #1181
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
Question: I have setup according to Harley's 2.2MOA video.....Everything is working great. One thing I'd like to add though is the ability to instantly engage a reversed axle mode where front is powering forward while rear is powering backward. I know I can do this by dropping power in increments to rear axle until it actually reverses, but wanted something on the fly for bind up situations. Any ideas?

Nevermind, I figured it out...Put a mix mode on another DT switch and made it two position. Works great.
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2010, 11:14 AM   #1182
Rock Crawler

I am having an issue selecting a different model. I can scroll to the model but when its time to push both the + and - at the same time its not working. The plus and + and - button do work individually.
Hoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:16 PM   #1183
Relaxed !

ok so here's a ? for the guru, when i added a second car to my 4pk (my super) i went to model 2 then switched to it, then turned the car on and pushed the switch button, and waited for it to turn green (solid).

ok binded to radio, did my setup deal and drove the super! works great!

then a couple day's go by and i pick up my radio and my 2.2 and go crawl, (forgot to switch back) my 2.2 drove all wacked out! and the radio was still on super (model 2) 1st ? why was i able to run my 2.2 on that model ? are'nt they supposed to have their own coding?

now i can't run the 2.2 unless the radio is on super (model 2) and it's all wacked out! ? #2 why can i run both on the same model memory ?

#3 should i "rebind" them each or start over and redo it all ?

Thanks
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:19 PM   #1184
20K Club

As long as the RX's are the same type (as in C1 or C2) then you can drive any RX on any model. The RX's are not bound to a certain model #. I don't think it is possible that you have to drive your 2.2 on the super model as long as your 2.2 model is still the exact same as it was before when it was working fine. Sounds like something got switched in the confusion.

Reprogramming a model is usually the fastest way to just fix the problem (at least it is for me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sococrawler View Post
ok so here's a ? for the guru, when i added a second car to my 4pk (my super) i went to model 2 then switched to it, then turned the car on and pushed the switch button, and waited for it to turn green (solid).

ok binded to radio, did my setup deal and drove the super! works great!

then a couple day's go by and i pick up my radio and my 2.2 and go crawl, (forgot to switch back) my 2.2 drove all wacked out! and the radio was still on super (model 2) 1st ? why was i able to run my 2.2 on that model ? are'nt they supposed to have their own coding?

now i can't run the 2.2 unless the radio is on super (model 2) and it's all wacked out! ? #2 why can i run both on the same model memory ?

#3 should i "rebind" them each or start over and redo it all ?

Thanks
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #1185
Relaxed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
As long as the RX's are the same type (as in C1 or C2) then you can drive any RX on any model. The RX's are not bound to a certain model #. I don't think it is possible that you have to drive your 2.2 on the super model as long as your 2.2 model is still the exact same as it was before when it was working fine. Sounds like something got switched in the confusion.

Reprogramming a model is usually the fastest way to just fix the problem (at least it is for me).
harley i did not change anything anywhere, that is why this is frazzling to me! i will reprogram and update as to how well things may come out!
Thanks for the answer!
now why can u run any model on any one u select, that to me is not a very good deal! i would be happier if i had to make sure that i was on the model i need and not be able to drive anything with one setting! that's my opinion though
Old 11-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #1186
20K Club

Definitely sounds odd, never heard of anything like that happening.

I know what you mean about the model thing, but I also know people that swap RX's between cars and like that they don't have to worry about rebinding and all that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sococrawler View Post
harley i did not change anything anywhere, that is why this is frazzling to me! i will reprogram and update as to how well things may come out!
Thanks for the answer!
now why can u run any model on any one u select, that to me is not a very good deal! i would be happier if i had to make sure that i was on the model i need and not be able to drive anything with one setting! that's my opinion though
Old 11-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #1187
I wanna be Dave

Well, there are other reasons the radio works like that......keep in mind, the Futaba is a radio really for racing first, crawling is just a second coming for it.....

Often in racing, we use the same car in multiple classes, ie....stock and 19t. It's not uncommon to have different radio settings for throttle and steering between the two classes. When I raced a lot of offroad, I had a mod setting and a stock setting......

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #1188
RCC Addict

Well I know what its doing, If both models are set up exactly then there is no problem, The 2.4 transmitter will generate the signal (no matter the model choice) to the nearest 2.4 receiver, when you turned on the radio and the model they connected. The models are set up with different settings and therefore it was sending the settings programmed for model 2 to model 1. I have had this happen a couple of times at bigger races where several 2.4 radios were in close proximity when being turned on. A good rule of thumb and a Simple solution is to check the radio after you turn it on and before you turn on the model.
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #1189
Relaxed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
Well, there are other reasons the radio works like that......keep in mind, the Futaba is a radio really for racing first, crawling is just a second coming for it.....

Often in racing, we use the same car in multiple classes, ie....stock and 19t. It's not uncommon to have different radio settings for throttle and steering between the two classes. When I raced a lot of offroad, I had a mod setting and a stock setting......

Later EddieO
damn Eddie,when i raced 1/8th sc OR the newest radio out and the big to do was the jr x2 fm
talk about makin a guy feel old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
Well I know what its doing, If both models are set up exactly then there is no problem, The 2.4 transmitter will generate the signal (no matter the model choice) to the nearest 2.4 receiver, when you turned on the radio and the model they connected. The models are set up with different settings and therefore it was sending the settings programmed for model 2 to model 1. I have had this happen a couple of times at bigger races where several 2.4 radios were in close proximity when being turned on. A good rule of thumb and a Simple solution is to check the radio after you turn it on and before you turn on the model.
this is what's weird i turn on the radidio and look then plug in either of the 2 and if i run my 2.2 the fr is fwd and the rr is rev, and my dig and all that is wacked out,now that being said i will unplug the 2.2 and plug the super in it works fine! now switch the radidio to 2.2 and the super works fine,unplug that and then plug the 2.2 in and all wacked out, but the super is good, HHHMMMMMMMMM maybe it's tellin me to run super's, (it was krawlfreaks rx from nat's ! btw thanks for the help guy's!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #1190
I wanna be Dave

Well, I got my radio back today.......powers up, let me set it up according to Harley's guide. Only thing I can't figure out now is how to get the backlight on.....I've tried Off, Always, and Key-whatever, and NOTHING makes the damn thing come on.......certainly isn't easy to read without it!

Am I missing some secret code or switch?

I am surely gonna be pissed if Futaba sent me back a radio without making sure it worked correctly.

Later EddieO
Old 11-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #1191
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post
Well, I got my radio back today.......powers up, let me set it up according to Harley's guide. Only thing I can't figure out now is how to get the backlight on.....I've tried Off, Always, and Key-whatever, and NOTHING makes the damn thing come on.......certainly isn't easy to read without it!

Am I missing some secret code or switch?

I am surely gonna be pissed if Futaba sent me back a radio without making sure it worked correctly.

Later EddieO
Menu 2
Systm
LCD-BLHT>Key-on or Always
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #1192
I wanna be Dave

Tried those both.........looks like futaba sent me back a broken radio....

Later EddieO
Old 11-08-2010, 07:25 PM   #1193

Default novak m2 dig esc set up

any set up tips for a novak m2 dig ,or is it the same for dual esc thanks
tofas4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:29 PM   #1194
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofas4you View Post
any set up tips for a novak m2 dig ,or is it the same for dual esc thanks
M2 dig just uses 3 position switches. There are tutorials listed for that. However the last thing I would recommend is the M2 dig with the 4PK. It is wasting the radio. The M2 dig is just trying to replicate the real capabilities of the 4PK. Don't buy the M2 if you have a 4PK!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #1195

Default m2 dig

harley can you sugest some set ups already have m2 and just got a 4pks ,would like to use this setup for now, any help thank you

Last edited by tofas4you; 11-08-2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: added
tofas4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:30 AM   #1196
20K Club

Quote:
harley can you sugest some set ups already have m2 and just got a 4pks ,would like to use this setup for now, any help thank you
As far as I know the M2 just uses a 3 position switch. If I am wrong about that let me know. Any of the setups listed in the first post of this thread that use a 3 position switch will work.

This is one example: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

I would ditch the M2 as soon as you get a chance and pick up a couple Castle or Tekin controllers. You really are wasting the radio by using the M2.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #1197
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just sell the M2 and buy another FXR - You'll be a lot happier
Rig Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #1198
Quarry Creeper

I'm having some issues setting up my winch on the radio, I have it on the 3rd channel and I have set the channel on DT2 with 50% throw. I want to be able to vary the speed of the winch. either 50% or 100%. The radio seems to be set but I cannot control the winch from the radio. I still need to use the winch control switch on the winch. Any idea what I am missing?
MikeyBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #1199
20K Club

Are you using a 3Racing winch or an RC4WD winch? If you are using either of them you need to set the radio to normal mode from highspeed mode. Go to the RXSYS menu to change this. Also, I don't think you will be able to get variable speeds with those winches as they don't have very high end control modules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBike View Post
I'm having some issues setting up my winch on the radio, I have it on the 3rd channel and I have set the channel on DT2 with 50% throw. I want to be able to vary the speed of the winch. either 50% or 100%. The radio seems to be set but I cannot control the winch from the radio. I still need to use the winch control switch on the winch. Any idea what I am missing?
Old 11-11-2010, 03:07 PM   #1200
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Are you using a 3Racing winch or an RC4WD winch? If you are using either of them you need to set the radio to normal mode from highspeed mode. Go to the RXSYS menu to change this. Also, I don't think you will be able to get variable speeds with those winches as they don't have very high end control modules.
Holy crap that was fast. I am using the 3 racing winch and you nailed it. I missed setting the RXSYS to normal. Damn you are a god with this radio! Thanks again for all the held over the last year.
MikeyBike is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM