RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html)

Harley 09-22-2008 06:34 PM

4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

I will use this thread as a help to anyone using the 4PK. I was given a 4PK by Futaba and as part of I am going to lend support to anyone I can.

If anyone has any questions feel free to post them and I will answer as soon as I can. And if anyone else has any tips or you want to list your setup then go right ahead!

UPDATED 4/20/10

Click the following links to take you to the setup instructions:

The Ultimate 4PK setup for 2.2 MOA's <--RECOMMENDED!

4PKS programming modification to eliminate "PMIX ON" Issue on main screen

Wiring Diagram For The Ultimate 4PK setup for 2.2 MOA's

Video showing Dual ESC capabilities

Shipping address for Hobby Services

Losi Crawler

Super Class Setup #1 With VIDEO

Super Class Setup #2

Super Class setup video demonstartion

Super Class wiring diagram

Rear Steer

DNA/R2D/TCS-RC4WD 3 position dig setup

Set your timer

Proportional Winch

MOA - Dual ESC using 3 channels

4PK using 3 Channels or 3PK video demonstration This setup is now outdated, please refer to the Ultimate setup, the 3PK now has full functionality for MOA control including front and rear dig controlled by the trigger.

MOA dig setup with Punk Dig (or microswitches) and 1 ESC

4 Dry Cell Install by Sarge

Range Comparison test by Killer RC

Harley 09-22-2008 06:38 PM

Winch Setup

****Attention Stage3 winch owners******
You must change your servo mode to "normal" instead of the default "high speed" to control the Stage 3 winch!!!!

This thing is very adjustable and can run a winch in many different ways.
I would program one of the dials to a multi step adjustment. The more you have the finer detail you will be able to adjust in spool speed.

I would personally set it between 20 and 50 step rate.

Here is how I would do it:

Go to the Systm menu and set DISP-SEL to SRV-VIEW

Go to the *MENU-T option and change your menu type to "Level3", make sure to go down and select the EXEC function so that it applies the changes.

Next go to the DIAL menu and set one of the dials to channel 3 (or 4). For this example I will say DL3 to CH3 (this is the dial on top of the remote).

Then scroll over and change DL3 from "2 / NOR" to "30 - NOR" (this is the where I was saying the 20-50 range)

Now your winch will have variable speed :lol:

Good luck "thumbsup"

jdawg53 09-24-2008 09:47 AM

Great information here Harley.
Thanks
J

Harley 09-24-2008 07:28 PM

Set your Timer!

If your club is anything like mine then competition is tight and you don't want to lose track of the clock while you are running.

This is a super easy task but here is a quick step by step:

For quick access, set up your Direct Select menu so you can access the Timer menu in two quick button taps.

First press and HOLD the "DIR" button

Now select one of the positions 1-8 (I chose 1)

Now when on the home screen you can just hit DIR and then button 1 and you are looking at your timer.

Once in your Timer menu:

Set the Type to "UP TIMER"

Set the alarm for 1 min less than your course time limit, this may change from course to course or comp to comp but it is easy to adjust.

To start the timer scroll down to "RST" and press both the + and -, now as soon as you hit the trigger or wheel the timer will start.

"thumbsup"

For more noticable alarm go to the "VIBRA" menu and set the "TIMER-UP" to any value you like, I chose PT5.

Shaun 09-24-2008 07:33 PM

I don't have a 4PK, but there is definitely some good info in there, for the 4PK owners.

Thanks."thumbsup"

Harley 09-24-2008 08:46 PM

VF/DNA Dig, RC4WD R2D Transmission, or TCS/RC4WD Dig for Axial Transmission

Doesn't get much easier than this, this is just one method of doing this though, there are many possible ways.

For easier understanding first go to the SYSTM menu and change DISP-SEL and set it to "SRV-VIEW". The Servo View gives a very clear bar graph style view of what every channel is doing.

Go to the *MENU-T option and change your menu type to "Level3", make sure to go down and select the EXEC function so that it applies the changes.

First go to the EPA menu and set the EPA levels on 3C UP and DWN to a very low level, say 5 for this example.

Now go to the Dial menu.

Scroll to the switch you want to control your dig, I chose DT3 which is in front of the wheel near where my pointer finger rests (this can be set to any of the dials you like).

Change the dial value to CH3, then scroll over and make the values read: 100/NOR (this means that the dial will act as a 3 position switch).

Now hook up your servo to your dig. Make sure that when the servo is centered that it is in the neutral position (for this method).

Open the EPA menu again.
Gradually adjust your EPA's up while turning the drivetrain (either by hand or by using the throttle). Once they engage check the amount of contact if possible and adjust to an amount you feel comfortable with. Repeat this step for the other direction. Test over and over while spinning the tires while off the ground before driving the truck. This will help in not burning up a shift servo, make sure to check the servo temp while doing this.

OPTION

If you want you can program one of the push buttons to be an automatic dig button. It will go right from 4WD to Dig as long as you HOLD the button down.

To do this go to the SWTCH menu

Select a switch that is easiest for you, I selected PS1 which is right underneath the steering wheel. Set it to CH3

THATS IT! Now when ever you press and hold this button the transmission will automatically go strait to lock (as soon as you release the button it will go back to 4wd even if you had it in freewheel before). The SRV-VIEW will help illustrate exactly what is happening "thumbsup"

Harley 09-24-2008 10:10 PM

Berg/OCM or Clod electronic dig (Micro Switch)

For easier understanding first go to the SYSTM menu and change DISP-SEL and set it to "SRV-VIEW". The Servo View gives a very clear bar graph style view of what every channel is doing.

This how-to does not cover the wiring of the micro switches. Here are a couple of links that may be helpful though:

First go to the EPA menu and set the EPA levels on 3C UP and DWN to a very low level, say 5 for this example.

Now go to the Dial menu.

Scroll to the switch you want to control your dig, I chose DT3 which is in front of the wheel near where my pointer finger rests (this can be set to any of the dials you like).

Change the dial value to CH3, then scroll over and make the values read: 100/NOR (this means that the dial will act as a 3 position switch).

Now hook up your servo that will activate the micro switch. Make sure that when the servo is centered that it is not hitting either of the switches.

Open the EPA menu again.
Gradually adjust your EPA's up until they activate the micro switch. Repeat this step for the other direction. This method will help in not burning up a servo, make sure to check the servo temp while doing this.

OPTION

Add a 2nd servo to add lock and freewheel to both front and rear dig.

This diagram show the second switch only hooked up to the rear motor, but it can be wired to both for the most options.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...sa/OCM/Dig.jpg

First go to the EPA menu and set the EPA levels on 4C UP and DWN to a very low level, say 5 for this example.

Now go to the Dial menu.

Scroll to the switch you want to control your dig, I chose DT2 which is in behind the wheel near where my thumb rests (this can be set to any of the dials you like).

Change the dial value to CH4, then scroll over and make the values read: 100/NOR (this means that the dial will act as a 3 position switch).

Now hook up your servo that will activate the micro switch. Make sure that when the servo is centered that it is not hitting the switch.

Open the EPA menu again.
Gradually adjust your EPA's up until they activate the micro switch.

Harley 09-30-2008 12:13 PM

Rear Steer

There are number of different way to run rear steer. On this radio it mostly depends on how you run the other channels. If you are not mixing any channels already then you can mix the front and rear steering two ways to five you fully proportional steering. If you are already mixing channels, such as using dual esc's then Option 2 will be for you.

Option 1
Fully Proportional

Plug your rear servo in to the channel 4 slot for this example.

Now on main menu screen 1 you should see PMIX1 and PMIX2

Go to PMIX1 and adjust it as follows:
LEFT: -100
RGHT: -100
MST: ST
SLV: CH4
MODE: ACT
OFST: 0
MXMD: MIX

What you just did was setup a traditional rear steer, when you steer the front wheels left the rear wheels will steer right.

Now go to the main menu screen again and select the SWTCH menu
Change PS1: to "PROG MIX1/ ALT"

Now when you press the PS1 button (located under the wheel) you will activate or deactivate the rear steer.

Next go to PMIX2 and adjust it as follows:
LEFT: +100
RGHT: +100

What you just did was setup a crab walk rear steer, when you steer the front wheels left the rear wheels will steer left.

Change PS2: to "PROG MIX2/ ALT"

Now when you press the PS2 button (located on the pistol grip) you will activate or deactivate the crab walk rear steer.

Something to note. You need to keep track of when you have the mixing activated. If you have BOTH activated then they cancel each other out, make sense?

Option 2
Manual

When you are running a rig that is already using the mixing funtions then you need to handle your rear steer another way.

Go to the DIAL menu

Select DT1 and set it to "CH4 : 50 / NOR"

What these settings mean are that Dial DT1 (located above the wheel) will move the rear servo 50 steps (out of 100 each direction, 200 total, yielding a 5 position switch) per press.

Thats it! Now when you hit the DT1 button it will move your servo 50% of its throw in each direction. Very easy to use.

You can adjust the amount of "steps" by increasing or decreasing the 50 in the DIAL menu.

You can also set up another Dial to have finer control as well (2 or more switches controlling the rear steer).

Fishmaxx 09-30-2008 01:26 PM

Good stuff!

Can't wait to try it at Crawlapalooza "thumbsup"

yukon635 10-01-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishmaxx (Post 1363888)
Good stuff!

Can't wait to try it at Crawlapalooza "thumbsup"

x2, Great write up Harley. You may be teaching class at crawlapalooza :lol:

Harley 10-01-2008 09:54 AM

Dual ESC's - UPDATED 6/20/09

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwu-Wm3dRhw

This setup does not work in conjunction with Throttle expo.[/color]

Setup:
2x - Tekin FXR
2x - Holmes Hobbies 35t Handwounds
Berg Axles
Castle BEC
Futaba BLS152
Futaba 4PK
3s MaxAmps 1100

Setup:
Channel 1: Steering Servo (Wheel obviously)
Channel 2: Front ESC
Channel 3: Rear ESC
Channel 4: Open for optional accessories such as winch down or 4ws on a super class crawler

One of the first things I did was go into the SYSTM menu and change DISP-SEL and set it to "SRV-VIEW". This is very similar to the DX3R's "Monitor" function except the DX3R does not allow you to set it as the main screen which I always wished it would. The Servo View gives a very clear bar graph style view of what every channel is doing. This allowed me to do all of my experimenting without having to wire everything up, what an awesome feature!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...a/JU010113.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...a/JU010114.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...a/JU010115.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...a/JU010116.jpg

To control the two ESC's I setup PMix1 and PMix2 (program mix 1 & 2).

PMIX1
FWRD: -100
BRAK: -100
MST: TH
SLV: TH
TRIM: OFF

PMIX2
FWRD: -100
BRAK: -100
MST: Th
SLV: CH3
TRIM: ON

I set PMix1 on PS1 which is on the bottom of the wheel, it feels very natural to hit the button it is a fantastic spot. I set PMix2 to PS2, which is on the grip but and easily activated/deactivated by your middle finger..

To do this go to the SWTCH menu.
Set PS1 to PROG MIX1 / ALT
Set PS2 to PROG MIX2 / ALT
You can flip PS1 and PS2 depending on what you feel most comfortable using when it comes to activating your front and rear dig.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...a/JU010123.jpg

When you first turn the radio on you will need to hit PS1 and PS2 to activate both mixes and give you 4 wheel drive.

If I hit the switch again it turns the mixing off, that means that the 3rd channel is not seeing ANY throttle which should give me standard dig with lock (the lock comes from the drag brake settings on the ESC).

Now for adjustable mix of the rear esc. Go to the Dial menu and set the the these three lines as such:
*DT1: PM2-B: 10 / NOR <-- you can set this to any of the DT buttons that feel comfortable with your style.

PLEASE SEE THE VIDEO TO SEE ALL THE CAPABILITIES

I also set the vibrate feature to work every time you hit the switches, when you turn a mix on it pulses twice, when you turn a mix off it gives one long pulse. VERY COOl!

toy4crawlin 10-01-2008 12:40 PM

Thanks for the Sweet instructions

I am very interested in Learning more about this Radio

When , where is this Crawlpolooza :?:

I will Be sold when:
I can figure out if Push Sw 2 is a single movement or full porportion servo input
Digital Dial what does it do ? Can it be a full porportion servo input ?
or they are 2,3 servo positions
What are Digital Dial 1 & 2 used for :?:
Going to have a 2 Crawlers
I want to know if I can do Single ESC, front steer with 3 micro switches for dual dig with free wheel and where on the radio are those switches

For my super single ESC, Front steer, rear steer, Dig servo-full porportion(adjustable)

Harley 10-01-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toy4crawlin (Post 1365353)
Thanks for the Sweet instructions

I am very interested in Learning more about this Radio

When , where is this Crawlpolooza :?:

Oct 10,11,12 in Disney, OK

Quote:

I will Be sold when:
I can figure out if Push Sw 2 is a single movement or full porportion servo input.

It is a single input, I use it to toggle my Program Mix 2 program on and off. See my first post in this thread.

Quote:

Digital Dial what does it do ? Can it be a full porportion servo input ? Can it be a full porportion servo input ? or they are 2,3 servo positions

Any of the dials can be set to act as multi position "switches". All the way from 2 to 200 positions. For a more in depth explanation you can see the manual on www.futaba-rc.com or I can help you if you a specific setup question.

Quote:

What are Digital Dial 1 & 2 used for :?:

Anything you want. Every button is fully programable. "thumbsup"

Quote:

I want to know if I can do Single ESC, front steer with 3 micro switches for dual dig with free wheel and where on the radio are those switches

For my super single ESC, Front steer, rear steer, Dig servo-full porportion(adjustable)

I think I have most of this covered in the How-To's above with the exception of the 3 micro switch setup. I will do that one for you tomorrow, it is very simple. "thumbsup"

toy4crawlin 10-03-2008 11:13 AM

that would be very helpful , thank you
I am doing some reading, but it still gets a little confusing, I could learn in a minute if I had it in my hands

Brandon 10-03-2008 12:38 PM

Nice job Josh, I like the 100% rear and 50% front setting. Have you been able to have a switch setup to enable 100% rear and nothing to the front?

Harley 10-03-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing (Post 1368255)
Nice job Josh, I like the 100% rear and 50% front setting. Have you been able to have a switch setup to enable 100% rear and nothing to the front?

I could hook up a micro switch on channel 4 since I am not using it and have it cut power to the front motor. I hadn't actually thought of that, it may be worth a try.

Good thinking, Futaba could sure use another team mate like you ;-)

toy4crawlin 10-03-2008 02:28 PM

4pk sounding good

what kind of deal can I get ?

maybe I can sell some of my other radios and cars to help fund this.

Harley 10-03-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toy4crawlin (Post 1368396)
4pk sounding good

what kind of deal can I get ?

maybe I can sell some of my other radios and cars to help fund this.

Last I heard, Ultimate Hobbies had the best deal. "thumbsup"

benzee403 12-12-2008 07:15 AM

Will this work with the tamiya 3 speed? also will it work if we had the MFU?

Harley 12-12-2008 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benzee403 (Post 1470693)
Will this work with the tamiya 3 speed? also will it work if we had the MFU?

The radio works great with a 3 speed setup.

I will do step-by-step instructions for this application soon, I just hadn't thought to post them.

As for the MFU, I do not believe you will be able to run the MFU to it's full potential. The MFU is designed with very OLD technology in mind. It makes you use radios with analog trim functions and such. I know the Tamiya Fans have really been pushing for them to update this, all you can do is join them in trying to persuade Tamiya.

8)

One-eyed Jack 12-13-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing (Post 1368255)

I used pmix2 for that setup. In pm2 I set the steering as the master and ch3 as the slave. Use the momentary switch in the grip to turn pm2 on . When you hold the grip button and turn left or right the rear esc will run in proportion to the amount of steering input. You will have to use the servo vue screen to set up so you can tell what is happening. You will have to set the slave to run in the same direction when you turn left or right.

Harley 12-13-2008 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One-eyed Jack (Post 1472802)
I used pmix2 for that setup. In pm2 I set the steering as the master and ch3 as the slave. Use the momentary switch in the grip to turn pm2 on . When you hold the grip button and turn left or right the rear esc will run in proportion to the amount of steering input. You will have to use the servo vue screen to set up so you can tell what is happening. You will have to set the slave to run in the same direction when you turn left or right.

That is an interesting way to do it, however I would never give up my underpowered rear setting. It is amazing on tough verticals.

I think I may just add the front motor kill to the 4th channel so I can retain all functionality. Also with that setup you are also still moving your steering and I can see that as being an issue in certain instances.

A unique approach though, very outside the box "thumbsup"

One-eyed Jack 12-14-2008 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 1472817)
That is an interesting way to do it, however I would never give up my underpowered rear setting. It is amazing on tough verticals.

I think I may just add the front motor kill to the 4th channel so I can retain all functionality. Also with that setup you are also still moving your steering and I can see that as being an issue in certain instances.

A unique approach though, very outside the box "thumbsup"

Did not give up. I use the digital trim #3. Set it for subtrim for pm1. I can make the rear esc lead or lag on the fly. I also have the dial dl3 set to control chan 3. Four clicks forward is wide open and four clicks back is reverse on the rear esc. I have the best of both IMO. I am using a 3PK . If I had four channels I might not have been so creative.

Harley 12-14-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One-eyed Jack (Post 1473625)
Did not give up. I use the digital trim #3. Set it for subtrim for pm1. I can make the rear esc lead or lag on the fly. I also have the dial dl3 set to control chan 3. Four clicks forward is wide open and four clicks back is reverse on the rear esc. I have the best of both IMO. I am using a 3PK . If I had four channels I might not have been so creative.

I am off to try the subtrim option now. Thanks for the tip ;-)

Harley 12-14-2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One-eyed Jack (Post 1473625)

Well the subtrim works great to adjust the amount of rear mixing. That was one thing that I was definitely missing. Thanks a bunch for the tip.

Now I did not change away from my Pmix1 and Pmix2. I am going to setup a separate model and try out your setup and see what I think. I need to get some wheel time in.

One-eyed Jack 12-14-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 1474003)
Well the subtrim works great to adjust the amount of rear mixing. That was one thing that I was definitely missing. Thanks a bunch for the tip.

Now I did not change away from my Pmix1 and Pmix2. I am going to setup a separate model and try out your setup and see what I think. I need to get some wheel time in.

That is more or less what I did so I would not have to reconfig everything. Totally unrelated question. What if anything can/do you use on tires for traction? I have used Purple Power to good advantage. spray it on,set for 1 min and rinse off with plain water.

Harley 12-14-2008 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One-eyed Jack (Post 1474248)
That is more or less what I did so I would not have to reconfig everything. Totally unrelated question. What if anything can/do you use on tires for traction? I have used Purple Power to good advantage. spray it on,set for 1 min and rinse off with plain water.

I am going to update the Berg setup here in a minute with the new options.

I personally use Simple Green. I clean them off first (I use the Simple Green then too), dry them and make sure no debris is left then I give them a good shot of the simple green again. and LEAVE it on.

One-eyed Jack 12-15-2008 04:34 AM

Sounds like a plan.

TLTRyan 12-24-2008 10:41 PM

Great thread"thumbsup"

I was given a 4PK, Berg, Dual Sidewinder ESC setup to program for a friend. I don't have a manual to go by so I used your thread to set it up. Works perfectly."thumbsup"

Harley 12-24-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLTRyan (Post 1492325)
Great thread"thumbsup"

I was given a 4PK, Berg, Dual Sidewinder ESC setup to program for a friend. I don't have a manual to go by so I used your thread to set it up. Works perfectly."thumbsup"

Ryan if you need any help let me know, it is an amazing setup!

dabiddo 12-30-2008 04:13 AM

Thanks Harley for the info. Very helpful thread.
I would like to share something abt rear wheel steer setup that I learnt while setting up my ax10.
I had used the same method that you wrote below and like what you mentioned, we need to keep track of the mixing, else the servo will behave abnormally.

Here's my solution.

I assign ch4 to one switch, say PS1 and setup Pmix1 similarly to what you have mentioned.

Next, I activate 2nd Cond (in System Menu) and assign it to another switch, say PS2.
Now, when i toggle PS2, it will goes into 2nd cond.
Now, in this 2nd cond, I set up PMIX1 as follows:
LEFT: 100
RGHT: 100

Doing the above, we eliminate the need to keep track of mixing.
Toggle between 4WS and crab walk only requires 1 switch press.
Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Rear Steer

There are number of different way to run rear steer. On this radio it mostly depends on how you run the other channels. If you are not mixing any channels already then you can mix the front and rear steering two ways to five you fully proportional steering. If you are already mixing channels, such as using dual esc's then Option 2 will be for you.

Option 1
Fully Proportional

Plug your rear servo in to the channel 4 slot for this example.

Now on main menu screen 1 you should see PMIX1 and PMIX2

What you just did was setup a traditional rear steer, when you steer the front wheels left the rear wheels will steer right.

Change PS1: to "PROG MIX1/ ALT"

Now when you press the PS1 button (located under the wheel) you will activate or deactivate the rear steer.

Next go to PMIX2 and adjust it as follows:
LEFT: +100
RGHT: +100

What you just did was setup a crab walk rear steer, when you steer the front wheels left the rear wheels will steer left.

Change PS2: to "PROG MIX2/ ALT"

Now when you press the PS2 button (located on the pistol grip) you will activate or deactivate the crab walk rear steer.

Something to note. You need to keep track of when you have the mixing activated. If you have BOTH activated then they cancel each other out, make sense?

bullet1231 12-30-2008 11:49 PM

josh! Thank u so much bro, now all my 4PK woes are fixed! thanks again buddy.

Harley 12-30-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullet1231 (Post 1500561)
josh! Thank u so much bro, now all my 4PK woes are fixed! thanks again buddy.

No problem Chris, feel free to give me a call again if you ever need anything. I am always willing to help if I can.

These radios may seem overwhelming at first, but as soon as you get the just of the programming the ideas will never stop!

flybird 01-02-2009 07:52 PM

Nice thread. Should be up for a sticky "thumbsup"

racenut123 01-02-2009 08:04 PM

is there a way to program a front and a rear dig with dual speed controls?Or is the 4th channel switch the way to go to cut the front speed control out?This is an incredible thread,but I am getting confused by the sheer amount of great info!

Harley 01-02-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racenut123 (Post 1505126)
is there a way to program a front and a rear dig with dual speed controls?Or is the 4th channel switch the way to go to cut the front speed control out?This is an incredible thread,but I am getting confused by the sheer amount of great info!

Yes, one eyed jack pointed out one way and there is a second way using the second condition feature.

The way that I am using right now is to set my PMix2 up this way:

Left: +100
Right: -100
Master Channel: Steering
Slave Channel: 3rd Channel (rear ESC)
Mode: Active

I set Pmix2 to the PS2 switch and set it to NOR

So what this means is, you can PRESS and HOLD the PS2 button (on the grip) and your rear tires will spin proportionally to the steering wheel. No matter what way you steer the tires will spin forward (due to the right value being set to -100). I did this because i don't want my tires to spin in reverse due to it causing me a point. This will also let you steer uphill no matter what direction you are coming from.

Any questions about the setup just let me know "thumbsup"

whoodie 01-02-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racenut123 (Post 1505126)

There is another way. You will want to mix the 3rd channel to throttle and the 4th channel to throttle as well. Plug your front ESC into channel 3 and rear ESC into channel 4. Set a switch to turn on/off mix 1 (i.e. front ESC) and another switch to turn on/off mix 2 (i.e. rear ESC). This way both 3rd and 4th channels mix from the throttle trigger, but can also be turned on or off independently for front and rear dig. I'm waiting to verify this but my FXR is backordered. The servo output screen does show that this can work, but thought I should mention that I have not verified it yet.

Harley 01-02-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoodie (Post 1505325)
There is another way. You will want to mix the 3rd channel to throttle and the 4th channel to throttle as well. Plug your front ESC into channel 3 and rear ESC into channel 4. Set a switch to turn on/off mix 1 (i.e. front ESC) and another switch to turn on/off mix 2 (i.e. rear ESC). This way both 3rd and 4th channels mix from the throttle trigger, but can also be turned on or off independently for front and rear dig. I'm waiting to verify this but my FXR is backordered. The servo output screen does show that this can work, but thought I should mention that I have not verified it yet.

Whoodie, I looked into this as you suggested. You are using the 2nd condition function correct?

It make using rear dig a 2 step process right? Because you need 3 mix function to have 4WD, Front dig, rear dig.

TLTRyan 01-02-2009 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoodie (Post 1505325)

If you get this to work as you say"thumbsup". I have my Nomadio wired up just as you have described but was told the 4PK would not work in this same manner. I sure would love to upgrade to the 4PK its such a nice radio.

whoodie 01-02-2009 10:17 PM

No I'm not using a 2nd condition. The switches will turn on or off the mix it is programmed to. i.e. switch 1 will activate or deactivate the mix between ch 2 and 3. switch 2 will activate or deactivate the mix between ch 2 and 4. Channel 2 acts as the master for both mix 1 and 2. So if you hit switch 1, mix 1 is deactivated and you have 2wd. Hit switch 2 and you deactivate mix 2. So each mix is independent, and you have your ESC connected to ch 3 and 4 on the rx. If you want to dig, you hit one button.